It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists investigate water memory

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

New research from the Aerospace Institute of the University of Stuttgart in Germany supports the theory that water has a memory—a claim that could change our whole way of looking at the world.

odewire.com...

The university has found a method to make water droplets visible. They where surprised to see that water looked different depending on where it came from. The researchers all made different patterns in the water even though therer was no chemical difference.

The same happened when they infused a different flowers in water. The water formed different patterns. Homeopathy works on the principle that water has a memory and so do the Bach Flower Remedies.

Although different it reminds me of the work of the Japanese scientist Docter Emote who I am sure many of you have heard of. His work it a little bit of magic. He exposed music and words to water then frooze the water and observed the crystals. What he saw was beautiful. The water responded by growing different types of crystals. Below is a 3 minute video and it is well worth a watch.

The implications of water carrying water are diverse and profound. Water is what makes us up. What does it mean when we drink a glass of memories. Do those memories have an affect on us. Could we look at really old water and understand things we can no longer see. Does this make the oceans the brains of our planet....

Cross this with Emotos work and water becomes a living matrix that responds to emotion and environment too...To many cultures of old water was considered a sacred thing. Sometimes a bridge between our world and another. Maybe they where right.

edit on 12-4-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Fascinating subject. S&F.

I was aware of Emoto's work and found it highly interesting, now this!

It will be great to see where this leads and the implications for mankind.

A comparison between current water in Antarctica and that from lake Vostok could be an eye opener.

Hopefully we can learn enough to be able to decontaminate some of the Earths polluted waterways.

The implications to ecosystems could be fantastic!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I highly doubt it has anything to do with water having a "memory". If it's a real effect it most likely has it's roots in some sort of quantum observer effect where the consciousness of the person making the drops some how affects the way the water molecules behave on a quantum level. Notice how they said the pattern was different for different researchers but the same pattern for the same researchers.
edit on 12/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

edit on 12-4-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
water maintaining shapes is one thing.. linking them to moral ideas that have no basis in the material universe is another..

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Maybe it has got its roots in some sort of quantum observer effect as you say. But how does that negate it having a memory. The images show the water drops holding different patterns on them. The water droplets are holding patterns are information. Is this not a type of memory regardless of its origins.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

The images show the water drops holding different patterns on them. The water droplets are holding patterns are information. Is this not a type of memory regardless of its origins.

First I want to make one thing clearer... you say they "found a method to make water droplets visible". What this means is that they simply froze the droplets and examined the crystal ice structures right? If that's the case, what I am saying is... the ice structures turn out the way they do because of the influence the observer has on the water molecules at the quantum level. The structures aren't displaying something which was stored or memorized in the water, but rather the structures are being influenced into specific shapes by the observer.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Yes, so it has Quantum memory. Like our brain.

That's great, considering that we are around 70% water.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Yes, so it has Quantum memory.

That's not what I said.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
S&F op

Water is a living conscious entity. The same water has been here since the beginning, and it knows it is vital to life on this planet. It is everywhere, all the time, as either solid, liquid or gas (3 = trinity). It is Holy.

I posted a thread quite a while back about a wonderful experience I had regarding water, after I offered a prayer of thanks to it before taking a shower once. I had watched the Emoto video and thought it couldn't hurt to offer a prayer and see if it made any difference. What happened afterwards changed how I think about of life on this planet, different type of life that we are totally ignorant of.

I won't repeat my experience here, but if anyone is interested in reading about it, here it is:

My Thread

edit on 12-4-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

it has Quantum memory

That's not what I said.

No. I said that.

You just explained it, obviously without realising.

Think about it.

edit on 12/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: there is a reason for everything

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cartesia

Do you think that moral ideas have no place in the material universe.....

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Think about it.

I don't know, it seems to me like you need to re-read what I said and think about it more carefully.

The ice structures are being forced into specific shapes by the conscious observer because consciousness has an effect on quantum particles. The structures aren't being created from some sort of "water memory". Watch the video and listen to what they said... they said each person was given water from the exact same source. If that source water came from the same place then why did each person get a different pattern, and why was the pattern always the same for the same person? Because the consciousness of each individual was creating their own unique patterns in the water. Patterns which came from the individual observers and not from the water.

EDIT: and once that ice melted the structure/information would melt away and it wouldn't be "remembered" by the water. Another observer could come along and do the same thing using the exact same water and they would get a different pattern which was created by their own consciousness. It's an expression of the observers consciousness manifesting its self as structure in the water.
edit on 12/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Because the consciousness of each individual was creating their own patterns in the water.

Yes. conciousness condenses the energy in the water,
then we see the individual patterns in each sample.
At the nano or quantum scale, geometry is as important as chemistry.
The water aligns itself geometrically and stores that information.
Quantum Memory.

EDIT: and once that ice melted the structure/information would melt away and it wouldn't be "remembered" by the water. Another observer could come along and do the same thing using the exact same water and they would get a different pattern which was created by their own consciousness. It's an expression of the observers consciousness manifesting its self as structure in the water.

Exactly.

Turn off your electricity suddenly and see how much Information is still stored on your RAM memory.

None? Like the ice melting. But it can be rewritten.
How long does something have to store information before you call it memory?

edit on 12/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: memory

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

The water aligns itself geometrically and stores that information.

Read my edit. The information is not stored in the structure of the water indefinitely. Water has no "memory".

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but this is just bull.
They are looking at bodies of water, not MOLECULES of water. So the microscopic image they are creating is from a drop of water, and these will behave and appear differently under a microscope depending on the level of light in the room, the temperature of the water, the surface of the glass they are sandwiched between, the time of day, the temp of the room...

This is being presented by evangelical Homeopathists (sp?), and that is clear. But they are deliberately not explaining the actual process or explaining the controls (or lack of controls) their testing involved.

I know some here are not going to understand this, but there is nothing remarkable about putting a drop of water under a microscope and seeing something, and there is nothing unusual about seeing a different drop of water appear differently.

This is a very misleading video, and any scientist worth their salt would agree.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I did.
And added to my reply.

Here's more

Memory does not have to be permanent, only stable under certain conditions.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Ok fine, it's a "short term memory". Then again I could nibble a potato chip/crisp into the shape of a heart and say "look my chip has a short term memory because it's staying like that".

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Very cool. Somewhere, maybe on ATS, I read a theory about water, particularly the ocean, being a lifeform unto itself.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Read your OP from your link and that sounds like quite the experience!

Just wondering if you have managed to evoke that same thing again?

edit on 12-4-2013 by Timely because: left out a whole word ... dah!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join