It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elysium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen. I was just on YouTube when I saw this AWESOME TRAILER! for a new scifi movie.

Science fiction is my favorite genre for movies. I can find any science fiction film to be incredible. Despite if the acting is bad or the plot is not great. However, I'm looking forward to this movie. Here is a summary on the film plot.

In the year 2154, the very wealthy live on Elysium – a Stanford torus space habitat in Earth orbit – while the rest live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. The people of Earth are desperate to escape the planet’s crime and poverty, and they critically need the state-of-the-art medical care available on Elysium – but some in Elysium will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve their citizens’ luxurious lifestyle. The only one with the chance to bring equality to these worlds is Max Da Costa, an ordinary man in desperate need to get to Elysium. With his life hanging in the balance, he reluctantly takes on a dangerous mission – one that pits him against Elysium’s mayor, Secretary Jessica Delacourt and her hard-line forces – but if he succeeds, he could save not only his own life, but billions of people on Earth as well.

Source

From what I have seen from the trailer I'm very hyped for this movie. If you only have to see one movie this year; make it this movie! Pacific Rim and Iron Man 3 will also be great too!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Reminds me of a movie...can't remember which movie though.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
im surprised the de-population theorists havent arrived on this post yet

this is my kind of film, interesting and thought provoking story, thats for sure.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hey family!!

I just came back from the movies to see 'Elysium'.

GREAT MOVIE!!

There is political overtone, but I think its VERY fitting for the time. The movies allows us to take a glimpse into a dystopian Earth in the future, which depicts themes such as Obamacare, illegal immigration reform, Transhumanism, and RFID.

No spoilers from me...

GO SEE IT

edit on 17-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

It's weird you say that. A lot of conservatives have hated the movie because they believe it's against conservative values. To be honest it's looks okay. I love technology and imagine how science can used to change the world for the better.

Here is the link I was talking about: Link

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by ButterCookie

It's weird you say that. A lot of conservatives have hated the movie because they believe it's against conservative values. To be honest it's looks okay. I love technology and imagine how science can used to change the world for the better.

Here is the link I was talking about: Link

Yeah it is...but people are mostly gonna remember the dystopian (break down of civilization as we know it) as a result of financial ruin, an overburdened and un-efficient healthcare system, and an influx of immigration - all issues that are seen to be caused by Obama...

Elysium is beautiful, efficient and healthy because it does not have the things mentioned above.

Because of this, I couldn't tell which political direction the movie actually leans toward...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Just saw this over the weekend. If you like sci-fi, technology and conspiracies you should watch it for sure. Many novel ideas with amazing visuals and just a great movie all around. Better then what I expected to say the least.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kushness

it reminds me a little of Halo,... the ring in space,... the suit that Matt Damon has on etc etc

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The movie's message is that the Teutonic protectorates, despite having been established and defended by Anglo-Germans over the centuries, owe it to others of different nations and ethnicities to allow unrestricted migration into the Aryan utopias.

The main character, "Max Da Costa", a Mexican-American, was played by White Matt Damon since a Latin protagonist supported by a slew of Latins, Blacks, Mulattos and Mestizos would only serve to make the subtext less obscure.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
He remindes me of when he did Euro Trip...scotty doesnt know!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Bad script, no direction, mediocre story, good cgi, good music....

Not one character I could care about and Jodi Foster was terrible. Just reading her lines....

top topics

join