It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones and Evolution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I have heard Alex Jones attacking evolution on the basis of the fact that Darwin seemed to lend some credence to Social Darwinism, and for the fact that his cousin Galton was a founder of eugenics. These are important and may make the case against reductionism and strict materialism. However, to use them against evolution itself is an unfair attack by association.

If Alex is reading this (he might be), I will address him. The argument is similar to those who attack you and me for fighting certain conspiracies when some conspiracy authors also believe in racist ideas. We oppose the racist ideas, but do not dismiss all conspiracy research on that basis. I believe that the same standard should be applied to Darwin. We oppose the use of his research to justify repression but still uphold the fact that natural selection is proven fact and is the mechanism behind much of evolutionary change.

Just as the Roman Church persecuted Galileo, and just as the Anglican Church attempted to stamp out Darwin, so does the intellectual establishment attempt to stamp out JFK research, often using the same methods of guilt by association. Anything but the facts! It is in the facts, however, that we find the truth.

I do believe that the mystery of evolution cannot be fully explained by nineteenth century biology. For instance, if the DNA is an example of a Quantum Computer (a big IF) then by definition its intelligence is non-local and therefore not mechanistic. It does not mean that we rule out natural selection, merely that we have to look at actual evolved change by looking at possible creativity embedded within Nature herself. This is a form of intelligent design that does not rely on religious authoritarianism and which might be very compatible with Chaos Theory and other forms of benevolent mysticism.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthEvolves

You should call in to his show and tell him personally, I don't think he'll find this message when it gets buried, you raise good points, and I'm sure he'd love to discuss it with you... or he could talk over you, depends on his mood i suppose

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Now theres 2 things you dont usually hear in the same sentence everyday...

Alex Jones... and... Evolution.

Nice. One in a million.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
My own thoughts on what happened here on earth.

Microbes were seeded here via comets etc.
A billion years later a passing space tourist gave it a kick up the butt / The Cambrian explosion.
From then on programed evolution took over, leading to a planet full of numskulls governed by monsters.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Alex Jones is one man who met a conspiracy theory he never dismissed. The man can be a walking, living encyclopedia of conspiracy. As a person who accepts evolution. I know many are confused about evolution. However, instead of going to Alex Jones for answer on anything ask a scientist. Alex Jones mind is influenced too much by conspiracies that have base in fact and logic.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Interesting topic, and some good points made.

I don't subscribe to evlolutionary theory in terms of the broad "frogs to princes" origin of species, but I think it's important to note (and many Creationists fail to make this distinction) that there are elements of evolutionary theory that aren't only beyond dispute, but are self-evident.

As far as I've read, no reputable Creationist ever disputes the validity of the theory behind natural selection. This is a clearly substantiated and evidence-based conclusion. We know from observation that speciation occurs based on environmental factors, for example.

However, I think that many Creationists are so hell-bent (ironic term, isn't it?) on trying to disprove evolution that they jump on the bandwagon of anything that seems to support such an argument. This is an ideal example. While, yes, Darwin's theories (and his books) led to eugenics and many false conclusions, this "tainted by association" approach doesn't actually help in any way whatsoever. It disproves nothing, and really misses the point.

I'm all for argument.
I'd call myself a literal, 6-day Creationist. I believe in a young earth, scarred by a series of catastrophic events as described in the Bible. However, I also believe that if you're going to make an argument against something, you'd better get your facts straight, and you'd better actually find a valid method of deconstructing that argument and finding its flaws.

...this is not an example of such an approach.
It's no wonder Creationists get mocked.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves
I have heard ....

Can you source where he said something to verify his stance on evolution?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I would guess the OP heard it through Alex Jones web cast show or his website. You could view all his web shows on his website I believe.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
alex jones = prison planet

don't understand what prison planet really means?

it's a type of planetary settlement that trumps both creationism and evolution!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

It matters because his stance generates a Right/Left divide that is harmful to joint efforts to expose the NWO. Since Alex himself supports a Right/Left alliance against tyranny, I figured I try reaching him in a respected forum like this!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I didn't know that. I was just replying to a comment by another user and also sharing my own 2cents.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Sure. I was just using your post as a launching pad to respond and further exercise my neural pathways.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I see where you're coming from now.
Second line needed.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

I see where you're coming from now.
Second line needed.

I think therefore I am! Just kidding.

Alex Jones should not be afraid of biology. It is the very randomness of life that is actually the freedom, the elan vital, that defies attempts to order us by regimentation.

I like most of his video's. I think he has a good heart.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
My own thoughts on what happened here on earth.

Microbes were seeded here via comets etc.
A billion years later a passing space tourist gave it a kick up the butt / The Cambrian explosion.
From then on programed evolution took over, leading to a planet full of numskulls governed by monsters.

Numskulls and Monsters, would be a great title for a book mate.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. Evolution is obvious and backed by scientific data. Here's the problem with Alex Jones. While he does present a lot of factual information, he makes ridiculous conclusions based off it. Social darwinism has nothing to do with evolution and Darwin's book did not influence that. It was a scientific book of observations, it wasn't about selective breeding of humans to preserve favorable traits. They are completely different. Anybody who argues against evolution and invokes Darwin, needs to get with the times and stop arguing based on 19th century science. We are in the 21st century now and evolutionary theory has evolved along with it. Most of the time it's not even worth arguing because they are so far out of touch with science and reality.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I would be curious if Alex endorses the "aliens created us" meme. Does he?

If he does, would he view them as benevolent?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves
I would be curious if Alex endorses the "aliens created us" meme. Does he?

If he does, would he view them as benevolent?

Alex Jones is a Christian and I don't remember him addressing the topic of aliens, although chances are he either doesn't believe in them or considers them demons. If I recall correctly, he believes that the government is responsible for most UFO & alien encounters.
edit on 14-4-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Jones is not a Fundamentalist. He is probably something of a Deist. He claims to believe in the religion of the Founding Fathers which is Masonic if I am not mistaken.

That does not mean he is part of any conspiracy, but that his religious views may parallel those of some of the people Fundamentalists oppose. The difference is that Alex Jones is open and honest, favoring full disclosure, while there are other forces that use secrecy for power, a critical distinction. Alex exposes secrecy, which is why I like him.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
... I think it's important to note that there are elements of evolutionary theory that aren't only beyond dispute, but are self-evident.

I'd call myself a literal, 6-day Creationist. I believe in a young earth, ...

How on earth did you manage to include both of these statements within one post or in fact you mind?

HOW can you believe in the concept of evolution and think all that happened in a few thousand years?

I have to assume that you do not really understand evolution and it´s widespread evidence. There is not really another way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join