It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H*DD3N MEAN*NG3S. How Opening Your Mind Can Change YOU!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Interesting BUT

1) We only use 10% of our brain is a myth.

Though an alluring idea, the "10 percent myth" is so wrong it is almost laughable, says neurologist Barry Gordon at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore. Although there's no definitive culprit to pin the blame on for starting this legend

It turns out though, that we use virtually every part of the brain, and that [most of] the brain is active almost all the time

Only because it is activated do not mean we use it to more than 10% potential. Intelligence I am probably maxing my potential out but when it comes to pineal gland and crown then I am probably not even close to 50% and I am using much more than when I did not even know pineal gland and crown could be activated.

We are as humans indoctrinated that real telepathy and synchronicity are fake and should be laughted at. I am laughting back at the limitations of open mind those scientist are putting on themselves and I only can follow some synchronicity and feel paranormal effects. If they knew what they where missing out on. Lol

But they will get it in a couple of years when people come out in the open talking about it from every direction. Now they are just singing about the shining/on fire/chakra burning/spinning on the radio. I am still amazed that people do not understand what they are hearing.
edit on 12-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

edit on 12-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by slidingdoor

It is a myth that we only use 10% of our brains. We use 100% of it. That 10% nonsense has been floating around since the 70's.
Of course there are some functions that we do not fully understand like memory and consciousness but as far as mapping out the finctions of its parts we pretty much know it all now. The 10% myth is a presistent one.
edit on 12-4-2013 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by slidingdoor

It is a myth that we only use 10% of our brains. We use 100% of it. That 10% nonsense has been floating around since the 70's.
Of course there are some functions that we do not fully understand like memory and consciousness but as far as mapping out the finctions of its parts we pretty much know it all now. The 10% myth is a presistent one.

And most people have a misunderstanding of how we are only using 10% capacity of our brains come from. I'll explain it to you to the best of my ability. Our brains uses every neuron, every brain cell, every gland everything brains contains it uses but at the rate and capacity is only 10% and there's a mathematical how scientist came to that conclusion at first. Our brains memory capacity we should be able to remember every detail we go through our whole lives, every image, every taste, touch, sound everything but our memory only serves vague or recent memories. Also at the rate our neuron transmitters fire off we should be able to process things at much much faster rate but we don't and we don't know why or where to even begin so no we don't know it all and perhaps maybe never know why our brains is not functioning at what it was designed to to.

Originally posted by muzzleflash

That sounds cool and all but, really no one actually needs that.

They just need to enjoy life, think positive, and help/love others.
This will bring them fulfillment.

All of these silly religious dogmatic notions of "rising to a higher level" appear absurd.

I just don't understand why people "need" to think this way. It doesn't really help anything much. In fact I could argue it's detrimental in many more ways than it is beneficial.

What if I don't want to do all that stuff? Does that mean I will never reach the "higher consciousness levels" that those who practice it will?

Think of all the time spent on these religious rituals and meditations, that could be better spent helping humans in need or that are suffering. Or at least giving good helpful information.

Instead we are left with a blank ideology that is meaningless and wastes all our time, feeds our ego telling us we are "on a really high level now", facilitates narcissism and self-centeredness, and is commonly used as justification for other questionable acts of belligerence.

I could write a whole book or more about it, but I'll leave it at that.

You make bold assertions and sad part you believe them as if that how it is or true. You said "no one needs it" but in fact people who follow this path as made drastic changes in their lives for the better, it made them more patient, loving more understanding... so for you ... you may not need it but for others they do.

There's no dogma or religion to this... a matter fact it's complete opposite of spirituality. The man in this video is presenting a perspective showing you how current "religious" dogma is misunderstood and how it's very much like eastern teachings.

There's no set if rituals, meditations, prayers or any act worship to achieve "enlightenment", as you stated you don't need any of that to "regain" a certain level consciousness but certainly it's not a waste of time, they are very powerful tools to help you realize the reality you live in and in many cases have divine experiences. It takes very little time to practice any of those.

Honestly, to don't achieve "a higher level" you don't need to DO anything but you do need to strip away your attachments to this facade cultural society and our mental programing all that garbage is what keeps you way from your true self, and true acts of kindness out of love will flourish "naturally" but you find this absurd because you don't truly understand it because your perspective doesn't allow it and that is the part we must be flexible or "open" and humble ourselves. And regaining "higher level consciousness" doesn't make you me or you a better or higher person, actually it makes much more simple people, it makes us more understanding, it allows to grasp and learn new things through a new perspective.

It appears you've witness or come across people who fit he description from which you describe and now lump EVERYONE into one cynical category, which is hardly the case because there's a whole deeper level of contrast people from different backgrounds and lives. We are constantly learning and understanding new things from this new perspective it's evolving changing, it's the leading edge of understanding reality taken from all the knowledge we've had from ancient times to latest technology and sciences used today and this is what we have now.
edit on 12-4-2013 by samaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Please read the entire thread before responding.

I hate these lame instructions. Just a self serving attempt to force my continued attention on to your writings.

I do not need to consume an entire hard boiled egg to determine if it's rotten or not. Nor did I need to read an entire post...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The main source of DNA change is protein, protein enzyme. Let us look at a definition of the word protein.

Or the word emzime... an emzime is a non living protein... a catalyst if you will, to things down into their basic parts.
so using the words protein catalyst together is a bit redundant.
nit picking aside i like your thread op... you get my star and my flag

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Anything about the pineal gland peaks my interest. SnF for you. Great post.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Alot of what you are saying rings like the whole new age movement going on,while i must admit it's very intresting and even persuasive,but in my opinion all of this third eye,spirituality,mysticism stuff will end up being the much anticipated 1 world religion making all others obsolete,whether that be good or bad only time will tell,you can check out a website called www.lucitrust.com there are also videos that help with meditation called binaural beats/isochronic tones (use them at own risk) they are alpha/gamma/theta waves in different frequencies meant to alter your brain waves and have various functions from fast learning,relaxation to third eye opening and the 7 chakras i've used them they are pretty effective in my experience.cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Like, if you are lifted in "invisible light" in the transition to Air stage, how do you know you are lifted in light since it's invisible? Seems illogical.

Logic will not answer the question.
It will be obvious when it happens and not until.

I think it is already obvious and that logic already answered the question.

But to each his own I suppose. *Shrugs*

Has logic answered the question? Can you explain it for me please? Logically.

edit on 12-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Yes, that there is a 99.9% chance that all of this is new-age-mumbo-jumbo (or ancient mysticism, whatever you wanna call it).
And it's primarily illusions and delusions, rather than sane rational thinking.

There is most likely no such thing as mental stages as set out in the OP, nor are there such thing as the majority of other ambiguous vague things mystics claim.

It's very heavily polluted with the imaginary, and very low on the actual solid reality.
edit on 12-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Maybe you don't understand the meaning of the word logical? Because this post of yours doesn't explain anything by logic, it is just you restating your opinion. Without any proof of why we should consider to have any validity.

You would be better served i think to offer some examples of why, logically speaking, your opinion should bear any consideration.

"There is most likely no such things as mental stages..." can you explain your reasoning or cite some research as to why this would seem to you to be the case? You're not really making an argument at this point, you've just reiterating your personal opinion. Just because it might be a strong opinion doesn't make it logical because you say it is.

Anyways, interesting thread. Might check out that video if i have time later.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

The Native American's Had Animal Spirits.
Explain that one fro me please.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I just have a few short comments to make for now.
First, I have been aware of the coded meanings that can be derived from scripture for a long time. Two authors have influenced me most.
First is Barbara Thiering, an Australian theologian, who describes the 'pesher', the Hebrew method of encoding information used widely in the New Testament. Her books are controversial and not at all accepted by mainstream Christianity, but that's not surprising because she blows the popular understanding of the NT out of the water. No virgin birth, no resurrection etc.
Second is John Marco Allegro. An expert in Semitic languages, Allegro was the first to break ranks from the scholars tasked to work on the Dead Sea Scrolls. Again, very controversial but someone who offers very useful insights.
For instance, Allegro points out that the Hebrew word translated as 'carpenter' (as in Jesus' father was a carpenter) is written the same as the word that means Priest. So Jesus' may not have been the son of a carpenter but the son of a priest - which goes a long way to explaining how he was able to speak with authority to the Priests of the Temple.
Of the two, I value the work of Thiering the most. Her theses are astoundingly brilliant. IMO her work will ultimately redefine the Christian canon. Unless it is totally suppressed.
Years ago, I discovered that although the Church teaches the Nicene Creed, most church fathers don't believe a word of it. They go to religious seminaries and universities where they become exposed to critical theory and find that they either have to accept everything as literal, to be believed as an act of faith, or else they have to find a way of reconciling themselves to their new understanding of the life and death of Jesus.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Very good OP that is very on target for what people need to understand we were meant to be. We are supposed to be spiritual beings that were separated from the EGO. The "Lucifer" of lets say the Masons is the EGO. EGO is the God of this world. Jesus gave use the blueprints to build the temple in ourselves and get back to knowing the creator by becoming our true self again.

You have to ask yourself where was Jesus those missing years?
- He was East studying the ways of enlightenment.

What is the Shine above the heads of Jesus and The Apostles?
- That is the glow the crown chakra gives off to those with the eyes to see. Jesus had activated his Kundalini mastered it and was showing others how to become the full being we have been lied to and told us we are not. Certain beings won't even be able to look at you if you have this activated.

Why is the number 7 constantly repeated in the bible?
- 7 chakras , and another reason I wont go into.

Watch the movie the Matrix and you will see humans are being used as batteries. How much power would they really get out of us? Quite a bit actually if they activated out Kundalinis and kept them going. The kundalini is like going from 110 volts to 220 volts. It is not to be entered into lightly but it is mans destiny to become this being again. Also notice where the wires are connected on Neo, at the chakras.

You can call it New Age, you can call it hippy BS, you can say it is mysticism and evil, you can let the bible run you away from it. It is the truth though the Masons (before infiltration) even hid the knowledge of it in the churches they built so man would one day see the truth of what was taken from them. The chakras are the 7 seals and humans are the book. The church does not want you to open because it will destroy their power.

If you do journey down this path do the roper research into the change that will occur before hand it is not to be taken lightly since we have journeyed so far from the path it will change your life.

Love and Light.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'll come back to this thread when I'm a little more conscious with a proper post. In the meantime I couldn't resist leaving you with Tim Minchin's song 'If You Open Your Mind Too Much Your Brain Will Fall Out'

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Again, the myth started in the 70's but it is still urban legend and nothing more. We use 100% of our brains. The penile gland produces hormones such as melatonin which helps us sleep. It has nothing at all to do with being psychic. That is still more new age jargon that means nothing but some people have grabbed on to it and are holding fast to a new legend because it sound so new agey. and almost scientific too. ( how modern) Everything being said in this thread has been modified from one incarnation or another. Its like picking food choices from an old fashioned Chinese menu, One from column "A" and two from column "B". Just take what you like from this genre and leave what you dont. Chew this dogma but dont drink that koolaid. Or drink this sacrificial wine but dont partake of the pagan satanized dogma.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by samaka

NO no and no. That 10% is baloney. Unless you have had some kind of injury your memory is 100% there. Your ability to learn is at its max. True you cannot pay attention to all that is going on around you because so much is going on at one time that you have to pick and choose what you see and hear but just bringing all of what you see and hear every second takes all of your brain. Temper the new age stuff with a little science and you'll be better balanced in the end. Memories are like your yard after a snow storm. There is a path to the car from the front door. There is a path from the kitchen door to the garbage pails. There is a path to the garage if you have one and its not connected to the house. The path ways are the ones that get used the most. Considering that everything that enters your brain for processing is coming in in signals from nerves its always just a process on what you perceive and believe based on these incoming signals. anyway memories are like those pathways around your house. The ones that are needed the most and are used the most frequently are the deepest. Thats why is beneficial just to go and see new things or read instead of seeing a movie or doing something physical that you have to think about, it causes the brain to open new neural pathways which then add to your ability to recall memories because you have a new way to the garage or the car. Altering brainwaves through relaxation or meditation causes new neural pathways to form too. Like memories will then "cling" to the new memories that are formed with these new experiences giving your brain another way to access not just this new memory but any memories that it deems "like" it from the past. ( A new way to the garage after a snow storm that will also hitch to the type of flowers growing along that path in summer, the broken paver that should have been replaced last summer, the idiot clerk who works at Home Depot and your brother in law who looks like the clerk at HomeDepot.)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Sungazing documentary part 1 of 2

At just past 5 minutes it shows with technology, what areas of the brain are being activated. Its not as simple as saying we use eveyrthing all the time. We don't, we've been nerfed from past cycles. There is alot one can do to enhance brain function and there is history of hidden knowledge on this for thousands of years, kept away from most people, to take advantage of them.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It will time for me to read through this, see the videos then comment. But I can relate to this and I love reading and discussing about this, most of the time I rather not talk about religion when someone comes to my door and tries to persuade me. I like to think of my self as very open minded, sure I will listen to you, just don't try to change what I believe in. S&F I will come back to this after thoroughly going through it. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I had to stop immediately to make comment and disobey your rule cause that's how I roll.
Sorry, I
just noticed right off, that he is saying The Revelation of Jesus Christ is not a book of prophecy.
If you don't mind I believe a closed mind is mo better in this regard.

No more for me.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
I just saw the video and was might impressed.

If anybody here feels ready to endeavor rising above the egoic mind (the beast), activate the chakras and the kundalini within, rise up to unity (christ) consciousness of oneness with all that is, you are welcome to contact me and I WILL help you to the best of my knowledge. I say this to the seekers, not those merely curious. Light and love to everybody, regardless.

Even pedophiles, murderers & thieves etc?

I don't want to 'Light and love everybody, regardless!'

NOT EVERYONE IS DESIGNED FOR ENLIGHTENMENT!
NOR DO THEY WANT IT!
NOR WILL THEY FIND IT!

~CrzayFool

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
We use 100% of our brains not 10%!

Every part of the brain is used for something such as language, sight, memory etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Regarding the animals sensing and evacuating the area before there was any sign of a tsunami or earthquake.. it just goes to show how this planet and everything in it is connected through one consciousness, and the first 'higher' level of consciousness is being in tune with THIS planet. I wholeheartedly believe there are higher levels of our consciousness.. my problem is getting to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join