It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help, DMCA Takedown Notice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MidKnight

vpweb.com is their shared hosting domain.

But how do you know that's true? Just because vpweb.com makes that claim doesn't mean it's true.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidKnight
Actually Vistaprint now hosts websites. started a couple of years ago. vpweb.com is their shared hosting domain. Without the domain name of the offender, the investigation can not continue.

Now having said that you have a solution. Follow the link below -

Vistaprint - Reporting Copyright Infringement

Ha, excellent. I wouldn't have even known to LOOK FOR this information.

Bookmarking and waiting a few hours, in case other information pops up. If I don't learn anything new which changes my mind, I will be filing against them for copyright infringement in the next 12 hours.

So far, I have just filed with Google. I can Google-prove infringement as I used the same email address to complain as I use for my Amazon account. Which has an email in it saying "Congratulations, you have published (title) with (Amazon blah blah). So glad that I saved that, as it will prove without a doubt, I published first.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

vpweb.com is their shared hosting domain.

But how do you know that's true? Just because vpweb.com makes that claim doesn't mean it's true.

do a google search of vpweb.com you will find that it has several subdomains. The users domain name will then point to the subdomain. i.e.- something.com would point to something.vpweb.com

also vpweb.com redirects to their Vistaprints blog.

whois on vpweb.com
Registrant:
VistaPrint Technologies Ltd (VISTA11983)
Cedar House
41 Cedar Ave
Hamilton, , HM12
BM

Domain name: vpweb.com

Technical contact:
Administrator, Domain (DA422891)
NetNames Hostmaster
3rd Floor Prospero House
241 Borough High Street
Borough, London, SE1 1GA
GB
[email protected]
+44.2070159370 Fax: +44.2070159375

Administrative contact:
Administrator, Domain (DA05279)
VistaPrint Technologies Ltd
Cedar House
41 Cedar Ave
Hamilton, HM12
BM
[email protected]
+1.7818908434 Fax: +1.7818908437

Record created: 2010-10-14 10:32:32
Record last updated: 2011-10-31 02:58:56
Record expires: 2013-04-27 00:00:00

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.vpweb.com (NS1VP57144)
ns2.vpweb.com (NS2VP10002)

Domain owned by Vistaprint

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Ok yes it does appear to be legitimate as it appears on the main VistaPrint website. It looks like the OP should be able to take action if he/she submits that copyright form.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by charles1952
First and most important, THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. I'm not licensed in your state. It's just some stuff that is interesting and is just a beginning. IT IS NOT THOROUGH OR COMPLETE AND I'M NOT OFFERING ANY CONCLUSIONS.

What a joke seriously.

Anyone has the human right to give legal advice to anyone as they see fit.

And he did give his advice. But I doubt in a court of law Op can say "Your honour, I was advise by a guy on the internet that .." and not have the judge break out in hysterical laughter as he mutters "Please tell me more as I bring the gavel down."

We can offer it, but the onus on the OP has to be explicit before s/he can use it in a Legal sense, because only they will suffer the consequences if they do something that lands them in court.

Don't give me this 'only licensed lawyers can practice law' garbage. That's for the totalitarian fascist scum.

I CAN GIVE ANYONE LEGAL ADVICE AT ANY TIME I WANT 100% LEGITIMATELY BY LAW.
I DO NOT NEED A LICENSE!
edit on 12-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

And I can give satanic mass on sundays but it doesn't make it legit.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

And I can give satanic mass on sundays but it doesn't make it legit.

Right because traditionally it's more appropriate to hold black mass on the witches' sabbath, which is Fri-Sat.

In the case of me giving legal advice however, it is legit because I know what I am talking about, use official sources, and can translate legalese into layman's terminology with ease.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The reason I put in those disclaimers is that I didn't want to break laws about practicing law in a state where I don't have a license. I didn't want anyone to think I was advising a client, or acting as an attorney. Maybe I'm over sensitive to the issue, but better safe . . . .

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Well op, just stopped in to see how its going, I am not on my other comp so don't have the bookmarks from my searches last night, so cant check the sites out, how did it turn out?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I'm still in "pending" status on my complaint with Google. On the one hand, I'm like "HURRY UP" but on the other hand, I'm grateful Google even allows me to see any status, as opposed to if I was just left in limbo not knowing.

I have found out more private info about the web owner. Which probably isn't good for legal results, but I like to have it.

My next step is complaining to Vistaprint.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Just checkin in to see how your doing with this.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

Please, talk to me like I'm five years old, the biggest idiot you ever talked to. That's me.

HOLY SMOKES? Are we related? lol I basically just posted that same thing to another member in another thread!

I am so computer illiterate. I wish I could help. I will just hope you get the answer you need to resolve this.

Good luck soul sista or brotha!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidKnight
Just checkin in to see how your doing with this.

Unbelievably, I am STILL stuck pending with my copyright notice to Google. I decided the main thing I cared about was the website showing in search results, and started there.

So I Googled how long does it take Google to respond to a takedown notice -that was fun- and apparently their average is 6 hours. I filed roughly 5 days ago, so I'm well outside the average...

The only thing I can think is that most takedown notices would be a webpage (original) versus a webpage (the thieving one) and that Google uses bots or crawlers or whatever to determine if the content is the same, and who had the information posted first, and things get done automatically. Because I am accusing a webpage of using content inside of book, my request might need an actual person to view it.

But that's a total guess on my part. In fact, if anyone has anything to add to that, please do. I would appreciate it. My current plan, which is fairly worthless since I suck at this, is to give them 7 days, then try filing a different way. Currently I'm filed ONE complaint versus FIVE infringements. I could submit again five complaints against five infringements.

It's very frustrating.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Well I hope the best for you.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Perhaps you could have Amazon go after the website for you. Tell them the situation and see if they will get it removed. (More of a last choice effort)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join