It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: Obama's drone program killing civilians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Because the Taliban IS the Civilian Population!!! Holy Crap!! How do you not know this???
reply to post by muzzleflash

Not all Taliban are affiliated with the Afghan Taliban movement. When I mentioned civilian populations, I should have said the population that doesn't affiliate itself with the Taliban led by Mullah Omar. I stand corrected.

The problem is that if anyone randomly, even isolated without any support or links to anyone, stands up and takes a shot at the Coalition forces or contractor partners, they are called either Taliban or AQ.

They dont need any proof that he is part of either group. All they need to do is say he was, and we believe it.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Someone who tries to de-rail the topic of the thread or point of the actual story to twist facts or to
stir the direction in another way without addressing the issue at hand so they dont have to agree is
IMO a troll.

=)

edit on 11-4-2013 by Common Good because: getting rid of IMOP

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Someone who tries to de-rail the topic of the thread or point of the actual story to twist facts or to
stir the direction in another way without addressing the issue at hand so they dont have to agree is
IMO a troll.

=)

edit on 11-4-2013 by Common Good because: getting rid of IMOP

Those fall under the freedom hater category.
Truth brings Freedom.
Lies bring Slavery.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Id just like to say to El Presidente- sorry about the BS going on in this thread i which I helped stir up.

Im just tired of the deflection and constant bs being spouted off by people who cant see how ridiculous they
are.

It really ruins the ability to have a honest debate on the issues at hand.

my apologies.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think the thread is going great.

Looks like the fascists got put down, some interesting topics were discussed, etc.

All we gotta do now to keep it going is to keep posting about how insane it is to support murder in such an indiscriminate and arbitrary video-game style desensitized way.

Drone strikes on unarmed civilians.
Gotta be kidding me. It's not even a debate.

Should we stab ourselves in the face? Is that a legitimate debate too?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

"Grow up for Christ Sake, using your Fake Outrage for Civilians, for a Shot at the POTUS, is Disgusting." You going to sit there and tell me that is not trolling? And Obama deserves all the criticism in the world when he is the one at the helm making stupid decisions. When something happens on his watch- hes going to get called out on it. END OF STORY.
reply to post by Common Good

Grow up? You're outrage clearly shows your party bias. The last time I checked, any member of congress can introduce a piece of legislation. A president can try to set policy, but it comes down to the legislative branch to act on it. The original Healthcare package was changed, not by Obama but by congressional standouts like Joe Lieberman and others.

As far as military policy is concerned, it would be foolish to assume the military doesn't have a huge influence in how the President decides how to conduct the war in Afghanistan. You give way too much credit to presidents. I remember when Obama said he was going to end the war in Iraq as soon as he took office. Hmmm, I wonder why that didn't happen? Maybe it was because his military advisers changed his direction concerning a pull-out?

Some posters here act like we have a dictator, but in reality they hate everything that Obama stands for, so it's easy to to find fault.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Some posters here act like we have a dictator, but in reality they hate everything that Obama stands for, so it's easy to to find fault.

Let's ignore Obama for a minute, since he actually doesn't matter and is just a silly face to scream at ala 1984.

Look at the political reality. All humans are free. Anyone who dictates to them, and uses coercion, threats, etc, to force them to their will, is a tyrant-dictator.

Does the city, county, state, national governments dictate to us? Yes?
Do they use threats of force as coercive incentive to bend us to the whims of the ruling establishments will?
YES

Show me ONE nation in history where this hasn't been the case.

Once you understand that politics is about freedom vs subjugation , than you will realize that it was the same story 2000 years ago that it is today.

People with power use it for their own gain and will sacrifice or even attack the populace if their ambitions of power and glory are threatened.

And everyone wants to be a king these days, and hell, half of the people actually believe they are!
edit on 11-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I just wish I could criticize the Govt without Obama or Bush being even mentioned.

I know a ton of people agree. It's so obvious and blatantly annoying that it always comes up and derails all good modern political debates dam near.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here is why: Because political debates between "Cults of Personality" eg: Person vs Person type party style tow the line debates are ultra lame and suck. There is little truth in them or anything valid to learn or think.

Political debates which don't care about "Cults of Personality" and party lines, that are merely open ended philosophical debates between competing principles, are elite and you can think all sorts of new massive concepts and you can learn a ton of things and grow as a person.

I hate the Cult of Personality debate.
I like debating principles because it's clear cut and makes sense (and easy to determine right from wrong).

All major wars in history came from Cult of Personality Debates. Shame on everyone.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
A good example of how we can control the psychology of a debate through careful foresight, is by merely taking the time to never mention the President's name unless it becomes absolutely necessary for practical reasons.

Like "Obama broke his leg", this is valid.

But "Obama's drone program" is Invalid and Untrue.
It's the US Govt, a NON-HUMAN entity of power and wealth.

It's the Gov'ts Drone Program actually.
Obama could be Romney, and it is the same story. Doesn't matter who gets elected, it just matters what money says to do and that's what gets done.

And big money (the general concept of money power), has consolidated itself into the hands of the few, and fear is high that the general population threatens it's ambitions for continuity of power. So therefore a civilian targeted drone program is necessary as part of a multi-pronged strategy to strip us of freedom and make us subservient to the power-control agenda.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Apparently it seems that "Person's X/Y/Z" perception of politics is a form of conditioning we have all been brainwashed with, in every nation on Earth today.

In order to control us through a false left right mental paradigm, we HAVE to use cults of personality as major guidelines of our political speech and theory. We HAVE to mention Obama, Bush etc, in order to divide ourselves among false ideological lines that were drawn for only one reason, to make us retarded and derail our thinking way off course.

By eliminating the cult of personality influences in our political debate, we can eliminate one of the major conditioned aspects of our mental slavery, and free ourselves to see things in a much more simplified, accurate, and practical manner.

We might actually start solving problems for once, instead of creating new ones to put on top of them.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Well I am going to disagree as it is Obamas drone program, after the "electioneering" and campaigning of the evils of Gitmo should be closed as somehow straight out murder is a more acceptable option.

There are clear differences between the current administration, the last one.full disclosure I was part of the "kill em all and let Allah sort it out crowd", and a decade has passed.

In case people missed the point of the last part of that comment It is now a decade later two admins later.
edit on 11-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Well I am going to disagree as it is Obamas drone program, after the "electioneering" and campaigning of the evils of Gitmo should be closed as somehow straight out murder is a more acceptable option.

There are clear differences between the current administration, the last one.full disclosure I was part of the "kill em all and let Allah sort it out crowd, and a decade has passed.

In case people missed the point of the last part of that comment It is now a decade later two admins later.

Neo it doesn't matter who is in charge, I just want you to fully embrace this most accurate reality.

Bush Clinton Ford Nixon Napoleon Xerxes Hannibal who cares?
They would all have called drones on YOU for wanting to be a free human had they they capability at the time and you were there to witness it.

The Disease : Ambition for Power
The Symptoms : Squalor, War, Subjugation

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Neo it doesn't matter who is in charge, I just want you to fully embrace this most accurate reality.

That has more to do with politic's, and ratings than anything else

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

That has more to do with politic's, and ratings than anything else

What do you mean by that? Mind elaborating a little?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

What do you mean by that? Mind elaborating a little?

Realities of the world is quite different than some people like to believe.the "protection" of this country is bigger than any one man most foreign policy decisions are really nothing more than self preservation of political careers.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by eLPresidente

In related news, Commander of the U.S.S. Cole criticizes Obama for his drone program, calling it ineffective for 'fighting terrorism'.

That bit was funny! He disagrees with drone program because he'd rather see targets captured, sent to secret prisons and tortured for information!

Not tortured, but the rest would elminate the majority civilian casualty rate I'd say.

Its illegal to use drones and murder anyone, and bypass due process of law.

And in 2016 if they're not gone we need to sit, meditate them all to implode and all their negative technology, for we truly have that power metaphsyically speaking, but otherwise good target practice.

edit on 11-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

All we gotta do now to keep it going is to keep posting about how insane it is to support murder in such an indiscriminate and arbitrary video-game style desensitized way. Drone strikes on unarmed civilians. Gotta be kidding me. It's not even a debate. Should we stab ourselves in the face? Is that a legitimate debate too?

Yet in the end, don't all wars kill innocent civilians? Whether they're drone strikes, airplane bombings, helicopters, cruise missiles, laser weapons, nukes, etc... the human connection is still removed by the person who's pressing the kill button. It's not like arm to arm combat where you're looking at the enemy in the eye.

Military technology has removed any possible remorse and human connection when the trigger is pulled. Technology is heading in the direction where we'll be controlling robots on the battle field. In fact we already have some operating on the battlefield now.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Tw0Sides

Nice deflection really anything, but talking about innocents being killed by the current "commander n chief".

There was no deflection in that post.

He's making a good point. You sickos don't truly care how many civilians die. You only care about criticizing your opposition.
You're outraged about Obama. Not that civilians died.
What does that say about your character?

You know what happens when I criticize the wars and military and innocent people dying, without mentioning Obama? People like you, and republicans, berate me, call me unpatriotic, and other names.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Earlier you made a personal disclosure, and I commend you for that type of honesty and bravery.

Almost everyone was thinking that death worship crap at some point or another until they realized how badly they were misled into arbitrary recklessness.

But few will actually admit their own past mistakes or perceived faults.
That's putting you in the 1% automatically in my book.

Since you are so vital to the freedom of this nation (like any active citizen should be), that is why I continually try to pull you away from the so called 'cult of personality' aspects of debate. It becomes a weakness to winning arguments actually.

At any point that false party lines are drawn, or that cults of personality are invoked impractically, it sets up the political message for failure. It will automatically be sucked into the black hole of meaningless partisan bickering over meaningless aspects.

It also is used in the minds of party condemned as justification for the "frivolous nature of the oppositions pathetic claims", assuming all allegations are purely invented and contrived to make a cheap snipe at their party.

I am offering you the power increase your factor of control a debate exponentially and crush the opposition, but it has to be played 100% honestly and must stick to core philosophical principles.

I am not saying agree with me per se, or say what I say. I am revealing the truth about psychology and giving examples of how to apply strategy in debate. It's the upper hand and grants massive advantage.

Avoid the enemy's strength (cult of personality/party line rhetoric).
Focus on their weakness (core philosophy)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join