It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: Obama's drone program killing civilians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I totally agree with what your saying. I hate politicians and if anyone would take a look at the age of our current congress and senate, they would realize they're all in it for their self gain. I posted a thread a few weeks back and researched the age of our law makers. Take a look at the age of these people and how long they've served in office. Talk about dictators!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You do realize it isn't "Obama's drone program" right?
The Drones were bought and paid for by Republicans!

Let's continue to be angry about the Drone Program. But stop adding Obama's name to it.
It makes you look like fools who are just angry at Obama, which I'm fairly certain is true for some of the people on this site.
It's not Obama doing this. It's the whole military industrial complex. It's our whole government.

edit on 11-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

There was no deflection in that post.

Yes there was

4000 and counting people have been murder by "death from above" en.wikipedia.org... but that doesn't matter since when people died elsewhere it only matters when the Potus has an R by their names.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

haha, don't make me laugh.
Look at the flipside.
Republicans actually cheered for the wars. But when the democrats took over they started to criticize it.

Few democrats actually support the drone programs. Few support the wars. Most are quiet because they've realized their voice doesn't matter on the issue. They've given up.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by neo96

Look at the flipside.
Republicans actually cheered for the wars. But when the democrats took over they started to criticize it.

Few democrats actually support the drone programs. Few support the wars. Most are quiet because they've realized their voice doesn't matter on the issue. They've given up.

Thanks for making this point for me:

when people died elsewhere it only matters when the Potus has an R by their names.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You do realize it isn't "Obama's drone program" right?
The Drones were bought and paid for by Republicans!

Let's continue to be angry about the Drone Program. But stop adding Obama's name to it.
It makes you look like fools who are just angry at Obama, which I'm fairly certain is true for some of the people on this site.
It's not Obama doing this. It's the whole military industrial complex. It's our whole government.

Ok that is unacceptable.

Yes keep Obama out of it, but blaming Republicans? What a complete lie.

The US Taxpayer paid for the drones without even being asked. People who evade tax paying get punished if caught. So all of us were forced to pay for our own enslavement. That is the hard truth.

Your last comment
"It's not Obama doing this. It's the whole military industrial complex. It's our whole government. " is 100% accurate and I 100% support this comment.

Just don't let yourself fall for the blame Repubs /Dems routine! They are lying, there are no such thing as Repubs or Dems, there are only those who support Freedom, and those who trample it.
edit on 11-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

No one is saying Drone technology should be banned.

People just think it's wrong for the Govt to use drones to murder people and spy on innocent citizens in their own freaking country.

Why is it fundamentally any different to using manned aircraft for those roles??

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Look at the flipside.

You're saying its not the democrats/obamas fault because the drone program started under bush/republicans yet Obama expanded the drone warfare program 4 times after taking office.

You actually think most democrats don't want war? You actually think democrats criticize the war? no, what they're criticizing is the opposing side. Something that the Republicans do too, now that Obama is in office, Republicans champion certain issues they wouldn't have under a GOP president and use that to criticize the democrat.

You're still stuck in the left/right paradigm and you need to GTFO. Seriously.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

What you're saying I'm saying, and what I said, are not the same. I was trying to make the point, that what he said, applies even more so to Republicans.

I don't know a single democrat who suddenly became supportive of the Iraq war and Afghan war, like he is saying. Most real democrats did NOT change their stance on the wars, they just shut up about it. I live in an area with lots of democrats. I know what real democrats are doing. They aren't cheering for these wars like Republicans did.

I also know a lot of republicans who had no problem with the wars, but now for some reason have a problem with drones being used. If the drones were used under a republican president right now, they'd have shirts with drones on them. They'd have shirts!

You can bring up Libya. But BOTH parties were supportive of that war. BOTH republicans and democrats were talking for weeks complaining about why Obama hadn't done anything yet. Then as soon as it happened, Republicans took an opposing stance.

I highly despise democrats for the Libya issue. So yeah, Democrats do support wars based on who is in the office, BUT Republicans are so much worse at this. That's what this thread basically is.

Democrats and Republicans often share the same faults. But on the issue of war, Republicans ARE much worse.

I wrote that other post rather quickly. Does this clarify it better?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Yes keep Obama out of it, but blaming Republicans? What a complete lie.

The US Taxpayer paid for the drones without even being asked. People who evade tax paying get punished if caught. So all of us were forced to pay for our own enslavement. That is the hard truth.

The drones have been around for a while. People just found out about them under Obama. see
What I said is no lie. And I wasn't trying to blame anyone. I see how it can seem that way. It wasn't my intent. I was just intending to get these people to think.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

No one is saying Drone technology should be banned.

People just think it's wrong for the Govt to use drones to murder people and spy on innocent citizens in their own freaking country.

Why is it fundamentally any different to using manned aircraft for those roles??

They are using manned aircraft to murder innocent American civilians?
Is this anytime recent Aloysius?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Most real democrats did NOT change their stance on the wars, they just shut up about it. I live in an area with lots of democrats.

That's why you are so wrong!

Shutting up about the most important political issue of our time, illegal war, is a huge change of stance.
It's traitorous to those being killed wrongly and suffering.

Sold out for political convenience !!!!!!
Shams each and every last one of ya.

No better than Republicans.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

So this program was started by a Republican. The original rules of which allowed for civilian casualties. It has been no secret civilians have been killed. It has been known for a long time. Check bureau of investigative journalisms website or pro publica. I am not sure why this is an active topic. Of course seeing your avatar you want to lay the blame with Obama. He expanded an allready existing program with the urging of the Joint Chiefs and CIA.

You make no mention of the fact that Bush jr was responsible for green lighting this. You fail to mention that between the War in Afganistan and the illegal war in Iraq over 500,000 civilains have been killed. Most estimates have the figure at around 1.3 Million Civilians. At most 4000-8000 civilans have been killed by drone attack. Yes the US targets first responders and then the funeral of whoever was killed in drone attacks. I believe against the geneva conventions. That is small potatoes compared to the Torture program Bush green lighted or the rendition program. It all pales to the domestic spying program that was installed while you sat back and did nothing.Alone in Iraq from 500,000 to 1.1 million people have been victim. Yet you make no mention of it. Where is your outrage? You clearly have an agenda of trying to make Obama look bad... You want to focus on less than 10,000 people killed by drones. Yet give Bush Jr. a pass for the million plus dead civilians in Iraq and Afganistan. You fail to mention the wars ( 1 of which we were lied to repeatedly to start...and is clearly a illegal war).. You fail to mention the 1.3 trillion these wars have cost so far. You fail to mention the 300 million a day it takes to keep the charade going. Your only goal is to bad mouth Obama. You could care less about the civilains. If you actually did care you would care about the 3/4's of a million dead Iraqi civilains. Kinda hypocritical dont you think?
edit on 12-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Let's also keep in mind that the Talibon hide in the middle of civilian populations. They know exactly what they're doing. They know how to create negative publicity and American outrage against drone attacks. Some, but not all of these civilians who are killed are Talibon supporters or family members which include their children.

I have seen this same argument pop up over and over again.
They are hiding in their houses with women and children.
They are hiding in the middle of civilian populations.
They are terrorists.

Someone tell me, if the US was under attack on our own soil:
Would you abandon your family and not protect them?
Would you hope that you and your loved ones organize to fight the invaders?
Or would you distance your self from your loved ones and go crawling to the enemy with your hands up?
If the US was under attack on our soil, would you consider those organizing together, men, women, and children as terrorists, that are trying to fight off the invaders.

If we were invaded in this country, I don't know many American's that would care to know the specifics of why we were invaded. Most can agree that we would want the invaders out, and would be enough to fight on.

edit on 12-4-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I just wish I could criticize the Govt without Obama or Bush being even mentioned.

I know a ton of people agree. It's so obvious and blatantly annoying that it always comes up and derails all good modern political debates dam near.
edit on 11-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

You have made a lot of good points in this thread.
The only purpose to pigeon hole one man who is a puppet, rather than the masters that dictate policy throughout many of the administrations is to keep the divide and conquer going.

If it is Obama, Bush, or even Romney, the political, economic, and military objectives have been established and in play for many years now.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Take his Nobel "Peace" prize back. He never deserved it. For these atrocities and guantanamo prison. Killing women and children. This will come back on him eventually.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by Indigo5

And if you believe that crap about Osama Bin Laden, you must believe everything the TV tells you. Too bad there isn't one single shred of evidence it's true. But believe in fantasies and complete BS all you want. I won't stop you.

I have a brother who worked air support in Afghanistan for the operation and a close friend who was DEVGRU at the time and is close with the team members who went to Abbottabad. That is the Gods honest truth...OBL is dead...but enjoy whatever wacked out fantasy you have going on.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

I don't believe anything, it's you who is the believer in fantasy.

You have no valid source, unnamed sources are GARBAGE.
You are lying 100%.
Prove me wrong.

I could not care less what you believe. Why on earth should I? I spoke truth...you can stick to your 9-11 conspriracy crap and how OBL is alive yada yada. Who cares?

I never claimed OBL was alive.
Are you purposely making up stuff and trying to twist things?

What is your real agenda here?

Why are you lying about having inside sources ?

"inside sources"? Nothing special here...tons of people have friends and family that are 1st tier operators...more so these days as Spec Ops has grown exponentially under Obama. Amongst the military community most people know someone or someone that knows someone that can directly validate Abbottabad. It's not some super secret operation anymore. The folks that were directly involved are non political...they love thier job, but honestly typically hate BS and politics and have no allegiance to general gov. agenda. Thier allegiance is to thier job and team mates. I know one guy that HATES Obama with a passion...doesn't like gov in general...is mostly libertarian now and retired, but he played a role in Abbottabad - getting OBL...It wasn't politics to him. So again...what's my agenda? Denying ignorance...and again, I don't care if you believe me...it makes no difference in my life. OBL left Abbottabad in a body bag. His image, DNA, body specifications etc. were confirmed by people who didn't give a crap who was President or politics...or agenda...or about conspiracey theorey. So carry on...Just trying to help with a little ignorance here....and if you had family and friends in the forward military they would tell you the same thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Its illegal to use drones and murder anyone, and bypass due process of law.

Isn't that what happens in war? Are American Soldiers engaged in illegal activity when they engage the enemy?

From there we need to decide the "combat" zone for terroists? Do we keep invading and occupying every country where they are present? Or do we single them out wherever they are? On US soil we have infinite resources to arrest terrorists and a huge uncompromising body of law that demands we use those resources vs. drone strikes or Spec Ops. In the deserts of Somalia...not so much.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I have seen this same argument pop up over and over again. They are hiding in their houses with women and children. They are hiding in the middle of civilian populations. They are terrorists.
reply to post by jacobe001

When it's a fact that the Talabon has bombed a school loaded with children because they didn't like the idea young girls were being educated there. It's a fact they have used young children and women as suicide bombers. It's a fact they have car bombed market places loaded with innocent civilians and children. It's a fact they have conducted meetings with high ranking Talaban in residential housing with family members and children present.
It's not an argument it's just the plain facts. Their religious beliefs don't value life. How many honor killings have we heard about just in the U.S. and Britain? They kill out of malice and radical thinking.

Do the research, they have proven time and time again they don't care about killing innocent people. Don't tell me, you forgot all about 9/11?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join