It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Arpaio, Arizona Sheriff, Has Explosive Addressed To Him, Intercepted By Authorities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Joe Arpaio, Arizona Sheriff, Has Explosive Addressed To Him, Intercepted By Authorities

www.huffingtonpost.com

PHOENIX — Authorities say law officers in Arizona have intercepted an explosive device that was earmarked for Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said late Thursday night that the device was contained in a package addressed to the sheriff at his downtown Phoenix office.

The sheriff's office says Flagstaff, Ariz., police reported that the package appeared suspicious so it was x-rayed and the device detected.

A bomb squad team neutralized the explosive.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is disturbing. I have no love for Arpaio, none at all. But this is not the solution for ridding the world of this xenophobic brown shirted thug.

Whoever did this, is a criminal, a coward, and working directly against the fight to rid this country of this evil human being. He needs to be voted out of office, not blown up.

Unless of course it turns out that the Sheriff actually sent it himself to himself to remain in the spotlight and keep relevant. Which I wouldn't put past this stinking turd of a human being.

This guy needs to be voted out of office, for the good of the community and for freedom loving people everywhere.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-4-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
To the left, Unity is achieved by silencing dissent. By any means necessary.

These are the same folks who refer to those of us who preserve and adhere to the ideals the U.S. was founded upon as "Extremists" and "Terrorists".

Its simple fascism, and all fascism is leftist.

Another recent example? Racist liberal fascists silenced a black man from speaking on their college campus, denying him his access to free speech; Dr Ben Carson.

Free speech and dissent are a deadly threat to leftists, its why they must silence their targets by demagoguery, ridicule, mob mentality and thuggery which are handily enough, just the activity their sort enjoy.

Simply put, leftist notions cannot bear even the slightest degree of scrutiny, they of course know this. And that's why they do what they do.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Joe will be arrested for illegal possession of explosives while the person who sent it will be given amnesty, free college tuition and a huge tax refund. Sigh.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

brown shirted thug.

I would say that would be a more apt description of President Obama's Home Grown Army....
The DHS!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Joe will be arrested for illegal possession of explosives while the person who sent it will be given amnesty, free college tuition and a huge tax refund. Sigh.

I tend to agree with you. I think the man is of an age that he could not care less about remaining relevant. It's not like he has spent his entire life chasing the spotlight. I think he is trying to do what is lawful. Whether everyone agrees if it is right or wrong is a whole other issue IMO. He stands up for what he believes is right.... and that is a dying trait these days. Go with the flow seems to be the new MO. Any dissenting opinion in regards to the current "regime" is met with scorn, violence, threats of violence, and flat out mockery. It seems we will just have to get used to it.
edit on 4/12/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Unless of course it turns out that the Sheriff actually sent it himself to himself to remain in the spotlight and keep relevant. Which I wouldn't put past this stinking turd of a human being.

Sadly I could see him doing this. The interest in his Cold Case Posse has waned and Arpaio's name hasn't appeared in the national media for a few months. He must be jonesing for his next fix of attention.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

This is disturbing. I have no love for Arpaio, none at all. But this is not the solution for ridding the world of this xenophobic brown shirted thug.

You lost me there,sigh.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

This guy needs to be voted out of office, for the good of the community and for freedom loving people everywhere.

He does??? Why, because you disagree with him??

The guy has been elected like 6 or 7 times!! I’d say the people have spoken! Don’t worry, he’s 80 years old. I’d be surprised if this wasn’t his last term. I just hope the people of Maricopa are lucky enough to get another ball buster like Joe!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hmm.. I'm not sure why everyone assumes this is political. There is a REAL WAR going on at the southern end of Sheriff Joe's Jurisdiction and just over that line on a map. Cartel 'teams' for lack of a better word, have made high profile killings in Phoenix over the years. It's moving north. That may be as likely as anything else. He's not one to back down an inch on the corruption the Cartels represent. I've always assumed they'd have a special hate for him.

The people in Maricopa County seem to like him for so many re-elections though and I can't say I ever had a problem with Maricopa County Sheriff when I was in and out of Phoenix and the area on a fairly regular basis in the truck.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Just look at what has been going on with the hit squads in Texas. The cartels are feeling the pinch and are pushing back. They are certainly getting bolder with the passing of each day. Arpaio is in a war zone and I can understand why he operates the way he does. Maricopa is the population center of the entire state.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Just look at what has been going on with the hit squads in Texas. The cartels are feeling the pinch and are pushing back. They are certainly getting bolder with the passing of each day. Arpaio is in a war zone and I can understand why he operates the way he does. Maricopa is the population center of the entire state.

Absolutely right!! Both of you!

Anyone who hasn’t seen the extreme violence and evil perpetrated by cartels such as the Los Zetas should do a little homework (I will gladly PM you a link to video if you think you can stomach it). There are some seriously disturbing videos on the interwebs that demonstrate their brutality and complete lack of regard for human life. I stand by people like Joe Arpaio because people like him are the first line of defense against these monsters. Those of you who hate him because of the pink uniforms, supposed mistreatment of illegals, living conditions in his jail, etc are missing the point. You are sheltered little pansies who don’t realize how good you’ve got it. You don't realize the brutality and violence you and your family are protected from on a daily basis.

edit on 12-4-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Isn't this the same thought process the government has been using since 9/11? The Cartels may be pushing in to Maricopa County but how many of our freedoms should we be willing to give up to battle them? Arpaio's practices have been deemed unconstitutional by a court of law. So why does he get a free pass when we continue to rail against the federal government passing things like the Patriot Act?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by seabag

Isn't this the same thought process the government has been using since 9/11? The Cartels may be pushing in to Maricopa County but how many of our freedoms should we be willing to give up to battle them? Arpaio's practices have been deemed unconstitutional by a court of law. So why does he get a free pass when we continue to rail against the federal government passing things like the Patriot Act?

Yes, in a way it is. The difference here is that there is NO DOUBT that the cartels are REAL and VIOLENT. There is no disputing this fact. It’s hard to take the libertarian road on this specific issue when you understand the real threat to your life and the lives of your family…I struggle with that.

What has Joe Arpaio done that you take issue with?

Have you seen the type of violence these criminal organizations are capable of? Have you SEEN it? These organization are prevalent in border states.

edit on 12-4-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It wouldn't be the first time that Arpaio set up his own assassination plot just for publicity.

blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...
www.phoenixnewtimes.com...
www.phoenixnewtimes.com...
www.janabommersbach.com...

So, this whole thing may be the sheriff trying once again to get into the limelight. He's done it before, it's probable he would do it again. I just wonder who is going to take the rap for this one?

Sure, he could blame the cartels, they are an easy target, why not?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I bet it has Eric Holder's fingerprints all over it. He probably got help from the guy Ayers who used to be pretty good at bombing.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

All of those links are about the same guy, Jimmy Saville. You do realize that Arpiao was re-elected shortly after the jury found him innocent, right? That should tell you something about the type of job he does if they overlooked the verdict. A lot of the public criticism of the man comes from liberal rags who hate him.

Maybe you’re right…maybe this is a big hoax for publicity. I guess we’ll have to see how it shakes out and who is ultimately blamed.

I still like the sheriff’s tough stance though.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

brown shirted thug.

I would say that would be a more apt description of President Obama's Home Grown Army....
The DHS!

The Department of Homeland Security was formed during W's reign. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

All of those links are about the same guy, Jimmy Saville.

I realized that, but, this is ATS and a single source for information is often greeted with (oh yea, well, that's your only link so it mustn't be true at all cause I said so) So, I gave multiple links to avoid that.

You do realize that Arpiao was re-elected shortly after the jury found him innocent, right?

Unfortunately for the Constitution and freedom loving people everywhere, you are right.

That should tell you something about the type of job he does if they overlooked the verdict.

It only tells me that maricopa county AZ has a very uninformed electorate.

A lot of the public criticism of the man comes from liberal rags who hate him.

That and the people who's constitutional rights he stomped all over.

Maybe you’re right…maybe this is a big hoax for publicity. I guess we’ll have to see how it shakes out and who is ultimately blamed.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." ~ George W. Bush

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Whoever did this, is a criminal, a coward, and working directly against the fight to rid this country of this evil human being. He needs to be voted out of office, not blown up.

I agree. I think the man has done some good things for example saving the residents of Maricopa county millions of dollars with 'tent city'. (I spent a couple days there in my youth and it was horrible.)

At the same time I have a big problem with his illegal raids on the Mexican community.

There is currently a push to impeach him but I doubt they will get enough signatures to even get it on the ballot, if you want him out sign the petition.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join