It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of wasps discovered in gigantic 21-foot nest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Nice.... Now for the rest of the day...

Thanks for that.
That is crazy and makes you wonder how much bigger it could actually get if left alone.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I had some of those big black jointed hornets pollinating my tomatos and cucumber plants a few years back when there wasn't a bee around. I got a lot of tomatoes that year, some plants had seventy cherry tomatoes to a stalk. I had over three hundred cherry tomatoes on many bushes and I had up to thirty regular tomatoes on most of the other plants.....Too many to ripen though. Wasps can pollinate things, so can ants. When ants pollinated the apple trees the apples were distorted though but they were apples. I see those button apples out in the old apple orchards once in a while...possibly ant pollination? Bees and hornets seem to pollinate the best. I try not to kill wasps if I don't have to, they are part of nature.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Nature is amazing
they should transport them to a safe location miles away from human destroyers

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Forgoten_Whisper

Id hate to see what would happen if someone ticked of the wasps and they started swarming.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
Nature is amazing
they should transport them to a safe location miles away from human destroyers

Sure ... Are you saying you're up for the job? By all means get in there and move that thing out to a safe location away from people.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
geh! i'm like a leaf-munching, tree-hugging nature child and all that but when it comes to wasps you just have to throw ethics out of the window and kill the f'ers

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the detailed descriptive visual, OP.

*itch itch scratch scratch*

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join