It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Darwin award goes to??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
cnews.canoe.ca...

been in the process of responding to a text message from a friend when he veered into the lane of oncoming traffic.

I did not use the exact title in this article.
The article is titled " Fatal text message 'seeya soon' released
Family hopes tragedy will prevent similar"

Are people that stupid that they text while driving and we have to pretend its a tragedy he got killed??
When i am in a car and people start doing dumb crap like that,I get scared.
Why be so freaking dumb?
You are operating a massive vehicle that could kill people and yet you are being this dumb???

I don't want to say I am happy about this outcome but am happy that HOPEFULLY others will quit being dummies and knock this crap off.

You text on your phone and end up dead and its a tragedy??
No...its stupidity....he gets the Darwin award and not an ounce of my sympathy.

I don't text and hate all this useless crap,if you REALLY need that crap....don't do it while driving,you might kill others as well as yourself.

I bet the grim reaper was looking at his dumb ass and saying...."see ya soon"
edit on 11-4-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Problem is Drums.. that Idiots Texting while Driving, are putting Your Life in Danger.
It should be Policed More, and the Guilty charged with Dangerous Driving.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I totally agree.
I saw the police doing a blitz on this in my area and I was more then happy about it.
In one sting they dressed as homeless people to catch them.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It is extremely dumb behaviour. I just do not get such people.It is not only them, but also others who are at risk.

Although, speaking from the point of Darwin Awards, there are even dumber people: couple having sex rolling down the roof, burglars trying to dynamite the ATM, welding a gas tanker

www.darwinawards.com...

These guys were lucky to live on:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-4-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i secretly wish my friends that do dumb # like this would just crash already and learn

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You're correct. We should take responsibility while we drive. In case we hurt ourselves or others. Too many people text or talk on the phone and they do not concentrate while they drive their car.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

edit on 11-4-2013 by Phoenix267 because: Double Post sorry

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Speaking on Darwin awards,most people can't even walk down the street with their heads looking around....too busy with the "smart" phone while being dummies who can't even walk down the street without staring down at their damn phones while ignoring other people walking.

I shoulder check those idiots.

Is this really the best society can do....making dummies with technology????

Smart phones and dumb people.....what can we do??
edit on 11-4-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
A new article came out today so i am going to link it here.

TOP CRASH ODDS: Text messaging (or texting) on a cell phone — 23 times more likely Talking on a cell phone — 4 to 5 times more likely Reading — 3 times more likely Applying makeup — 3 times more likely Reaching for a moving object — 9 times more likely Dialing on a hand-held device — 3 times more likely Talking or listening on a hand-held device — 1.3 times more likely

www.ottawasun.com...

You could kill someone,use your brain.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Really you would shouldercheck me for perceiving you as an object that i do not want to collide with that i will probably never see again?

I totally agree on focussing while driving that is another subject. But shoulderchecking someone who isn't focused on you doesn't make you any smarter then dumb people.

But what can I say I'm just a dumbass.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I wouldn´t say this deserves a darwin award. I am sure there are hundreds if not thousands of accidents worldwide every year (not necessarily fatal ones though) involving smart phones.

It´s just a hunch, but I would bet money on that.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

If you can't watch where you are walking then YES...I will shoulder check you.
Look where you are going...there are others out there besides just you.
If people are willing to walk into me like i am not there because they are busy with their phones.....then you deserve it.

Smart phones,dumb people.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by Phoenix267

Is this really the best society can do....making dummies with technology????

Smart phones and dumb people.....what can we do??

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
D'oh! Double post!

edit on 4/15/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I dont feel like going too much off topic (darwin award) but just because i dont look at you doesnt mean im not aware. Seriously i dont have eyecontact with trashcans either but i dont collide with them. I understand you stand firm when someone collides with you, but that is a collision.

Someone can easily be aware of his/her surroundings without constantly showing "hey im looking at you". We share space that is all. So a question. You got a problem with dark sunglasses too? You cant see if the wearer sees you.

Notconstantly watching around only needs watching ahead to be sufficient

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hate to say it, but the majority of folks I see texting and driving are women.
--Or at least talking on the phone.
(swerving all over the road too)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Well they always tell me they can multitask and I learned not to argue about that. Would you?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
reply to post by resoe26

Well they always tell me they can multitask and I learned not to argue about that. Would you?

Depends on what they are multitasking.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If You see...a couple arguing or driver not focusing on road due to the passenger or when a moron looks down too often, aka texting.

You get the fudge out of there, either over take him and leave a large gap or change lane.

So many cars come with text message option on them, its much easier now a days. You can read on the dashboard as well as you can send pre-set replies like...

*I am driving"
"will be home in X Mins"
"Yes" "No"
"Location X"

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Another Darwin award winner here.

A 20-year-old was so distracted by her cellphone that she fell between metro cars in Montreal last Friday morning and was crushed to death,

Metro video surveillance footage shows Dumont looking down at her cellphone and walking into the gap between two cars.

cnews.canoe.ca...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join