How do we Know it's a Missile 'TEST'?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hi all,

somethings been bugging me all week about this whole North Korea situation. I just wanted to get it off my chest to get ATS readers opinions about it.

OK, so up until the start of this week, all we heard on MSM was how North Korea were going to launch a full scale Nuclear Assault without warning....then this week, MSM is suddenly reporting about an upcoming Missile 'TEST', which has now changed to 'Multiple Missiles' on some MSM sites.

Questions

1/ How do we know its a Missile Test, and not a full on Missile Launch at enemy targets?
2/ What is the difference between a missile test launch and a real launch?

Sorry if this thread seems silly, but its really been bugging me all week as i'm really feeling like theres something fishy about the changes in media stance over the past 2 weeks.

Thoughts?

edit on 12-4-2013 by grantbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

no its not silly ive had the same thoughts all the threats of a nuclear strike and now back to missile tests something not right

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Simply put because NK tells us it is a test. All nations tend to tell their neighbors when they are launching things like satellites and astronauts into orbit so we do not scare them and so they don't shoot it down which could start a war.

It is a test until it explodes in your face and even then it may be a malfunction. You just ahve to take their word for it just as everybody else takes the word of their neighbors.

Welcome to the world of steel nerves.

P

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Yep, I've been pondering this too. The only explanation I can think of is that because the Musadan missiles haven't been tested as far as we know, any launch can technically be classed as a 'test' by the governments and media to keep fear levels down. This is despite the fact that a US congressman has stated that they 'may' have the capability to fire ballistic missiles loaded with a nuclear warhead AND a report by NK that they have entered the co-ordinates for targets (I read this yesterday although can't remember where).

On Thursday, a US Congressman read out what he said was an unclassified section of a Defense Intelligence Agency study. He said it assessed "with moderate confidence" that the North could fire a nuclear-armed missile, though with "low reliability".

I think because any missile will likely be shot down shortly after launch or ditch in the sea as usual, they can call it a 'test' so as not to alarm or give Kim the satisfaction of knowing he has achieved his goal of fear amongst the enemy.
edit on 12-4-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
Hi all,

somethings been bugging me all week about this whole North Korea situation. I just wanted to get it off my chest to get ATS readers opinions about it.

OK, so up until the start of this week, all we heard on MSM was how North Korea were going to launch a full scale Nuclear Assault without warning....then this week, MSM is suddenly reporting about an upcoming Missile 'TEST', which has now changed to 'Multiple Missiles' on some MSM sites.

Questions

1/ How do we know its a Missile Test, and not a full on Missile Launch at enemy targets?

Sorry if this thread seems silly, but its really been bugging me all week as i'm really feeling like theres something fishy about the changes in media stance over the past 2 weeks.

Thoughts?

How do we even know there is even going to be a test. It may be nothing more than just a claim by THPTB, remember GW bush's axis of evil? It included NK.

NK knows they will be get blown away and inany conflict because they have bugger all resources to sustain any war. How do know the whole thing is nothing more than a claim by the powers that be.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Questions

Thoughts?

Its all down to the clipboards.

If the people firing the missile have big hats and binoculars, run, it's a launch.
If they are wearing white coats and have clipboards, relax, it's a test.

Sorry for being flippant, but the truth is there is no sure way to know.
In the current climate in the Korean peninnsula, best to assume the worst.

That's why in this situation conducting a test would be very dangerous.
And it's not a silly question at all, it's one that everyone hopes will not have to be answered.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
You're kidding right?

Why is ATS being dumbed down this year?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Because they've had tests before, are entitled to 'test' one, and they are posturing again... as the NK's do. Duh.

Once again ATS, why has the intelligence in ATS posts dropped this year?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Because they've had tests before, are entitled to 'test' one, and they are posturing again... as the NK's do. Duh.

wow, you totally miss the point of the thread

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

I've been wondering the same questions as the OP, and since you acted like the answer is so evident I expected you to be able to explain.

The difference between a missile test launch and a deliberate missile launch on enemy targets is

Because they've had tests before, are entitled to 'test' one, and they are posturing again... as the NK's do

????
Drunk posting is never a good idea.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

What concerns me (and I believe most everyone else) is the long range capabilities of North Korea.

Here is an interesting article I found.

gizmodo.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

What does it matter? The second it crosses into SK or Japanese airspace, given the threats NK has made, either nation is well within their rights to shoot it down....test or no test.

To the above:

What concerns me (and I believe most everyone else) is the long range capabilities of North Korea.

Here is an interesting article I found.

Even scarier when you consider that Pentagon report the other day (if it's accurate). The weaponization is the real hurdle...if that has been achieved, then they suddenly pose a more realistic threat. Of course, this "information" may be just as good as Iraq having WMD's, for all we know.

(Of course, Iraq did have them....but they also had 2 months to move and hide them...
)
edit on 12-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

NK knows they will be get blown away and inany conflict because they have bugger all resources to sustain any war.
reply to post by learnatic

That is kind of "ify". The population of NoKo thinks Dear Leader destroyed its "NoKo" enemy's by him self so, they might just think they can pull it of. When dealing with a cult of personality you just never know what will happen. .

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by leftfielder

Even a cult of personality tends to lose it's resolve when it hears bombs dropping 24/7.....

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by leftfielder

Even a cult of personality tends to lose it's resolve when it hears bombs dropping 24/7.....

True, but if "Big if" the population thinks its "The be all end all" and can defeat anyone then thats a horse of another color.

Edit to add
I try to wrap my mind around Noko way of thinking but it is not easy with a culture such as theirs. It has been isolated from the world by their and others doings for so long who knows what will come next.

edit on 12-4-2013 by leftfielder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Well... I think it's going to be pretty simple to tell the difference. If 1 missile launches? It's a test. Even Kim isn't THAT stuffed full of Hubris. He may have his population believing he's Divine by Birthright or something but HE can't honestly be that far gone to believe his own state media nonsense. That's what it would have to be if he fired ONE ..that was real. I'd call it U.S. Navy 1, DPRK -0 and about to go into sudden death overtime where those points really count.

If a few hundred come out of hidey holes the "experts" are left saying "Doh?! where did those come from??", then we can all safely assume he's trying to overload and tap out the Aegis systems for whatever launches next.

See? We'll know in seconds.
(Not that knowing may bring any comfort if it's the wrong news)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thats a good point! They would be silly to launch just 1 Missile at an allied target, would be better to launch everything as fast as possible.

Saying that, I think they would be silly no matter what they do. North Korea will be wiped off the map if they tried anything.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yes, but if I was a NK general, I'd go all out, right out of the gate.

1) Overload my targets' defenses with tons of artillery fire and missiles (non-nuclear only). This would kill thousands in SK and Japan.
2) Roll over the DMZ (using artillery to clear sections of the minefield) with tanks and use tunnels to invade SK.
3) Use Naval special forces to invade from the sea.
4) Get ALL of my older air force in the air with the sole goal of taking out US carrier group ships and a carrier.
5) Use my newer planes to try and destroy SK runways and planes on the ground.
6. Use subs to try and take out outlying carrier group ships.

Quickly call for unilateral talks (as I run out of fuel and ammo) and try to hold on to as much of SK as possible in any ensuing agreements.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Yes, but if I was a NK general, I'd go all out, right out of the gate.

1) Overload my targets' defenses with tons of artillery fire and missiles (non-nuclear only). This would kill thousands in SK and Japan.
2) Roll over the DMZ (using artillery to clear sections of the minefield) with tanks and use tunnels to invade SK.
3) Use Naval special forces to invade from the sea.
4) Get ALL of my older air force in the air with the sole goal of taking out US carrier group ships and a carrier.
5) Use my newer planes to try and destroy SK runways and planes on the ground.
6. Use subs to try and take out outlying carrier group ships.

Quickly call for unilateral talks (as I run out of fuel and ammo) and try to hold on to as much of SK as possible in any ensuing agreements.

7. US and SK say "no".

8. US Marines land and march towards Pyongyang with the DPRK army stuck somewhere without communications, ammunition and fuel and being bombarded with A-10, F18D and F15E continuously.
edit on 16-4-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)
edit on 16-4-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes, I agree, it's the only shot they will have at maximum damage in a minimun timeframe. Then they get wasted.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join