It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Sure NK Is Just Putting Up A Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I honestly think the US should ignore this and stop giving attention to lil Kim.

If he really wanted to attack someone he would have done it before everyone started putting up defenses. The surprise factor is gone and damage will be minimal.

I would say that there is 0 chance NK would be suicidal enough to attack. Those government officials want to stay wealthy and in power.

Every politician wants to show that he is a capable leader once he achieves a position. This is lil Kim's show.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Couldnt you have just posted this in the giant N Korea watch thread? Yourve made a whole new thread on N Korea just giving your opinion in a sentence

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
you dont even know if they're the ones putting on a show

everything could just be made up

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So you want to ignore a country who's ruler has made statements declaring his intention to use nuclear weapons. Had videos produced showing the destruction of Seoul and Washington D.C, along with others showing an invasion of South Korea. Told outsiders to leave South Korea, removed workers form the joint North and South Korean factory, and cut off military communication with South. Not mention he has armed missiles in firing position, as of today, sitting on his Eastern coast and you want to pretend he is simply a bratty child looking for attention?

Not a good approach. While I agree that the North is not going to take any action that will lead to Kim Yong-Un losing power, I think simply ignoring him is a terrible idea.

The United States, South Korea, and Japan all have to take this at face value or risk not being prepared if he does the unthinkable. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Every politician wants to show that he is a capable leader once he achieves a position. This is lil Kim's show.

He's just shown the world he's a loose cannon and someone who doesn't think rationally. He has succeeded in making his neighbors and allies uncomfortable and has further isolated his country by his actions. When you threaten an entire region, and put your own citizen's lives in jeopardy, you have no business being a leader.

If the North Korean people ever realize how this self-centered childish cowboy put their lives in danger, they should band together and overthrow him and his ruthless military. This is one of the many dictators the world can do without.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Finally, someone on ATS who understands what is really going on and the correct course of action.

Well done, but lets just hope those who think they are intelligent actually see what is happening and not what they see when in 'another zone'.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Well you know what they say. Better be safe then sorry.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

As others have said you don’t really need to go and create a whole new thread just to say “no chance NK is going to do anything”. I would understand if you have given us a analysis of the situation that had led you to this conclusion but you’ve not.

Ignoring them is a horrible idea, NK is a problem that has to be sorted out one way or the other.

I personally believe that a break in the cease fire is inevitable and there will be a return to war.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Shane Smith last night on either John Stewart or Colbert said it's just sabre rattling. He would know better than I would, considering he's been to N. Korea twice.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Shane Smith last night on either John Stewart or Colbert said it's just sabre rattling. He would know better than I would, considering he's been to N. Korea twice.

I agree partially, I'd like to add that Kim Yong-Un is young, arrogant and on the global stage relatively unknown. These character flaws coupled with tensions between the two Korea's being at an all time high leaves the potential for someone starting a war accidently a real possibility. Not the kind of situation I'd leave up to someone's opinion.

top topics

join