It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA is NOW at Defcon 3 - Help me confirm please.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You wrote...

Not necessarily - it could be just telling the public that they are expecting and preparing for such and such to happen or have good reason to believe that such and such will happen - something the citizens should know about. I wouldn't expect them to announce their defensive intentions in any detail.

Considering our Governments track record on keeping us, the public, correctly informed of anything...leaves your argument on thin ice.....

Des

edit on 11-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
O'course, if you're on SIPRnet, all you've got to do is go to the DRRS site.

It's not that you can't find out. You can find out in gory detail - it's not like you have to be in NORAD HQ to see it. But only the ATSers that are on base or contractors with SIPRnet access have access to it. So if ol' Hal had some buddy with SIPRnet, and there's piles of people that do, it wouldn't be tough to relay that info to that website.

You pretty much get DRRS just for the asking, it's not like it's need to know, it's not even TS. Now, at one time, there was a feed that everyone called the "Global News Network", they had talking heads and everything, that came out of NSA. Looked like a sort of amateur CNN, but the news was fascinating. At least if you were into that sort of thing.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I just noticed this on the page.. I didn't see this before when i started using the desktop gadget

The DEFCON Warning System is a private enterprise which monitors world events and assesses nuclear threats against the United States by national entities. It is not affiliated with any government agency and does not represent the alert status of any military branch.
( sorry about that.. is my face red
)

I suppose we will just have to watch the news for any official briefings on the status. But now it is interesting in that this website, watched by thousands of people seems to have some info that makes them think the situation now is worse than it was this morning.. enough to warrant the change.. i wonder what they are thinking.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Yep, we're at 3 right now.

You might want to look for another test or a missile launch...shortly. Maybe within 3 days or so.

eta: watch the base gate security levels near you. You should see rifles on the gate now, in some places the guardies will swap out with Marines.

When comparing Iraq to our current situation I am left only with confusion. We THOUGHT Iraq had WMD's, so we bombed the hell out of em. Here we have NK trying to put a nuclear warhead on a ballistic missile, and

we're waiting.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I know our governments transparency has sucked more of late than in years past but I would hope if they seriously thought we were heading for war, they would tell us.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I think there should be a government site that does give all the lertcon status's in real time

A serious question,

Why do you want that information??

Let me explain to you why you don’t have it.

You don’t have it because it affects the movements of troops and assists in potential theatre of war including nuclear weapons, think about how different little kimmy might be acting if he thought that America was at DEFCON 3 and had nuclear armed bombers ready to go. The public don’t need this type of information, DEFCON is not really a predictor of a nuclear attack rather it is a response to an increase in a the perceived threat and the difference while subtle is important. The final problem is it would cause mass panic, think about how much more panic there would have been on 9/11 if America found out that they had went to DEFON 3 and been told to stand by for DEFCON 2, meaning nuclear war was very close.

Like I say just some stuff we don’t need to know, no matter how curious we might be about it.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
O'course, if you're on SIPRnet, all you've got to do is go to the DRRS site.

It's not that you can't find out. You can find out in gory detail - it's not like you have to be in NORAD HQ to see it. But only the ATSers that are on base or contractors with SIPRnet access have access to it.

You pretty much get DRRS just for the asking, it's not like it's need to know, it's not even TS. Now, at one time, there was a feed that everyone called the "Global News Network", they had talking heads and everything, that came out of NSA. Looked like a sort of amateur CNN, but the news was fascinating. At least if you were into that sort of thing.

Yeah.. I want That. Hook me up with That. Perhaps someone who can do that can make a running thread with updates.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sorry but I WANT to be informed. I believe We The People deserve to know certain things. I would not expect them to announce things that would cause problems for defense operations But the American People deserve to Know what the government they HIRED is doing or at least planning to do behind our backs. Panic? Hell yes, I'd rather see panic in the streets then find out later that we are at war with N Korea or someone else and that bombs are likely heading this way. To leave the American people holding the bag until after the fact is very irresponsible. They could give us a heads up ya know.. too much to ask for the people We elected to protect us - I don't think so.

I see your from the UK.. I don't know how much you understand about 'We The People' and 'Of the People By the People'. We hired our government not to represent their own interests, but our interests. Our government is supposed to Only have the power We give them. The government is the Puppet of The People. This is how I can ask that our government give us something to go on. ( I'm not trying to give you a hard time.. just that our thinking may be different because our systems are different - god knows i don't understand the Monarchy or workings of Parliament) I don't want just the defcon status, but all the Lertcon status's, FPCON Force Protection Condition, INFOCON Information Operations Condition, and REDCON Readiness Condition. These will give indications to the citizens about what is going on without spilling acute details. They are alerts and general warnings. I do not think these would cause great panic. I do not think this would give the enemy an edge since nothing classified need to know militarily would be displayed.
edit on 11-4-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I want to know as well, out of curiosity, I have been searching daily for official or leaked information about DEFCON levels.

Do I need to know, not really.

But I can totally get why one would want to know.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

The base I work at always has marines , and when I go to puget naval yard its just regular guards . As of today I have noticed no extra security . Not even on the boats , all is calm peeps

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by letseeit7

You'll even see places like Keesler raising gate security levels at a 3. If there's no real changes going on, then Hal must not be getting his info from SIPRnet. Redstone goes to FPCON Bravo Plus or Charlie for a Defcon 3, depending on what's on the base at the time.

It's sort of loosely tied to the defcon, the base commander sets it on the recommendation of NORTHCOM, but it does relate.

ETA: While I'd rather this thread were in RATS, (peeks around), the current FPCON recommendation out of Northcom is alpha. Interpret that as you will.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This site has us at Defcon 2
vfas524.tripod.com...

I googled VFAS-524 and got this
vfas524.tripod.com...

and this
vfas524.tripod.com...

WHAATT???

edit on 11-4-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
okay, I now found this

The South Korea-US Combined Forces Command raised its “Watchcon” status from 3 to 2 to reflect indications of a “vital threat”, Yonhap news agency said, citing a senior military official.

www.globalresearch.ca...

There are four WATCHCON stages.[2]
WATCHCON 4 is in effect during normal peacetime.
WATCHCON 3 is in effect amidst indications of an important threat.
WATCHCON 2 is in effect amidst indications of a vital threat.
WATCHCON 1 is in effect during wartime.

WATCHCON (Watch Condition)[1] is an alert state system used by and coordinated between the South Korean armed forces and United States Department of Defense to measure reconnaissance posture, utilized often in matters concerning North Korea.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm thinking things are heating up a bit more...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Looks like a series of pages for some sort of Video game guild.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Defcon 3 was last in place the days after 9/11

Air Force is ready to mobilize in 15 minutes

Or with sequester, 2/3 of the Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

It is super scary! I just went to the store and picked up a bunch of supplies just in case. My husband thinks I'm pretty hilarious but if we hit a level 2 there's not going to be much left at the store. Lol.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Interesting terms they use:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Take heart, Uncle Sammy still has all the bases at FPCON alpha, just a twitch over no big deal. If we were at defcon 3, you'd see bravo + or charlie.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

NO. If we were in defcon 2 I would have been pulled off from my leave a day ago. I PCS'd from SK a while ago and the term "face paced" means 100% manning accountability and report to work centers.

Futhermore, take a hard look at the site. It's a '.com' source, so it's not coming from a government source and the amount of ads to keep this site up and running is ridiculous, it's far from a reliable source. DEFCON# is considered sensitive. So unless it's verbally said to the public by a ranking offical of the House, we would be in Alpha. However, I'm more than certain we have stricter measures implemented.

On a another note, I did a google search for Russia and North Korea and found this
LINK

Earlier on April 10, South Korea and the United States reportedly raised their joint military surveillance alert level, amid indications that North Korea could be preparing for a missile test.

But honestly, who knows what the level is at? Regardless, we (U.S.) have NK under constant survelliance, so it's not like we would be blind-sided for an attack and not prepard to respond.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who works security at a major port here in the U.S. It is his job to know if something is imminent. He said that if we were at defcon 3, he would have been notified so that they can begin the procedures of certain areas being locked down. He also said that even he is not given information unless it is necessary and that this web site (which he is aware of) is not accurate. I hope that helps.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join