A Claw from the Dark... Curiosity Sol 120

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Not a good job this time from NASA/JPL/NRO guys....Something is slipped out! Maybe too much work to erase the huge amount of anomalies that cames from the Rover day by day. In this image from PIA 16700Curiosity Sol 120 an incredible anomaly litterally comes out from the image: A Claw. At which kind of creature it belongs to? What was hide in the clearly doctorized telephoto?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

i normally don't see the objects most people see on the mars pictures but saying that it does surely look like the claw
btw i can't find it on the link but i will keep trying
edit on 12-4-2013 by darknewt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I would say yes a three fingered anomaly is present trying to show its "pimp hand" to the camera. Based on the evidence provided it somehow knew that the picture captured would present a good opportunity for photo bombing giving the appearance it was tearing the picture open. Good picture

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I've always wanted to say "wow, finally!" but when i saw the OP...i have to check my eyes again and yes it is shale or slate or whatever it is called except that i'm very sure it is not claws or part of any moving object.

Not trying to debunk but this is how see it.

edit on 12-4-2013 by marhaba because: image added
edit on 12-4-2013 by marhaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
A wider view from the left Mastcam shows it to be a rocky outcrop

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

~~~

The moral of this story: always go to mars.jpl.nasa.gov... and check the raw images.
edit on 12-4-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
A wider view from the left Mastcam shows it to be a rocky outcrop

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

~~~

The moral of this story: always go to mars.jpl.nasa.gov... and check the raw images.
edit on 12-4-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

Why do that, after all that would reduce the amount of threads that could be created

Originally posted by Arken
an incredible anomaly litterally comes out from the image: A Claw. At which kind of creature it belongs to? What was hide in the clearly doctorized telephoto?

So Arken WRONG yet again so what do you have to say about this one
edit on 12-4-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This is for all you ignorant folk that seem to get off on trashing Arken when he presents his case for life on Mars thru the mars pics:
Grow up and stop denying ignorance!
Yes, I think 100% of the pics can be explained by lighting/shadowing & photo digitizing, but Arken sees hat he says, who's to say he's incorrect?
Arken does his threads, presents his info carefully, then gives his conclusion, which is a lot more then what most of you all do with the info provided.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
This is for all you ignorant folk that seem to get off on trashing Arken when he presents his case for life on Mars thru the mars pics:
Yes, I think 100% of the pics can be explained by lighting/shadowing & photo digitizing, but Arken sees hat he says, who's to say he's incorrect?
Arken does his threads, presents his info carefully, then gives his conclusion, which is a lot more then what most of you all do with the info provided.

AGREED

well said star for you

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
In my eyes its just the distorted edge of a digital image of a rock.

To be honest there are better Mars anomaly pics around.

No disrespect Arken

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Not a good job this time from NASA/JPL/NRO guys....Something is slipped out! Maybe too much work to erase the huge amount of anomalies that cames from the Rover day by day.

Good to see you around again!

This time it's obviously nothing out of the ordinary, but next time you might be on to something once again. I enjoyed your introductory paragraph though ... very entertaining!

And needless to mention: I also think there's some really weird stuff in some of the other MSL images. Understandably, most people are not yet willing to acknowledge that up to this point. So all we can do is continue looking in order to find even better visual evidence ...

P.S.: And it's out there, it's in the stones, I've seen it!!
edit on 12-4-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

There is a difference between denying ignorance and supporting fantasies Arken may have an over active imagination but when caught out and shown to be wrong he doesn't tend to admit it I speak from experience

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Correct Sir. And well said to. How many people will thank Arken when something is found they cant hide. Arken your threads are great, And i for one thank you for them

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
reply to post by HomerinNC

Correct Sir. And well said to. How many people will thank Arken when something is found they cant hide. Arken your threads are great, And i for one thank you for them

See, your position is based on the assumption that NASA are hiding something. Not everybody thinks that. Besides, I don't find much value in someone saying "oh look, that looks like claws, and that looks like a rat, and that looks like a car" when there are real scientists looking at those images and using their expertise to identify what they see there.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

See, your position is based on the assumption that NASA are hiding something. Not everybody thinks that.

Besides, I don't find much value in someone saying "oh look, that looks like claws, and that looks like a rat, and that looks like a car" when there are real scientists looking at those images and using their expertise to identify what they see there.

I know you're always very reasonable in your posts and a quite sympathetic sceptic, Wildespace!

But I'd like to add my opinion, too: I think there is indeed value when people look through the images and highlight interesting things. Sometimes they do it for entertainment, sometimes for the fun of it, but sometimes also because there's really something odd in the terrain. And that's OK, I think ... unless - of course - you have too many of those obviously mega-zoomed images with absolutely zero detail.

So while NASA/JPL do their science (which is of course important) at the speed of science, I think it's also good to have some additional eyeballs on the images to check things out more in detail. Afterwards we can still compare to the 'official versions' ... and silently laugh about our own amateur evaluations. Or otherwise, work on the next huge conspiracy thread, I mean just in case NASA/JPL offer explanations that are obviously too far-out or misleading!
edit on 12-4-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

You're right of course, there have been quite a few discoveries by the members of the public (sometimes even school kids) looking at NASA's photos. www.space.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If this is turning into an "Appreciate Arken Thread" then I'd like to join in. Arken's threads have entertained me, and also some have been extremely interesting (Hugo, and the backbone, are both threads and discoveries that deserve a wider and appreciative audience). When he shows us rocks and names them claws, more power to him. Claws they are, if even for a moment. The hours he puts in, and the fun he brings to ATS, cannot be overlooked. Yay Arken! I can't photoshop, but if I did I'd do one of Hugo riding the backbone, with a roomful of clueless scientists daydreaming and looking the other way at nothing in particular.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
If this is turning into an "Appreciate Arken Thread" then I'd like to join in.r.

NOT quite, strange how quiet he has went since his OP was PROVED to be a wild exaggeration no post from Arken saying hands up I got it wrong , but like I said he never does that!

I mean if you are quick enough in creating threads like this you should have the nads to say that you were wrong.

new topics
top topics

join