It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it like being dead for eternity?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
We are born
We live
and we die

In life we experience feelings and thoughts and are aware of our physical body, animated by our life force and with dreams and hopes. We identity our own uniqueness of existance, and can even trace our family history and make plans for the future.

Then we at some point die

Then what...what is it like being dead for eternity?
edit on 12-4-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
We are born
We live
and we die

In life we experience feelings and thoughts and are aware of our body with dreams, hopes. We identity our own uniqueness of existance, and can even trace our family history and make plans for the future.

Then what...what is it like bing dead for eternity?

It is the same as this. This always appears different.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

please explain in more detail

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Life and Death are cyclical functions that allow The One, The All, The Higher Self, The Divine, and God to enjoy relative and subjective experience.

Why do we so fear Death? It only takes us back to the place before Life. The Inhale and Exhale of existence.

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

We are born
We live
and we die

Tell me - what was it like before you were born?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I cant describe what happened before i was born, the self i am was not in existance.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I guess it would depend a lot on your religious/spiritual beliefs. If I had neither of those then I would say that being dead for eternity is like when you lay down to sleep and never quite enter a vivid dream state. Kind of like when you wake up from a long nights sleep and don't remember what you dreamed at all. All you remember is drifting off. Except "dead for eternity" would not include you waking up at all. I suppose we can all only guess.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I cant describe what happened before i was born, the self i am was not in existance.

Thus you cannot descibe what happens after you're death, because you're self that you were is not in existence anymore.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Explanation: S&F!

It is like being raindrops ... in an ocean!

They only sense and 'remember' being raindrops ... when they are in their cloud formation ... which emerges naturally from the ocean!

Personal; Disclosure How many clouds can you count and see in the sea?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If you are old enough to remember the older types of televisions then let me say this :

When you switched of the television the image would disappear into the middle of the screen and then leave a white dot for a while before blinking off and then nothing...

If you cannot remember what it was like before you were born then this will be what it is like after...

Quite simply nothing.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 12-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling mistake

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I see the ocean as one large mass of water which has currents swirling inside of it. So we go from being a cloud drop falling from heaven to a drop inside a swirling ocean tide.
Thanks for S/F OL

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
We are more than just a physical body. When your body dies, you continue to exist.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Nobody knows what it's like being dead, period.

Has anyone ever come back to inform us?

We can speculate according to our personal beliefs but other than that, there is no way of knowing.

Personally, I believe we return to the Source but I could be wrong. Who really knows?

Dead for eternity ?
I'd assume it would be something like this :

...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ....................................................

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yeshua/Jesus said, "Before Abraham was, I AM."

Because of the interconnected nature of this reality,... the first bite of food that the first human consumed is still within our bodies. The first light is still within our beings.

We are existence and existence is us.

We are so intimately connected to all matter and all energy, that we simply Live and Die into other points of consciousness. Whether it be the consciousness of being water, or a rock, or plant, or animal, or energy potentiality.

I AM THAT I AM

Reincarnation is not simply being reborn as another human. Reincarnation is the scientifically verifiable transfer and exchange of elements and energy from one body to another.

Peace

edit on 12-4-2013 by Kgnow because: Format Edit

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
If you are old enough to remember the older types of televisions then let me say this :

When you switched of the television the image would disappear into the middle of the screen and then leave a white dot for a while before blinking off and then nothing...

If you cannot remember what it was like before you were born then this will be what it is like after...

Quite simply nothing.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 12-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling mistake

Then that would make the test card girl with a clown and chalk board, satan? perhaps?

(you have to be old and british to find that funny).

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Like sleeping for eternity

+ You do know you don't have same chances.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
When we die, any self importance we once believed and / or proclaimed were true, has gone. We are worm food and soil nutrients - however positive or harmful to the soil depending on our diet whilst living. Incineration of the body is the most economical and selfless way of removing oneself from the planet imo.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

That test card girl with the clown used to scare me sh**less when i was a child

You mean this one :

Oh my... am i really that old???

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What is death, how can you explain "being" dead? Is it a empty space after? will you remember who you are? or will you remember be born again?

We won't know until we die.

For example, we can't even fathom what is "living", but we have some understanding, only because we are living it.

We just know this stage of life, that we are living, there might have been many stages previous to this, and after this.
edit on 4/12/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Quite simply nothing.

With all due respect, we aren't televisions. And how do you know? None of us know for certain what will happen after we die. I have had some experiences that imply there is more existence after death, but I still can't say for sure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join