It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey: Al Qaida Planned to Bomb US Embassy, a Synagogue, and other Targets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
98% of Turks are Muslim. It is considered an 'Islamic country' even though the constitution is secular and they have no official state religion. The people of the country have been able to hold on to their faith and at the same time progress into the year 2013.
However, it looks like Islamic extremists are trying to ruin a good thing ...

Turkey: Al Qaida Planned to Bomb US Embassy, a Synagogue, and other Targets

Al-Qaida planned to bomb the U.S. Embassy in Turkey, as well as a synagogue and other targets, Turkish police said on Thursday. Authorities said a February raid on the houses of two al-Qaida cells led to the discovery of 50 pounds of plastic explosives with detonation systems attached, as well as six laptop computers and other evidence, The New York Times reports.

Twelve people — two Chechens, two Azeris and eight Turks — were arrested, the Times reports. According to the Times, forensic analysis of the computers and other documents showed plans for bomb attacks on the embassy in Ankara, the private Rahmi M. Koc Museum, and a synagogue in Istanbul.

But .. but .... wait .... Our Commander in Chief says that Al Qaeda has been decimated .. so how can this be?
Obama Touts Al Qaedas Demise 32 Times Since Benghazi Attack

Recently, on Nov. 1 in Green Bay, Wis., Obama said, “Thanks to sacrifice and service of our brave men and women in uniform, the war in Iraq is over, the war in Afghanistan is winding down, al Qaeda has been decimated, Osama bin Laden is dead.”

Side note - looks like Al Qaida is alive and well in Syria as well ...
Syrian rebels pledge loyalty to al-Qaeda

A Syrian rebel group's pledge of allegiance to al-Qaeda's replacement for Osama bin Laden suggests that the terrorist group's influence is not waning and that it may take a greater role in the Western-backed fight to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad.

So who is wrong ??
Are the news reports that Al Qaida is very much alive and well wrong?
Is Obama wrong when he says that Al Qaida is decimated?
They can't both be correct.

I hope Turkey can keep their secular rule of law and officially stay with 'no state religion'. Obviously it's the best way to operate a country in 2013. I hope that the extremists don't get a foot hold in that country and drag it backwards.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hmmm... is that the same "Al Qaida" that the Turks have been helping the US, UK, Saudis, Qataris etc funnel arms to across the border in Syria?

Now who do you think would have been blamed had those targets been blown up? Syria perhaps?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Yep, the good old Harlem shuffle. They say look left, then they move right.
Love how our government works.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....well....well you just don't do that. ~ George W.Bush

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Obama hasn’t solved a single problem in this country so why would anyone think he solved the global problem of terrorism?? The guy makes problems WORSE not better.

The situation in the ME has been getting worse since 2008 and it won't be long until the extremists control everything in that area of the world. Why wouldn't they?? Who is going to stop them?? Barack Hussein Obama??

new topics

top topics

join