It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: Obama's drone program killing civilians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

The real question is, when is enough, enough?

I guarantee you, not until the people lose everything that they can use as a distraction to what is actually going on right under their noses, will they finally look at whats so painful to look at, and rise up to face it.

But not until everything they covet so much is taken from them.

Until then, they will accept whatever hand is chosen and given to them, with at most a grumbling.

Everyones heard "the most dangerous man is the one who has nothing left to lose", but no one really thinks about it in the context of society as the "man". As long as there is facebook, or TV, or easy access to mind numbing drugs (alcohol anyone?), or incessant sporting events; all things that do nothing but distract the individual from the serious issues of life, society will recognize it has "something" to lose by striving for something better, enter a fear based mindset, and be easily pacified by that fear of losing what meager distractions it already has, despite their hollow nature.

So when is enough, enough? It will be enough when the people have nothing left to lose. But as long the PTB keep providing those things the people cling to so desperately so they dont have to think about the truth, they will never rise up, they will never rebel, and no matter what is pushed on them, they will accept it, for fear of losing the insubstantial hollow pleasures that keep their minds off the despairing situation at hand.

Interestingly, the situation is only despairing when it is being willingly ignored, as it is now. If it was faced, it wouldnt be despairing, it would be bright and hopeful.

The people at their core, collectively, desire exactly the situation we are all stuck in.

edit on 4/11/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Indigo5

In related news, Commander of the U.S.S. Cole criticizes Obama for his drone program, calling it ineffective for 'fighting terrorism'.

That bit was funny! He disagrees with drone program because he'd rather see targets captured, sent to secret prisons and tortured for information!

In other words, our government is essentially one form of Nazism tyranny arguing against another form of Nazism tyranny on how best to brutalize humans.

Interesting indeed.

I appreciate the pacifism...but I remember 9-11 very well...last minute calls to loved ones as the building melted upon them, people leaping from the inferno choosing to die thier own way raather than burn to death...thousands...

If there is some eff-tard half away around the globe that is gleefully working hard to figure out a way to repeat that, I have no issue with our government hunting them down and turning them into pink mist.

If that makes me into a bad person, then so be it.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by eLPresidente

Why the Outrage ?
You think all those Bombs dropped on Iraq, killed only Bad People?

Grow up for Christ Sake, using your Fake Outrage for Civilians, for a Shot at the POTUS, is Disgusting.

Thanks but no thanks for your desperate attempt to sideline this major issue.

I was against drone warfare and killing innocent civilians before Obama was even elected, it is not a political ideology, it is common decency.

I think the one that needs to 'grow up' here, is you.
edit on 11-4-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

so...if a terrorist take up residence in a civilian home where there are innocent family members....he can hide all the weapons, bombs, other explosive devices, and any other terrorists he wants there, and you have no problem with that?

So, instead of Arresting Criminals and putting them on Trial for charges of criminal conduct, you prefer calling them "Terrorists" and using Drones to blow up house they may be hiding in despite the fact innocents could be there?

Freaking sick man. Vomit all over.
Please just move to China where this garbage is more accepted.

Opinions like this are 100% against EVERYTHING it means to be AMERICAN.
Due process, human rights, these are things we stand for!

I'll be damned if the govt and nazis undo that.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

In related news, Commander of the U.S.S. Cole criticizes Obama for his drone program, calling it ineffective for 'fighting terrorism'.

That bit was funny! He disagrees with drone program because he'd rather see targets captured, sent to secret prisons and tortured for information!

In other words, our government is essentially one form of Nazism tyranny arguing against another form of Nazism tyranny on how best to brutalize humans.

Interesting indeed.

I appreciate the pacifism...but I remember 9-11 very well...last minute calls to loved ones as the building melted upon them, people leaping from the inferno choosing to die thier own way raather than burn to death...thousands...

If there is some eff-tard half away around the globe that is gleefully working hard to figure out a way to repeat that, I have no issue with our government hunting them down and turning them into pink mist.

If that makes me into a bad person, then so be it.

Not a bad person no. Just a really ignorant and misled person.

First of all, on 911, the buildings didn't melt, they Exploded with force. Big difference.
You might want to check the videos of it again to see what I am talking about.
Melting is liquid that runs downwards, explosion is outward force to the sides.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe those efftards around the world want to attack us because we are already in their countries blowing up their neighborhood?

SO its cool we can go kill them, but the minute they even think about possibly fighting against us, all bets are off it's drone assassination time?

How about we just leave their countries and stop meddling? That eliminates the motivation for the counter-attacks anyways.
edit on 11-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

And if you believe that crap about Osama Bin Laden, you must believe everything the TV tells you. Too bad there isn't one single shred of evidence it's true. But believe in fantasies and complete BS all you want. I won't stop you.

I have a brother who worked air support in Afghanistan for the operation and a close friend who was DEVGRU at the time and is close with the team members who went to Abbottabad. That is the Gods honest truth...OBL is dead...but enjoy whatever wacked out fantasy you have going on.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
What ever happened to self - control?

Can not anyone control their anger and hatred?
Can not anyone control their violent tendencies?
Can not anyone stop foaming at the mouth for a moment?

Just because the TV told you the boogie man is out there, doesn't mean you have to believe it.
Just because the TV says we should want death and killing, doesn't mean you should give up your human dignity.

Please stop allowing your petty emotions to control your views.
Think rationally.

Is murder for political reasons acceptable?
NO!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Did it ever occur to you that maybe those efftards around the world want to attack us because we are already in their countries blowing up their neighborhood?

How about we just leave their countries and stop meddling? That eliminates the motivation for the counter-attacks anyways.
Kinda Funny, I say Similar things to your Quoted Sentences. and get called a Troll.

But Kudo's Muzzle, you nailed it.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

And if you believe that crap about Osama Bin Laden, you must believe everything the TV tells you. Too bad there isn't one single shred of evidence it's true. But believe in fantasies and complete BS all you want. I won't stop you.

I have a brother who worked air support in Afghanistan for the operation and a close friend who was DEVGRU at the time and is close with the team members who went to Abbottabad. That is the Gods honest truth...OBL is dead...but enjoy whatever wacked out fantasy you have going on.

I don't believe anything, it's you who is the believer in fantasy.

You have no valid source, unnamed sources are GARBAGE.
You are lying 100%.
Prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Im really really suprised you havent been banned off this site yet for your obvious trollery.
reply to post by Common Good

Please, are you serious? There isn't a day that goes by without seeing an Obama bashing thread. That is clearly trolling. I'm not saying some of the Obama bashing threads are not justified, but when I see threads that will find any possible way to blame Obama, that my friend is trolling.

I think the comment of the bombing of Iraq and killing innocent civilians was a reasonable point. Having said that, two wrongs don't make a right. Let's also keep in mind that the Talibon hide in the middle of civilian populations. They know exactly what they're doing. They know how to create negative publicity and American outrage against drone attacks. Some, but not all of these civilians who are killed are Talibon supporters or family members which include their children.

If you're against the drone attacks, you should also be against the entire war in Afghanistan because it's not just drones that have killed children and innocent people. You're cherry picking.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Let's also keep in mind that the Talibon hide in the middle of civilian populations. They know exactly what they're doing.

Because the Taliban IS the Civilian Population!!!

Holy Crap!! How do you not know this???

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You are lying 100%.
Prove me wrong.

I could not care less what you believe. Why on earth should I? I spoke truth...you can stick to your 9-11 conspriracy crap and how OBL is alive yada yada. Who cares?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You are lying 100%.
Prove me wrong.

I could not care less what you believe. Why on earth should I? I spoke truth...you can stick to your 9-11 conspriracy crap and how OBL is alive yada yada. Who cares?

I never claimed OBL was alive.
Are you purposely making up stuff and trying to twist things?

What is your real agenda here?

Why are you lying about having inside sources ?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Bush Docterine...Pick a country...Bomb...bomb some more....invade...occupy.

Obama Docterine...Target leaders of terrorist organizations plotting to attack US civilians.

Which do you think has cost fewer civilian deaths?

Fewer American deaths...boots on the ground or drones?

Who found Osama Bin Laden?

Just sayin.......In a dangerous world I pick the Obama Docterine...where terrorists get killed vs. countires obliterated and occupied.

Too funny who picked Libya,Yemen,Somalia,Pakistan,Syria ?

Who found Bin :Laden?

Bush did cause he died in 2001.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Kinda Funny, I say Similar things to your Quoted Sentences. and get called a Troll.

But Kudo's Muzzle, you nailed it.

Oh I've been called everything , and even got death threats (hollow ones) for my posts before.
Just ignore that crap and say whatever it is you want to say.

Dont ever allow intimidation or ridicule to stop you from speaking.
But if you find out you were wrong, accept that and move on. Add the new info in, update the database, and adapt.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

To think, you expect us to believe you have all this inside source and info about military operations.

But at the same time, you thought there was actually a "Bush Doctrine" and a "Obama Doctrine" and applied totally arbitrary random aspects to it (which isn't factual or realistic at all).

I even informed you of what the real military doctrine of the USA military is.
Full Spectrum Operations/Warfare.

You would have known this most basic information and would not have went off the deep end making up fantasy political points , had you any REAL sources.

link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by eLPresidente

Why the Outrage ?
You think all those Bombs dropped on Iraq, killed only Bad People?

Grow up for Christ Sake, using your Fake Outrage for Civilians, for a Shot at the POTUS, is Disgusting.

Thanks but no thanks for your desperate attempt to sideline this major issue.

I was against drone warfare and killing innocent civilians before Obama was even elected, it is not a political ideology, it is common decency.

I think the one that needs to 'grow up' here, is you.

so...if a terrorist take up residence in a civilian home where there are innocent family members....he can hide all the weapons, bombs, other explosive devices, and any other terrorists he wants there, and you have no problem with that?

It is so amazing the lengths some people will go to advocate for Obama, even if it means going back on the very policies he was elected on in 2008 and justifying murder like the Republicans did for Bush.

No, you don't just leave the 'terrorist' alone, given your scenario. The point is if you have the evidence that the terrorist is about to strike or cause harm to anybody, and enough evidence to drone strike him, you have enough evidence to try that terrorist and PICK HIM UP. What, we have enough money for thousand dollar screws for Haliburton and mentally/physically drain our soldiers and drive them to suicide through fake war syndrome but you REFUSE to send them into pick up ACTUAL TERRORIST to avoid the deaths of innocent people? Talk about STRAIGHT UP HYPOCRISY. Collateral damage is not ok, once you give that up, you give up your morality AND humanity.

Are you willing to sacrifice your humanity just to say you are still an avid Obama supporter? please...

Some people just can't stand to see that Obama is the complete opposite of what they were sold he was.

link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Im really really suprised you havent been banned off this site yet for your obvious trollery.

Please, are you serious? There isn't a day that goes by without seeing an Obama bashing thread. That is clearly trolling. I'm not saying some of the Obama bashing threads are not justified, but when I see threads that will find any possible way to blame Obama, that my friend is trolling.

I think the comment of the bombing of Iraq and killing innocent civilians was a reasonable point. Having said that, two wrongs don't make a right. Let's also keep in mind that the Talibon hide in the middle of civilian populations. They know exactly what they're doing. They know how to create negative publicity and American outrage against drone attacks. Some, but not all of these civilians who are killed are Talibon supporters or family members which include their children.

If you're against the drone attacks, you should also be against the entire war in Afghanistan because it's not just drones that have killed children and innocent people. You're cherry picking.

"Grow up for Christ Sake, using your Fake Outrage for Civilians, for a Shot at the POTUS, is Disgusting."

You going to sit there and tell me that is not trolling?

And Obama deserves all the criticism in the world when he is the one at the helm making stupid decisions.

When something happens on his watch- hes going to get called out on it. END OF STORY.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Great back and forth so far in this debate, kinda reminds me of this video.

m.youtube.com...

Can't wait to see how this thread plays out.

Pladuim

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Trolls, it's subjective and an opinion usually. (Not always hah).

But to me a troll is anyone who supports murder and destruction.
Who wants to spread the cult of personality and obedience to any corrupt authority.

They troll me by merely opening their mouths.
But then again, I am here to educate those specific individuals.

So I try to avoid calling them anything, an just lay into them with some hard core arguments. Of which are the best form of attack on lies and hate.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Because the Taliban IS the Civilian Population!!! Holy Crap!! How do you not know this???
reply to post by muzzleflash

Not all Taliban are affiliated with the Afghan Taliban movement. When I mentioned civilian populations, I should have said the population that doesn't affiliate itself with the Taliban led by Mullah Omar. I stand corrected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join