It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just discovered the next Einstein discovery.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by NorEaster
Why NOW exists.

Have you ever managed to peel yourself away from the present happening?
The present happening is what is happening - nothing else is happening.
This is it.

Now exists, it appears as this.
There is no 'why' to 'this' - it is the great mystery. It cannot be solved, it IS already, it is not a puzzle - it is wondrous art, totally mind blowing.
If you are trying to solve the puzzle then you have not realized the mystery.
edit on 13-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

um.....I just solved the WHY.You're not paying attention. It's not a great mystery. Not anymore.

Okay, maybe it is to you, but not to anyone who's available to new information.

You're free to personify whatever you want to personify. To engage in creative anthropomorphism until you make the arts and humanities girls swoon, but all you're doing is making stuff up. You're not providing any knowledge or definition to this specific inquiry. You're just trying to shut any inquiry down with centuries old ignorance.

Do you really think that I waste my time on hashed over crap that any physics or philosophy grad student could toss out during debate class? Hell, you have no idea what happening right in front of you.

It's really amazing to realize just how absolutely stranded the human mind can be. Especially the humans here on Earth. It's almost exhilarating when you encounter it up close.

edit on 4/13/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Why NOW exists.

This is it.

There is no 'why' to 'this' - it is the great mystery. It cannot be solved, it IS already, it is not a puzzle - it is wondrous art, totally mind blowing.

um.....I just solved the WHY.You're not paying attention. It's not a great mystery. Not anymore.

Do you really think that I waste my time on hashed over crap that any physics or philosophy grad student could toss out during debate class? Hell, you have no idea what happening right in front of you.

It's really amazing to realize just how absolutely stranded the human mind can be. Especially the humans here on Earth. It's almost exhilarating when you encounter it up close.

This is it.

Answer the question - if you are such a great thinker you would look at the question and contemplate it. The mind will not like it because it will blow your 'theories' out the window - but do you want the mind denying you the truth?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

NOW is a quantized indivisible instant that is replaced by the next quantized indivisible instant of NOW. And it goes on and on and on.

Can you tell me how long now is?
Is there any edges or boundaries to now?
How many now's have you known?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Why NOW exists.

This is it.

This is it.

Answer the question - if you are such a great thinker you would look at the question and contemplate it. The mind will not like it because it will blow your 'theories' out the window - but do you want the mind denying you the truth?

No one can "peel" themselves away from the present, but that doesn't mean a damn thing. Not anything at all. You don't understand that it doesn't mean anything, but that doesn't mean that it actually means anything. It just means that you don't understand that it doesn't mean anything, and that's all it means.

The present IS happening, and that's all that's happening, but so what? That's only 1/2 of the physical existence that is contained within each quantum instant of NOW. There's also the half that consists of the residual impact of all previous instances of NOW, and without all of that, each instant of NOW would be a complete chaos of - well - nothing at all. Hell, there wouldn't even be a 2nd NOW to follow on the heels of the 1st NOW.

Christ, you have no clue at all about what anything is or why anything is what it is or does what it does. You have your weird little mantra and that's it for you. I wrote a poem years ago about a guy like you. It's really kind of cute, and kind of sad in its own way. Here, let me share it with you so that you can see how it is that I view your extremely disciplined devotion to that simple talking point that you've hammered us with for such a long time.

I don't expect you to "get" this either.

Pigstick and Longneck Johnny

Rising above the noise and the confusion
and giving him a balanced comfort.
Pigstick and Longneck Johnny,
over and over, the mantra,
It was the center of his thoughts.

Pigstick and Longneck Johnny.
That was all there ever was for him.
All he knew and all that mattered.
That was all he had.

The summer, steaming up the streets
His layers not the best choice
For taking on the brutal heat
but Pigstick and Longneck Johnny
it wasn’t about the weather.
It wasn’t about heat.
It wasn’t about fashion
or what’s what on the street.

It was about what’s rolling on
And on inside his head
and since that was true,
was what was happening in spite of what was pushing in.
There wasn’t no heat in this view of things.
Nothing to dress for
Or to undress for.
Just Pigstick and Longneck Johnny
And nothing getting in the way

“What’s the good word, Pete?”
came the call to his ears
as a blast of quick gibberish
rising just above the din.

“Pigshtick ‘n Loooongneck Johnny!”
Pete burped with firm resolve,
To feel the cool relief
that just those words alone
could be when barked aloud
Like firing off a sneeze
that had been building up and building up
since the moment that he’d woken up
deep in the park, alone.

“Pigshtick and Loooongneck Johnny!!!”
he barked out once again,
reveling in the pleasure of that feeling of release
if only for a moment,
of the grueling bitter work
of holding tightly onto
and keeping it properly
nuanced, examined,
and phrased, spelled and visualized
endlessly looping in devoted adherence
to what had always been his
for the whole of his recall.

He walked on as he fought to focus his mind on
As the world carried on in its drone around him,
its muddle of images,
its smells and its sounds.
So foreign and distant.
Confused. Formless, instant…
hopelessly instant and beyond inconsistent.

He had Pigstick and Longneck Johnny.

Pigstick and Looongneck Johnny.
Pigstick ‘n Longneck Johnny.

It was endless and eternal.
And it was home and he, contented.

“Hey Pete! What’s the word!”
“Pigshtick and Loooongneck Johnny!”
Pete, smiling as he spun
as somewhere deep beneath that need
gurgling up from underneath
that joy of service to his creed
another happy day.

edit on 4/13/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Hmmm, can we agree that there is no awareness without consciousness or thought? If there is no thought, then we can't be aware of our own existence, or of the existence of anything in the universe.

So, what is 'thought'? Isn't it a stream of chemicals flowing through the synaptic gaps of the brain? Aren't these chemicals made up of atoms? In order for atoms to create the chemicals that create thought and awareness, they must be there BEFORE thought and awareness.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

NOW is a quantized indivisible instant that is replaced by the next quantized indivisible instant of NOW. And it goes on and on and on.

Can you tell me how long now is?
Is there any edges or boundaries to now?
How many now's have you known?

NOW is quantized as the Unit Rate of Change, and because we're all quantized as ongoing event trajectories (matrixed trajectories, I might add) we're not ever going to be able to measure the span of these indivisible quantized units. So, your question cannot be answered, but that doesn't mean anything either. The quantization of physical reality still does exist, and this is all that quantum physics has ever actually concretely verified.

Then again, that was enough.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Hmmm, can we agree that there is no awareness without consciousness or thought? If there is no thought, then we can't be aware of our own existence, or of the existence of anything in the universe.

So, what is 'thought'? Isn't it a stream of chemicals flowing through the synaptic gaps of the brain? Aren't these chemicals made up of atoms? In order for atoms to create the chemicals that create thought and awareness, they must be there BEFORE thought and awareness.

Actually, there is published, responsible thought that suggests that awareness (consciousness) is an emergent system that is caused by the synaptic activity that you describe, but that as an emergent system, it maintains its own physical existence separate and isolated from the contributing activity confluence that brings it into existence once it has emerged. It's pretty new stuff, but I've waded in on it, and found it to be pretty compelling work.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

This right here and right now is what is happening - it is all there is but you believe thought when it says there is more than this. You believe it so much that you tell me about a second and third now!
Then you can make ideas and theories based on your assumption. You can tell stories about the 'now that was before' and the 'now that is to come'. This belief in other now's give rise to the 'idea' of time and a 'me in time'. The 'me' in time does not exist. Nothing exists outside of presence.

This is presence the only 'time' there is. Out of this presence arise ideas of 'other' but they will only ever be 'ideas' never reality - the ideas arise in reality and subside - the ideas arise in 'presence'.
What is happening presently is nothing appearing as form.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Awareness has to be present for any 'thing' to be.
Awareness is the no thingness that is aware of 'thingness'.
Presently there is an appearance and that appearance has to appear on something - but the thing it appears on is not a thing. It appears in presence as presence. The father and son are one.
The father is awareness and unless the father IS then there can be no image (the son).

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by singerbaby0120
[co=Pink]Text PinkTextTextreply to post by smithjustinb

Hello!!!
okay I'm not sure I follow what your saying can you explain it better to me please

Awareness is the only thing that never changes throughout time and space. It never moves. Light speed, unimpeded, never changes. Of course, speed equals distance divided by time. What is peculiar about light is that even if an object which is occupied by awareness were to observe light while it was also travelling at light speed, the light would still be moving at the same speed as it always does. Normal objects would appear to be standing still next to someone going its same speed, but light will change its speed to you because you changed yours.

Awareness is just as peculiar as light. Even if your body is in motion, you can point to your awareness, your self, and say you are here and now. So awareness is to matter as light is to spacetime. Here's the scientific discovery for the history books of that analogy. Matter is light. Matter is a condensed form of light. Therefore, awareness is spacetime. Awareness is a condensed form of spacetime. Awareness is probably gravity.

edit on 13-4-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: Actually...the speed of light has been shown to not be constant...as once thought.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Thought is 'thingness'. What is aware that there is 'thought'?
Thoughts are an appearance but they cannot appear if nothing sees them.
Thought can stop but can the light be stopped - light is appearing as sound and vision - can it be stopped? Seeing and hearing are happening - no thought is required to see or hear.

In deep sleep there is no thought but there is awareness - if there was not awareness in deep sleep then alarm clocks would be useless. In deep sleep there are no 'things' appearing - no separate anything. On waking the image that is seen is still not separate from what you are. Then words arise and belief in other happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join