It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it like being dead for eternity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Here's a very interesting NDE (well he was actually dead for at least 15-20 minutes and woke up in the morgue) which suggests that we either pass into a "new creation" or, just sit in darkness but not without awareness (how troubling that would be).

Ian McCormack was night diving off the island of Mauritius when he was stung multiple times by Box Jellyfish, which are among the most venomous creatures in the world. His testimony relates how he clung to life while getting to hospital, was declared clinically dead soon afterwards, and how during this time he had an encounter with Jesus, which radically changed the direction of his life. Link

Edit to add: As far as I know, nobody can BE "dead" since there is nothing that is not, and to the all-in-all as the fully informed Akashic Record, no information and nothing of value is lost. Additionally death is just a part of life and life meeting life swallows death, death doesn't swallow life and have the last word, or there wouldn't be anything and no life to begin with.

Of course we can't say in fullness what's behind the veil, but it's not nothing. Also we have a huge repository of NDE accounts to examine, which show that they are something well beyond a mere release of dimethyltryptamine, although the molecule may serve as a medium or a gateway access point.

Our ego however can and will die and on that score it's best to get it over with while still alive and become more authentic and true both to life and to ourselves as we really are, authentically.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 12-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Our culture is centered around the self, the ego, individualism...
This question stems from that paradigm, where what happens to the self when the body expires?

The illusion is that we are separate, but the reality is that everything is interconnected together and our very way of life is dependent on others.

I am the man in the house across me, or the lady walking down the street. I always was and will always be, just changing states from time to time.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

What is it like being dead for eternity?

I imagine it is exactly as it sounds.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Exactly, it's only the ego that's concerned but everything is forever passing into and out of form and the cycle of life meeting life is what's real. Death has no meaning and it doesn't even make any sense since there's nothing that is not only what is.

Also re: eternal darkness - nothing's forever, and Jesus himself said that if you end up getting thrown in "prison" that you won't get out until you've paid the very last penny, but that still means that you get out eventually, so no one will be relegated to sitting in nothing and darkness (with awareness) forever.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You are born.
You live.
You die.

When you die your death in this age of mankind's self rule on Earth, God ceases to sustain your soul (lifeforce). Without this sustaining you "feel", "understand" and "think" no thing.

Ecc 9:5-6
"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun."

Then after the 1000 years have been completed, all mankind that has ever lived or died on earth will be ressurected to physical life a second time; this second physical life is what is spoken of as pertaining to the "second death" in Revelation.

Rev 20
"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished."

"And when the thousand years are expired, ...I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and graves delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and the grave were cast into Ghenna (all consuming fire). This is the second death.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into Ghenna (all consuming fire)."

It is this second death that results in actual death for all time. Not torment in Hell, but simply no longer receiving the life sustaining energy (soul) needed to live in this realm.

There are 2 paths to salvation in God's family (Elohim):

The narrow path (144,000 and Jesus Christ during the last 6000 years)
- You are born.
- You live
- You are called by God to enter into judgement in this age of mankind's self rule.
- You are tried and tested, molded and fashioned over the course of your life into the spiritual image of God.
- You die.
- On Petecost 2013 you are ressurected to immortal spirit life (like Jesus Christ before you) as a member of the 144,000 member Kingdom of God on Earth (Temple of God, Body of Christ, Church of God).
- You rule with Jesus Christ in the Kingdom of God for 1000 years.
- You rule with Jesus Christ during the final phase of God's plan the "Great White Thrown".

The wide path (all other human beings that were born, lived and died during the past 6000 years)
- You are born
- You live.
- You die.
- You are ressurected to physical life a second time after 1000 years of the Kingdom of God on Earth.
- You live a second life, with all mankind focused on learning God's way of life and being judged righteously at that time.

This is the same experience for all human beings up to this point, than a choice is made by the free thinking human being.

If you agree with God's way of life, through experience prooving it over time, you are ressurected to immortal spiritual life as Jesus Christ before you (achieve salvation). If you willingly choose to continue thinking in opposition to God's way of thinking, you will not be allowed to have life again (achieve damnation). You will cease to exist in any form forever. But this choice will be free to make, after God has perfectly prooven all factors needed to justly determine the mind of each individual human being.

That is the second death, a death that will last for eternity, never to be given life again; Satan and his host as well will cease to exist forever at that moment in time, so that all beings in the Elohim of God, or the angelic realm will live the way of life which leads to peace... forever.

God Bless,

edit on 12-4-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

JD.... I just wanted to jump in and say I love the name as Elohim would be God's actual race, correct? Not sure if ATSr's are aware of that but I never saw a user name such as your's. Star!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If you agree with God's way of life, through experience prooving it over time, you are ressurected to immortal spiritual life as Jesus Christ before you (achieve salvation). If you willingly choose to continue thinking in opposition to God's way of thinking, you will not be allowed to have life again (achieve damnation). You will cease to exist in any form forever. But this choice will be free to make, after God has perfectly prooven all factors needed to justly determine the mind of each individual human being.

Only those who fear death create and employ such fictions.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

JD.... I just wanted to jump in and say I love the name as Elohim would be God's actual race, correct? Not sure if ATSr's are aware of that but I never saw a user name such as your's. Star!

Yes,

Elohim is God's name, like Jim Smith is called "Smith". Jim is called "Smith" because he does smithing (a title for what he does, actions). God is called Elohim, because He creates Elohim, and all members of Elohim will share in that work over time.

A family name can be one person large (ex. Mr. Smith), or it can be billions large (ex. Smith family reunion).

1. In the begining there was one member; God Almighty (Yahweh Elohim).

2. In 31AD a second member was added (Jesus Christ Elohim).

3. On Petecost 144,000 members will be added (Kingdom of God).

4. By the time all has been finished (after the 1000 years and the Great White Thrown) billions of members will be added (Family of God).

By this understanding does the scripture in Genesis truely come alive!

"Let Elohim make (create over time) mankind in the image (way of thinking/character) of Elohim."

No matter where you are in the plan of God, from begining to end, whoever is in Elohim at any given moment in time (based on purpose of the age), is working at helping others come into Elohim (be created in God image).

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

ElohimJD,

I enjoy your posts. Your one of the few people who can quote scripture in such a way, that I find it very rewarding and contemplative to read. I enjoy how you decisively explain what scripture means. You break it all down nicely, and you actually had me pulling out my bible today. No easy feat, I assure you. Trying to puzzle that book out makes me want to pull my hair out!

Thanks for being here at ATS. It's enriched by you.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

We are made of stardust.

We will be stardust again.

We become the universe when we die.

The universe is infinite.

As are we.

You are not your consciousness.

Your consciousness is you observing the universe

and the universe observing you.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Only those who disagree with the Word of God refuse such Revelation when given.

It is ok though, for it is God's will at this time for each of you to determine for yourselves what is right and what is wrong. It helps him bring you to conviction of His truth over time by perfect design. The very design laid out for you in the above posting.

I am not here to convert or force God's truth on anyone, but what is about to take place over all the Earth will bring many to these posts shortly as God Reveals who He is and who He works through at this time. God will proove Himself. I share God's truth because I agree with His mind in all things as His servant.

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Its probably exactly like it was before you were born.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If you had any idea how weak that argument is, you wouldn't have made it.

Edit: Here's a paradigm shifting POV (from the atheist perspective) you might want to consider with regards to intelligent design and creative intentionality from a first/last cause or by a Creative Agency aka God.

Starts here, but continues for a few posts.

Superintelligent Design in Earth-Moon-Sun Configuration

And that's just for starters.

I've known some people who would RATHER be dead for an eternity than to see or relate to God - can you imagine how pathetic that would be, to rather be annihilated than see the creator..?!

edit on 12-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

ElohimJD,

I enjoy your posts. Your one of the few people who can quote scripture in such a way, that I find it very rewarding and contemplative to read. I enjoy how you decisively explain what scripture means. You break it all down nicely, and you actually had me pulling out my bible today. No easy feat, I assure you. Trying to puzzle that book out makes me want to pull my hair out!

Thanks for being here at ATS. It's enriched by you.

Blessings,
Cirque

God lead you to open His Word, we are at that moment in time; I am humbled by hearing your response to what He was sharing.

All things I share with ATS pertaining to scripture and God do not come from me or by me, I am only a human being with much yet to overcome. But because of the blessing of God's plan for all mankind and His calling me into it at this time (the end of this age), He has given me a small portion of his Holy Spirit to dwell in my mind when I am atoned unto His through daily repentance and change in my life; as made possible by the Passover sacrifcie of Jesus Christ (the Passover Lamb of God). By this means does God speak through His servants; the Word's I share are not mine but my adopted Father's in Heaven, the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob; the Eternal God of all Creation.

When I used to read these scripture prior to entering into God's fellowship, I understood them not (might as well be Greek lol... pun intended!). But God's spirit in me does the interpretation for me, and your receiving of that interpretation can only come from God giving you understanding thereof. You are in a good place for what is about to transpire, for you heard the voice of God and responded by seeking His Word.

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Then what...what is it like being dead for eternity?

Exactly the same as it is being dead for 10 seconds. A whole lot of nothing. Ever been anesthetized for surgery? Just like that. Except you never wake up and you and the entire universe ceases to exist and never existed.

edit on 12-4-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

- On Petecost 2013 you are ressurected to immortal spirit life

What?

3. On Petecost 144,000 members will be added (Kingdom of God). 4. By the time all has been finished (after the 1000 years and the Great White Thrown) billions of members will be added (Family of God).

Oh... Every year...

....Hold on....It's not every year....

The 144,000 people described in two passages of the Bible: Revelation 7:1-8 and 14:1-5. According to the first passage, they are "the servants of . . . God" (7:3) who are pictured as being sealed upon their foreheads. Verses 4-8 depict there being 12,000 sealed from each of the 12 tribes of Israel, giving a total of 144,000

"12 Tribes of Israel" . No-one else.

In Revelation 14:1 we are told that the seal on their foreheads is Christ's and his Father's name. The 144,000 are with Jesus, and they sing a unique song of worship, which no one else can learn (14:3).

It doesn't say "every year"

In 14:4-5 we are told more about their identity: "It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are chaste [Greek, "virgins"]; it is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes; these have been redeemed from mankind as first fruits for God and the Lamb, and in their mouth no lie was found, for they are spotless."

So if you are hoping for this yearly salvation, I hope you haven't "defiled" yourself with any women and you have never told a lie........

It is what Witnesses say next that is bizarre. Supposedly God began collecting the 144,000 at Pentecost in A.D. 33 but stopped collecting them in 1935, when the full number was reached. Some of the 144,000 are still living, and they are all Jehovah's Witnesses. As of 1986 there were only about 9,000 of the 144,000 left alive.

The problem is that almost none of the 9,000 Witnesses supposed to be members of this group fit this description. Many of them are married Gentile women with children, and they presumably have bent the truth more than a few times in their lives.

Source

So I'm confused. Did Elo stop taking the 144,000 in 1935?

Or do you " sing a unique song of worship, which no one else can learn "

and thereby gain secret information?

....And it's Pentecost, by the way, not Petecost..

Peace.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

What an incredibly foolish statement.

Millions of Christians have died because they would not deny the name of Jesus Christ.

But I assure you, you're going to fear death with that mentality. Wait till it sets in.

Jesus Christ did not fear death, but willingly went into death. And so many have also followed Him into death. Did they do it because they were afraid of death?

What a foolish statement, I say again.

They did it because they love their Lord. Fear is not of the Lord; fear is of Satan. And therefore, I am able to perceive the amount of trembling possessing you whenever your end is met.

But what good is that? It's sad. Very sad.

When we die, we go into the grave. And there is no remembrance in the grave. The worms indeed eat your body, and it goes everywhere, and it rots. And there is nothing. No memory; nothing.

But everyone will be resurrected, indeed. In fact, some won't even die. Some will simply change.

Now the question of this thread is more interested in trying to consciously recreate what cannot be consciously known with our living spirits; neither does sleep really imitate death very well.

You see, we only have eternity in our hearts. As God said, He put eternity in our hearts. We are unable to see anything besides eternity. We don't understand an "end all". It's incomprehensible.

Well, the reason for that is because God is never-ending, beginning to end. If our creator made us in His image, therefore, we can not reasonably understand something that does not exist for us, as being alive.

But... those that are dead, something is revealed to them that is not revealed to anyone else.

Absence of existence.

This is called corruption. It's a place God went in the form of Jesus Christ. He went and He conquered that place. So He even has the keys to death even!

And yet, He is even greater than that.

For He created a place where these aspects of eternity could be place into eternal destruction.

For He will throw death and hell into the lake of fire. (This is no normal lava flow). The lake of fire is a place God has prepared to destroy aspects of eternity.

Like our souls, which cannot at the moment understand an "end all". But some will learn what that end-all is.

It is a place that exists outside of God. And since all things currently exist within God, this is a crazy place indeed. It's farfetched. It's called "outer darkness". The place is reserved, but it has not yet manifest because it does not yet have its first visitor. It will, however, when the false prophet and the man of sin are both cast into the lake of fire, to have their eternal aspects destroyed. And they will be the first visitors to a place that the fallen angels and also the wicked men and women will also inhabit that place.

For as of yet, nothing has been destroyed. Not a single thing. All things are still possessed within God.

But there are some that are already appointed to that second death.

And that second death is greater than the first. Because the eternal aspects must be cast into something capable of destroying their ability to live. How can God kill that which is eternal?

This is something we cannot comprehend, except for with metaphor. We haven't gone there. God has only created the door to the place; but cannot enter therein, for God cannot be outside of Himself, which encompasses all things.

Oh yes, the brain will stretch. The spirit will fear greatly. That God has the power to create a destructive fire, a door, to a place which He Himself cannot even enter.

Imagine that.

And those therein can never comeback. It is sealed. The destruction is sealed.

The smoke of their torment rises up for ever and ever.

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Of which there has not been any yet. But soon.

You should be able to understand this much:

It's the worst possible thing that can happen to you. There is nothing worse. Think of the worst thing you can think of. Think of the picture of that basketball player's leg bone sticking out, combined with the terror of a million tarantulas, all happening while falling from space into the center of a volcano, with a baby. Now multiply by infinity.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Everyone keeps saying that when you die, it's lights out forever.

What is we strip the notion of self down simply to sentience? As a premise.

And what if we agree that anything that happens once will happen again given enough time? Can you name anything that has happened once that will never happen again given enough time/the notion of probability?

Sounds to me then like it's only lights out for a while. If you can accept that "you" might simply mean to be aware once again, in another life.

And the thing about time is that you have to be aware to notice its passing. So if this lights out means not being aware... even if the lights don't come on again for one hundred billion years, wrt being sentient, there would be no perceived gaps in being alive -- transitioning to another sentient experience would be instantaneous (and cyclic, forever more, assuming that you also believe that whatever formed our universe must also be capable of happening again).

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
What is we strip the notion of self down simply to sentience?

"Self" is more like point of view, not just the mechanics of thinking. Nobody sees or experiences the world (or brings it from virtual to actual) from your particular, individual perspective. Nobody else is looking out of your eyeballs. So what happens when you no longer have a point of view? When you are no longer able to look out your own eyeballs?

You're gone. Nothing. Void. Null. And so is the rest of the universe.

And what if we agree that anything that happens once will happen again given enough time?

Once you're dead, there is no more time. No more probabilities.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Let me clarify here a bit.

On Pentecost 2013 144,000 members will be added.

There will not be another group added to this group until just prior to the Ressurection of the dead in the Great White Thrown Judgement phase (after the 1000 years). At that time those who were redeemed during the 1000 years after Pentrecost 2013 (lived and died in the age of the Kingdom of God on Earth) will be added to the original 144,000 members created shortly.

Then the final group is added after the Great White Thrown Judgement phase completing the salvation of all manind through time.

I am sorry if my phrasing indicated every Pentecost more would be added that is NOT true. Three waves will exist:

1. Pentecost 2013 = 144,000 redeemed from this age of mankind's self rule.

2. After the 1000 years have finished = those redeemed from the age of the Kingdom of God on Earth in preparation for 20-30 billion human beings about to come back to life (144,000 needs to be expanded due to the scope of this final phase).

3. After the Great White Thrown Judgement = all who have ever lived and died that were redeemed by God.

God Bless,

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join