It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea may be able to deliver nuke, Pentagon intel says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

Right on bro...............itchy trigger fingers all round hey.

Jesus, to say I didn't see this coming is an understatement.

They'll be mysterious buildings falling down by themselves in NYC next

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sure takes the wind out of the sails of Russian and Chinese arguments in regards to us not needing a Nuclear shield to protect against rouge states if we happen to shoot down two crappy North Korean Icbms...

For all anyone here knows... the Iranian that delivered the blueprints to North Korea for a decent missile was really an Israeli working as a double agent for the Usa lol....

who knows... these guys are called "spooks" for a reason

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
They never meant for the public to know.
They knew since at least March.
This came out by mistake.
I wonder what else was in that report?

"DIA assesses with moderate confidence the North currently has nuclear weapons capable of delivery by ballistic missiles, however the reliability will be low," Lamborn said, quoting from a DIA report entitled "Dynamic Threat Assessment 8099: North Korea Nuclear Weapons Program (March 2013)."

Effectively confirming the assessment, a U.S. official said that Lamborn had done nothing wrong in releasing the statement but declined further comment on the study. He said the quotation cited by Lamborn was in a section of the study that had been erroneously marked unclassified.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

America couldn't handle the Soviet ICBM and "Star Wars" was a derogatory term given to the Strategic Defense Initiative which, yes, the U.S. began to implement under Reagan but which the Soviets had been playing with for two years before we started. Mutually Assured Destruction was the response plan which, for me not wishing to be destroyed, isn't exactly handled and it requires that both parties have sane leadership and the will to survive. I was more confident in the Soviets possessing those two important qualities than I am in North Korea.

This is serious.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Now what is left to determine is if that this is real intelligence, speculative intelligence or fabricated intelligence the US services have a good track record on fabricated intelligence (from creating the problem in the first place to falsify Casus Belis) but rarely have they proven good at real intelligence. The US are renowned to always coming late to a party that isn't been thrown by themselves..

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I consider that quite possible. The scenarios have been run. The mortality rates to U.S. and allies was rumored to be looking unacceptably high in a ground war. A ground war was the only way to go in as a liberator. With this released (seemingly accidentally no less -- though I think it quite purposeful) this is the beginning of building up the resolve to do something far worse and more decisive than boots on the ground.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Let's not get to carried away folks. NK may "now" have a capable nuke "Allegedly" but they still have to play cat and mouse trundling this thing around seting it up bla bla bla. However "we" have plenty of massive payload, ready to fire, just tap the coordinates in, destroy your whole dreams ICBMs.

Wanna play Kim.

You will lose

Everything.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I agree with you entirely. Kim cannot win. There is absolutely ZERO chance of that. None. Zip. Nada and a big goose egg to make the point....cracked over his little head.

The problem is...does HE realize that? They have some pretty creative planners feeding the man at the top what he wants to hear, not what reality may actually be. Then, he's got generals behind him who spent their whole lives training to this moment and they're the true believers. They haven't been training to lose .....despite how near humorous we may tend to consider that.

We live in a world where a 10 year old can get satellite imagery on demand which ranked among the highest classified secrets for capability and within my lifetime at that. They live in a world where, above ground at least, 90% of the population doesn't even have electrical power, let alone free will allowed them to see anything but State TV channels playing martial music and scenes near 24/7. How screwy would you get after a lifetime of that? They've had 60 years now.

I'd also LOVE to think Kim could be the paper tiger for WMD that Saddam turned out to be (and our side may well have known he was at the leadership levels). I think that went out the window like a hot brick when he detonated 2 honest to goodness nuclear weapons. Can't much argue with success ...and after "try and try again" even HE got it right eventually.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah

"DIA assesses with moderate confidence the North currently has nuclear weapons capable of delivery by ballistic missiles, however the reliability will be low," Lamborn said, quoting from a DIA report entitled "Dynamic Threat Assessment 8099: North Korea Nuclear Weapons Program (March 2013)."

Effectively confirming the assessment, a U.S. official said that Lamborn had done nothing wrong in releasing the statement but declined further comment on the study. He said the quotation cited by Lamborn was in a section of the study that had been erroneously marked unclassified.
www.reuters.com...

Thats the funny part.

Typos are great.

See how fast they took it back lol. Funny.

All while they told us "15 years off minimum!!!"

edit on 13/4/11 by metaldemon2000 because: typos...damn

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Let's not get to carried away folks. NK may "now" have a capable nuke "Allegedly" but they still have to play cat and mouse trundling this thing around seting it up bla bla bla. However "we" have plenty of massive payload, ready to fire, just tap the coordinates in, destroy your whole dreams ICBMs.

Wanna play Kim.

You will lose

Everything.

Thats not how it works.

One cannot simply nuke a country...

Without listening to heavy metal.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I also agree with you entirely.

I can't say to much more, I don't want to start a rant I can't finish. BUT let's just say Kim is a very silly little fellow indeed.

He may have an Army, he may have missiles and the like. BUT SO DO WE and we have a modern plethora of nasty's to throw at him.

Sometimes its best to know when to shut the f* up and say sorry.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This just in:

US urges China to help rein in North Korea
www.heraldsun.com.au...

The old "you tell them, then we'll nuke em" trick

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I am wondering if this is the same source that said WMDs were in Iraq??

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Interesting.

This might be why the defcon warning site from earlier got the idea to change it's defcon status.

So they say.. they can deliver a nuke but not reliably.. what does that mean.. they can try 10 times and perhaps 3 out of 10 will be a hit that goes Boom. Those odds are still way too close for comfort. Even at 1 out of 10 tries it's the stuff of nightmares.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I couldn't agree more.

Let's say I have a nuke that I made in my garage (Just saying!!)

Sure it might be unreliable, but press the button and re-solder a few more times, I'm gonna get it to work.

They have nuclear weapons.

They have them in a firing position.

Satellite confirms this.

They need to be taken out ASAP.

A massive show of force is needed. something to make Shock and awe look like a fireworks party.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Again this is where China comes in to play, lets say Un does get off a nuke and we fail to see it as such and it hits worst case LA, or SF Ca, We US, then launch a tactical Nuke down Kim's shorts , China seeing we just put a nuke on its front door then decides to nuke Dc, Russia sees this then it decides to go nuke, India Pakistan they too want to nuke each other, Israel then goes after Iran, thus is WW3.

Do we really want to pay that game, Un sure does, does that mean we have to? or

We US SK see the nuke threat, US decides to Tomahawk Un, China sees this as First strike, China then hits Seoul, Japan, Guam, Pearl, and the west coast with tactical WMD.
We then launch a strike on China, Russia then gets in to the WMD act, as a protective strike on UK EU NATO forces, the world is spared a full out nuke war but fall out and the lives lost ,will take years to recover from , what wars would have been prevented, turn out to be long drawn out conventional wars.

Last option

We US/SK talk too china we agree that Un DPRK must be dealt with once and for all, we sit back and let China deal with the DPRK headache, China agrees not to cross 38th, North Korea then becomes far east China, no nukes no US SK DPRK war.
Un, DPRK is dealt with by China. China SK become trade partners.
US is then flooded with more ASIA shelf packing, "stuff" that is one time use, but is so neat and cool looking, that one has got to have it, and so cheep, can by 10 of them.
Every one but Un wins, this I can live with, what about you?

edit on 11-4-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah

www.reuters.com...

Sshhhhhh........

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Gosh, good scenarios!

Um.......option 3 please bekod!

Although I'm not sure.

I think NK has become an embarrassment for China. Russia are bystanders. SK and US want problem gone.

I think a traditional hard strike by SK and US backed by China is a foreseeable outcome. Maybe even including Japan? If controlled, NK is just a barrel that can and will be shot into.

Remember also, that during the first and second world war, when it came to trench warfare both side could not move more than several feet in months they were so pinned down.

This has similar qualities, once Kims missiles are gone (traditional strike) we will have them pinned to the border.
edit on 11-4-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
They sure are beating the drums of war!!!

IDK about you but I am having serious Deja Vu.....

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Interesting. Heck 24-25% of North Korea is arable land improperly utilized. Maybe we offered China an annexation scenario in return for not freaking out about our quantitative easing and the rest of this is just a stage show.

Far East China instead of NK makes me feel much better.

(for now)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join