It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westall Sightings 1966

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
A radio interview with one of the then schoolchildren in Melbourne Australia, who witnessed this event. She talks about a school teacher who took photos of the craft and later had her camera confiscated. The program also talks about a playground that is to be built to commemorate the sighting, so good to see it is obviously accepted as fact by so many people!

Radio Interview
edit on 11-4-2013 by annella because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2013 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
A good thread from abovetopsecret on this case. There are many others also, all excellent!

abovetopsecret thread on Westall Incident

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
For those who are unfamiliar:

S&F.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

Is this the case where a vehicles headlights curved towards some object? Thats some singular strong field to accomplish that. Who would make up something like that?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes, this is that incident. I agree, it is such an important and defining detail.

This is one of my favourites...and because I'm only a state away and have many family members who remember hearing about it at the time it is far more real to me than any other incident I have read about.

What's so interesting is that when I bring it up all the older generation get excited like little kids talking about when they heard about it.It's like it takes them back to those few days in High school when something only a state away happened in Melbourne, modern suburbia.

We are not alone.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My maternal grandparents were a witness to this ufo.

Nan has only once mentioned to me that she witnessed the ufo and delivered the surprising news in a very matter-of-fact manner. From memory, our conversation occurred some 5 or 6 years ago and was prompted by the fact that the Westall incident had made mention in the (local?) news media at the time.

According to my Nan, she and my Grandad were travelling in their car down Clayton Road (in Clayton, Victoria) sometime during that 'late morning' and both viewed the object through the windshield as it passed over the road. Apparently, it was 'not all that far' ahead of them and was travelling at a height she approximated as 'maybe 150 feet' at a relatively 'low speed'.

She recalls the object as being 'bigger than a car', 'silvery grey' and 'just like a flying saucer'. When I asked what she meant by 'like a flying saucer' she gave me a look as if thinking, "My grandson is an imbecile", and added that it looked like 'two deep saucers stuck together, one upside down on top off the other' and that it passed over Clayton Road 'as plain as day'.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

What's so interesting is that when I bring it up all the older generation get excited like little kids talking about when they heard about it.It's like it takes them back to those few days in High school when something only a state away happened in Melbourne, modern suburbia.

That is exactly how I feel about the time I saw one with friends. It was so long ago. But if I could find them now, I know it would be the same thing. Total excitement. A high water mark. Never forget it.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It is sightings like these that keeps me from being completely dismissive of the whole UFO situation. I'm not sure if what these kids and adults saw that day was, in fact, an Alien Craft, but it defiantly wasn't tech the general public has been able to see. Not all eye-witness accounts are accurate or substantial, but this isn't one of those cases. Perhaps, my all-time favorite UFO sightings, because it has (1) consistency among the witnesses, (2) multiple witnesses, (3) and lacks questionable side-stories and crazy rhetoric that makes any sighting questionable to the critical observer/listener. You just can't fake this.
edit on 12-4-2013 by ForwardDrift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

Fascinating case and not the only one involving sightings and CE3s at schools:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

Hi, just posted this link on another similar thread. Thought it was interesting.

www.theage.com.au...

Bally

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Is this the case where a vehicles headlights curved towards some object? Thats some singular strong field to accomplish that. Who would make up something like that?

No that is the Bourkes Flat UFO Case

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
For anyone interested in this case, I can recommend the facebook page linked below. Witness's talk about the sightings, and there is much worthwhile info there.I will also tell admin that there are many threads on the case to be found here at ATS.

Facebook page on Westall Incident
edit on 15-4-2013 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardfelt

Hardfelt,

Shane Ryan from Canberra here.

Do you think I might be able to have a chat to your grandparents about what they saw that day on Clayton Road? Would I be able to contact them (or them me) via email or phone?

As part of my research I have heard from several others who saw the flying saucer that day in Clayton and Clayton North, as it travelled in a southerly direction towards Westall. It would be great to add their accounts too.

Regards,

Shane.

www.westall66ufo.com.au
www.facebook.com...
tech.groups.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hi

Australian researchers Keith Basterfield and Paul Dean, recently found a new file in the National Archives of Australia which may have a bearing on the Westall case.

Keith has reported on this in a post on his blog at

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com.au...

This involves a radar observation of a UFO in Melbourne, three days before Westall.

Well worth a read.

If you wish to communicate with Keith, email him at [email protected]

top topics

join