It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to Build Robots With ‘Real’ Brains

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

The holographic universe theory has nothing to do with AI computers.

And it's not evidence either.

"Check wikipedia"

????

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I am very sceptical about these news.

If that was true, every science portal in Internet would be screaming these news, as this is extreme advance in AI and robotics. I had a look in different studies, news published recently and as far as I see, there are no remarkable discoveries made recently in either AI or robotics, besides building a couple of more advanced movement robots.

Having a degree in robotics, working in a company, which works at robots, I consider myself have quite some knowledge on the current stand in these fields. . It would mean leaping decades ahead without having any previous knowledge. We do not understand how brain works, we do not understand consciousness etc.It is a step-by-step process and this would mean leaping thousands of steps forward. It is like starting math with differential equations without having any previous knowledge on even addition/substraction. Or building the first computer in the world, without having any knowledge in logic, math or electricity.

“Of course if it’s used for combat, it would be killing civilians as well as it’s not going to be able to discriminate between civilians and soldiers,

That sentence is something no sane scientist would say, especially government-funded as it would create chaos when reaching media.

My bet is on the April Fools joke.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by tetra50
reply to post by Danbones

Some would say we have been living a matrix of an AI quantum computer for quite some time....and there is quite a bit of science evidence to support that.

None at all.

Educate me?

Please re read the entire post you refer to where I first mention the Holographic Universe. You will find I mention many other things to go along with that: ie, the Burroughs Corp, and its history. Even its ownership, and changes of ownership, which would eventually become IBM, and have very close links with research done at a certain pivotal point in history with Bell Laboratories R&D.... Then Marshal McLuhan. I admit that these topics may seem topically unrelated. Burroughs built one of the first computational devices, the adding machine. Even its location in St. Louis, home of the arch has some implications, if only symbolic in nature, but I doubt that.
Burroughs was also one of the first corporations to build a major mainframe capable of the most sophisticated computations at a certain period. It was also one of the first, if not the first, privately held company to begin contracting with the pentagon and the DOD to launch satellites, research sonar capacities with the Navy and its fleets of submarines, and a plethora of other interesting scientific "progressions," long before Star Wars nonsense was talked openly about in public by Reagan. That was long ago in place. And Burroughs was a huge part of that early on.
Then we come to electromagnetic research, sensors installed worldwide within the planet, always for tangential reasons such as seismic activity, weather research, volcano activity, etc., but there was a discernible undercurrent of other research being applied here, under the radar, so to speak, literally and figuratively. Surely, you do accept that once it is discussed publicly, scientific advancements, it has long been in place and likely operational already. Perhaps you don't. I don't know.
Then we get to Maroon Bowsprit, Gwen Towers, and other names for other arrays, which I'm sure many will come along to say were just monitoring of certain simple things, like maybe airline traffic patterns.

I could go on and would be happy to, but I am very tired at the moment and in some significant physical pain, and don't do my best thinking, nor presenting, nor logicating (myown word invention of the moment) to present my best case, so I can't go beyond that for now. If you look hard into the Burroughs Corp, you will eventually find a pic of thier massive mainframe circa 1962 or so--which interestingly, is where the company's published online history ends.....you will also find in that pic of the mainframe, the part of it that can fit in one pic frame, a picture on the office wall of a tree devoid of leaves, symbolic of the tree of life, in this case.

I know your posts, skepticism, and ideology from reading your posts that you will likely think I read far too much into that, but I do have some personal knowledge of these issues, though I am not free to share that, sorry. There has also been for quite some time a great deal of pressure on scientists to follow a prescribed and directed doctrine, and plenty of evidence of that, as well. They have the strange plague of dying at interesting times, especially related to their respective fields of research and the politics of those times.
And yes, I am sure you have figured out by now that I would be one to tie this into MK related topics and all those project offshoots...right along with Monarch programming, which isn't quite the same as the Ultra project, but tangentially related, and ultimately all the same goals.

That's as much as I can say right now, as I'm not even typing well right now due to the need for sleep, and hopefully I will be able to get some this night, unlike t he past several. Feel free to U2U me, and/or check out some of my mediocre threads, which haven't quite achieved how I eventually plan to source and put it all together, but haven't had the time yet to do that.

Please forgive if I fall short of your superior intellectual capacities, that is, in asking for me to educate you. And I mean no sarcasm, for I am reminded with humility on a daily basis of the more I know and remember, the less I probably know at all. However, I must have some faith in my research, life experience and conclusions to continue to live out the next day.
Tetra
edit on 12-4-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Yeah, and Wikipedia, though useful in many ways, is only as good as the sources it is using, so that must also be considered. If what I allege were true, it wouldn't be something we could put together as easily as a few Wikipedia pages.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I want a robot with a human brain visible under a glass dome.

Here you go!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

TMNT heck tea

top topics

<< 1   >>

join