It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: Obama's drone program killing civilians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Obviously it is no surprise that civilians die in US drone strikes. The real question is, when is enough, enough? As more and more people find out about this horrible drone program that is shrouded in secrecy and kills a lot more civilians than terrorists, will the anti-war/anti-drone movement rise again?

In related news, Commander of the U.S.S. Cole criticizes Obama for his drone program, calling it ineffective for 'fighting terrorism'. Mind you, I don't necessarily agree with this Commander on what tactic works to limit terrorism, I have my own thoughts on that, for another thread.

dailycaller.com...

“Because this president [Obama], in my opinion, has fundamentally undermined our ability to defend this nation by killing terrorists rather than capturing them and taking them to an intelligence facility like Guantanamo Bay and learning how these groups operate,” Lippold added. “And while the program appears on the face to have had great success, I think ultimately the drone program is setting us up for failure because for each high-level terrorist you kill, that is a high-level intelligence asset that is no longer available to exploit.”

“When it comes to defense, I think Rand Paul is representing a new form of Republican leadership that is basically looking at what are — that really asks — the hard question: What are our national security interests in getting engaged in any nation, and what is the best way to go about doing it?” Lippold said.

edit on 11-4-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Why the Outrage ?
You think all those Bombs dropped on Iraq, killed only Bad People?

Grow up for Christ Sake, using your Fake Outrage for Civilians, for a Shot at the POTUS, is Disgusting.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Nice deflection really anything, but talking about innocents being killed by the current "commander n chief".

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Why the Outrage ?

Grow up for Christ Sake, using your Fake Outrage for Civilians, for a Shot at the POTUS, is Disgusting.

Thanks but no thanks for your desperate attempt to sideline this major issue.

I was against drone warfare and killing innocent civilians before Obama was even elected, it is not a political ideology, it is common decency.

I think the one that needs to 'grow up' here, is you.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Why the Outrage ?

So where did the OP say it was OK to bomb Iraq????

Considering Obama got a Nobel peace prize, I would say that any outrage over him continuing the same policies of Bush should be enough????

But continue,,,,it is a comedy to watch the defenders of the current POTUS, make him look like the criminal he really is!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Why the Outrage ?

So where did the OP say it was OK to bomb Iraq????

Considering Obama got a Nobel peace prize, I would say that any outrage over him continuing the same policies of Bush should be enough????

But continue,,,,it is a comedy to watch the defenders of the current POTUS, make him look like the criminal he really is!

No, blasphemy! Didn't you hear tw0sides? apparently any critic of the almighty POTUS needs to grow up.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
this major issue.

Next?
Major Issue ?
You act like you discovered Sliced Bread.
Major Issue, thats funny.
Drones are the Future of Warfare for all Countries, even for Policing our Own Country.
You want to do some 'Major" dude?
Protest the Actual Acts of Aggression our country does, not How they do them.

But relax, you'll get your Bash-Obama thread soon enough.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

this major issue.

Next?

Drones are the Future of Warfare for all Countries, even for Policing our Own Country.

Wait, are you using that to advocate for the murder of innocent civilians?

Any president that orders the execution of innocent people through a secretive legal/political counsel should be exposed, you seem to want to protect them (or just one, the almighty O?).

No president should be protected from criticism, no matter their color, faith, or political affiliation. I'm not here to play favorites, ARE YOU?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

No president should be protected from criticism, no matter their color, faith, or political affiliation. I'm not here to play favorites, ARE YOU?
No, Im in a Bash-Obama thread trying to insert common sense.
Are You?

Let me ask you a Question my friend...
Do you think in 2016, With a GOP POTUS, these drones will be done away with?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Im really really suprised you havent been banned off this site yet for your obvious trollery.

From the outside looking in- you look really pathetic in your attempts to protect this presidents image eventhough he has authorized these strikes that happen to kill innocents.

Would you be so much of a troll if it was Bush? No...you would be calling for his head on a silver plate.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

In related news, Commander of the U.S.S. Cole criticizes Obama for his drone program, calling it ineffective for 'fighting terrorism'.

That bit was funny! He disagrees with drone program because he'd rather see targets captured, sent to secret prisons and tortured for information!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Im really really suprised you havent been banned off this site yet for your obvious trollery.
Funny, you are.
Because I look at the Bigger Picture, and dont join your Circle Group, you call me a troll.
My point in this thread, is that REGARDLESS of who sits in the WH..Drones are here to Stay.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Obama is a puppet who cares if it's him or Bozo the clown.

Anyone that uses government to kill innocents is a TYRANT.
And needs to be stripped of power and placed in prison, where murderers belong.

I am on the side of Freedom and Human Rights.

I oppose all murderers, thieves, and rapists.(AKA Tyrants)
edit on 11-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Funny, you are.
Because I look at the Bigger Picture, and dont join your Circle Group, you call me a troll.
My point in this thread, is that REGARDLESS of who sits in the WH..Drones are here to Stay.

No one is saying Drone technology should be banned.

People just think it's wrong for the Govt to use drones to murder people and spy on innocent citizens in their own freaking country.

Well most people. The pro-murder crowd loves them. Especially since they can be hacked by rogues.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

No- you dont have any valid points. Your point is that its Ok for Obama to do whatever he wants.

Thats all your point ever is.

Get off the squirrels nuts.

edit-

And btw- it just seems like a circle because you are always the one who has something stupid to say while everyone else uses their brains.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Bush Docterine...Pick a country...Bomb...bomb some more....invade...occupy.

Obama Docterine...Target leaders of terrorist organizations plotting to attack US civilians.

Which do you think has cost fewer civilian deaths?

Fewer American deaths...boots on the ground or drones?

Who found Osama Bin Laden?

Just sayin.......In a dangerous world I pick the Obama Docterine...where terrorists get killed vs. countires obliterated and occupied.

link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

In related news, Commander of the U.S.S. Cole criticizes Obama for his drone program, calling it ineffective for 'fighting terrorism'.

That bit was funny! He disagrees with drone program because he'd rather see targets captured, sent to secret prisons and tortured for information!

In other words, our government is essentially one form of Nazism tyranny arguing against another form of Nazism tyranny on how best to brutalize humans.

Interesting indeed.

link   

Why the Outrage ?

Thanks but no thanks for your desperate attempt to sideline this major issue.

I was against drone warfare and killing innocent civilians before Obama was even elected, it is not a political ideology, it is common decency.

I think the one that needs to 'grow up' here, is you.

so...if a terrorist take up residence in a civilian home where there are innocent family members....he can hide all the weapons, bombs, other explosive devices, and any other terrorists he wants there, and you have no problem with that?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Good day sir.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Bush Docterine...Pick a country...Bomb...bomb some more....invade...occupy.

Obama Docterine...Target leaders of terrorist organizations plotting to attack US civilians.

Which do you think has cost fewer civilian deaths?

Fewer American deaths...boots on the ground or drones?

Who found Osama Bin Laden?

Just sayin.......In a dangerous world I pick the Obama Docterine...where terrorists get killed vs. countires obliterated and occupied.

There is no Obama or Bush Doctrine, there is only Military Doctrines that have nothing to do with Presidents.

The current US Military doctrine is called "Full Spectrum Operations/Warfare". No matter who is president, this doctrine will be in effect.

And if you believe that crap about Osama Bin Laden, you must believe everything the TV tells you. Too bad there isn't one single shred of evidence it's true. But believe in fantasies and complete BS all you want. I won't stop you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join