It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing that has happened to you while you were browsing ATS??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Me?

Let me preface this by saying I am usually not jumpy.

I have been reading ATS since I got home from work about 2 hours ago. There was a very loud hideous phsssssssssthphsttttttttttttt sizzling noise then BAM my electric goes off! I almost jumped out of my skin. My husband yells "EMP" to mess with me (he makes fun of me for spending so much time reading ATS). I said "NOT FUNNY". I have been reading about the NK situtation all evening. My immediate thought was grab my BOB and go to our bug out location and wait for the other members of my family to get there, including my daughter who is at her boyfriend's house.

Before I joined ATS, my first thought would've been where are my daggum matches!!

Just now my 17 yr old daughter calls me and asked if Kim fired his nukes because the electric was "weird". At least my kid gets it. I raised her right!!

Well played transformer that made my skin crawl, well played.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I was reading some thread and was really engrossed when suddenly the xenon lamp in one of our cinema projectors exploded (they do this sometimes) and I damn.near pooped my pants :-)

Edit......your avatar......summer glau ....mmmmmmmmmmm
edit on 11-4-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

I agree with the Summer Glau comment. I guess the strangest thing to happen is that I was hungry and suddenly dinner was ready. The great mystery of our time.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
About 15 minutes ago. I'm sitting in a tornado watch and my phone rings. It's another ATS member calling me from a Fire Station, in the affected area, to give me a warning, that it could be worse than I'm seeing in the news right now.....

ATS...gotta Love It.....

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Oh... Ummmm Des... Tornado watch until 4:00 am.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
About 15 minutes ago. I'm sitting in a tornado watch and my phone rings. It's another ATS member calling me from a Fire Station, in the affected area, to give me a warning, that it could be worse than I'm seeing in the news right now.....

ATS...gotta Love It.....

Des

Wow,des,be safe.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I was reading a post about global warming when I was suddenly raped by a grey.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Destinyone

Oh... Ummmm Des... Tornado watch until 4:00 am.

You're in it too Heff...it's been hailing like crazy up here...lightning like the 4th of July.

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Strange things are happening all the time. I go look for the cordless phone to call someone and the phone rings...They are calling me. This has happened a lot of times this winter.

I seem to decide to study a subject and later log on to ATS only to find that someone has started or soon starts a thread that I can use that knowledge to comment with. That happens every day. There seems to be way to many coincidences in my life nowadays.

I'd have to say that things are just about normal for me being a person who isn't normal.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I read a thread that was based on facts.

It was strange.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have an on topic answer now....

This one time I found out, while on ATS, that I might die in a horrible tornado. True story.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

What is the strangest thing that has happened to you while you were browsing ATS??

Some time ago, I hit the ATS tab pinned to my Bookmark toolbar, only to find an old man looking indignantly at me...claiming I was banned.

After a few moments of hysteria, I passed out...

Thankfully, I woke up to find that I was indeed logged in...different member name, avatar and join date, but there I was - logged in..!

edit on 11-4-2013 by facelift because: add a -

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
One day while I was on ATS I suddenly realized that there's actually a whole world of news & journalism that doesn't copy the Associated Press releases word for word...

I think it was my 1st day here...can't remember for sure...
edit on 11-4-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I have an on topic answer now....

This one time I found out, while on ATS, that I might die in a horrible tornado. True story.

If you make it through the night Heff. I'll send you a quart jar of Kimchi to celebrate....

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
A nasty nosebleed while reading about aliens.

First one in over 20 years.

I put 2 and 2 together though, and googled low dose aspirin and nosebleeds. I had heard a really freaky ripping sound, inside my head the previous night - middle of the night. There was no pain or feeling with the horrible sound, so I decided not to worry about it.
I am blaming the aspirin.
I've quit taking it.

The timing was just too perfect.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i haven't gotten banned yet!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
One time I saw two members agree to disagree and they didn't even try to argue to prove a point to each other! It was weird, wild stuff!

And once I saw someone post pics because it actually happened.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
A nasty nosebleed while reading about aliens.

First one in over 20 years.

I put 2 and 2 together though, and googled low dose aspirin and nosebleeds. I had heard a really freaky ripping sound, inside my head the previous night - middle of the night. There was no pain or feeling with the horrible sound, so I decided not to worry about it.
I am blaming the aspirin.
I've quit taking it.

The timing was just too perfect.

You heard a ripping sound, IN YOUR HEAD?

*shudder*

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It's nothing I would really call strange, but I felt an earthquake while on ATS. We don't usually feel too many in my area. It was last year sometime, maybe around October, I think.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
I was reading a post about global warming when I was suddenly raped by a grey.
Yea thats pretty strange...You win

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join