The USA is NOW at Defcon 3 - Help me confirm please.

page: 1
3
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
There have beeen a few threads lately talking about N. Korea and the status of our nations military and our alert and readiness status. I have an app on my desktop that tell me for the first time in years.. we Just NOW went from Defcon 4 to 3.

I was shocked to see this happen. Can anyone help me confirm this? This is the site I use and it's desktop gadget. defconwarningsystem.com...




posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Why is it so surprising that given the current climate they went from 4-3? Both the description below and the readiness state seem about right with NK acting the way it is currently.


Defense condition
DEFCON 3

Exercise term
ROUND HOUSE

Description
Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness

Readiness
Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes
edit on 11-4-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
defconwarningsystem.com...

There may be more reliable places to go to to see what we're at, but that says 3.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'll repeat again...

First: defcon is not "general", something may be at 3 other thing may be at 4 and some other thing at 2...
Second: Defcon status is not publicly released in real time. This is not hollywood.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yep, that website says we're at 3 right now.

You might want to look for another test or a missile launch...shortly. Maybe within 3 days or so.

eta: watch the base gate security levels near you. You should see rifles on the gate now, in some places the guardies will swap out with Marines.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Defcon 3 was last in place the days after 9/11

Air Force is ready to mobilize in 15 minutes



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Defcon 3 status means an,

Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness, And that the - Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes.
en.wikipedia.org...

Defcon 2 is:

Next step to nuclear war Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours


and Defcon 1 is

Nuclear war is imminent Maximum readiness
- which is pretty scary.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am not trying to be an alarmist. i am only trying to asertain if this is true. it could mean the Government is taking this N. Korea thing way more seriously than many people think. If true, we need to prepare - just in case.

Edit: wow you guys were fast. LOL.. Thanks..
edit on 11-4-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: addition



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It is certainly not an official site - privately owned and WHOIS dead ends at a hosting service... but the links to Hal Lindsey at the bottom concern me. He is a former televangelist who makes his living by writing doomsday and apocalypse styled prophecies.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Defcon 3 status means an,

Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness, And that the - Air Force ready to mobilize in 15 minutes.
en.wikipedia.org...

Defcon 2 is:

Next step to nuclear war Armed Forces ready to deploy and engage in less than 6 hours


and Defcon 1 is

Nuclear war is imminent Maximum readiness
- which is pretty scary.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am not trying to be an alarmist. i am only trying to asertain if this is true. it could mean the Government is taking this N. Korea thing way more seriously than many people think. If true, we need to prepare - just in case.



As scary as that may be, I would like to see some sort of conformation on this sites reliability, it doesnt look very... "official".



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

It is certainly not an official site - privately owned and WHOIS dead ends at a hosting service... but the links to Hal Lindsey at the bottom concern me. He is a former televangelist who makes his living by writing doomsday and apocalypse styled prophecies.



Thank you for checking, I was about to do that myself. I wouldn't give this much thought until something official comes out.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
I'll repeat again...

First: defcon is not "general", something may be at 3 other thing may be at 4 and some other thing at 2...
Second: Defcon status is not publicly released in real time. This is not hollywood.


Yeah I know.. the Defcon status is just one of many under the heading Lertcon which also include

DEFCONs are a subsystem of a series of Alert Conditions, or LERTCONs, that also includes Emergency Conditions (EMERGCONs).[3] DEFCONs should not be confused with similar systems used by the U.S. military, such as Force Protection Conditions (FPCONS), Readiness Conditions (REDCONS), Information Operations Condition (INFOCON) and its future replacement Cyber Operations Condition (CYBERCON),[4] and Watch Conditions (WATCHCONS), or the former Homeland Security Advisory System used by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
They all have slightly different meanings by specific definitions.
en.wikipedia.org... and Lertcon source here: en.wikipedia.org...

I'd like a webpage that is able to update all of the Lertcon's in as real time as possible, but i cannot find any site like that.

Edit: yeah Hefficide, I have looked and looked but cant find any official site at all save for a dod website that says we are on yellow alert status.. same status as homeland Security.
edit on 11-4-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: addition



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

It is certainly not an official site - privately owned and WHOIS dead ends at a hosting service... but the links to Hal Lindsey at the bottom concern me. He is a former televangelist who makes his living by writing doomsday and apocalypse styled prophecies.


Hey, that makes him an expert, he's written BOOKS on the subject.

Anyway, a good rule of thumb is, they'll change the gate security level on base at level 3. So if it's a real 3, you ought to see some activity you normally don't. That's given that there isn't something going on at the base. You could tell the DEFCON like clockwork at Redstone. Or if they had nukes on base.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


lol... since when a minimum alert color is blue? Way to go wikipedia.

The defcon or fpcon is like this ( including civilian defcon/fpcon color code):

5 - Norma - Green
4 - Alpha - Blue
3 - Bravo - Yellow
2 - Charlie - Orange
1 - Delta - Red



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix
 


Your linked site has no connection with the US military. It is a for-profit site registered to a web hosting outfit in San Luis Obispo, CA. The American military does not advertise its defense condition. The web site tries to scare people into buying stuff like radiation meters from them.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The official “Defence readiness condition” level is kept secret and as such is not in the public domain the website that the OP is using while very good is making a guess so sorry OP nobody can confirm this for you without breaking confidentiality agreements concerned with national security. My understanding is that this is because DEFCON levels dictate military movements and the status of nuclear weapons and also so as to not unnecessarily panic the public.

I believe that right now America must be at DEFCON 4 purely because while really there isn’t much chance of nuclear war breaking out, North Korea does raise the threat making it above normal and I would expect American forces to be at a above level of readiness in taking that into account. Right now I don’t see any need for DEFCON 3 unless North Korea makes a serious move.

Even at that however for most of the cold war it is said America was at DEFCON 4 and went to level 2 during the Cuban missile crisis and there was no nuclear war.


edit on 11-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam
 


I am assuming you misunderstood my intent. My concern is not that Mr Lindsey would be accurate in any predictions, rather that he would have an agenda for fostering panic and fear and that anything even remotely associated with or connected to him should be taken with a very large grain of salt.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Guys.. i did know the site I'm using is not a government site - I also dont know how this guy updates the site with these conditions - But I know this site has been around for a long time. That's why I'm asking what others have heard.

I remember the news saying the defcon status has changed in the past.. even white house briefings on TV when the status changed.. but this hasn't been done in years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think there should be a government site that does give all the lertcon status's in real time - I think it's important for the citizens to know this and the Government is derelict in it's duty to it's citizens by not displaying this information.

In any event this desktop gadget is a Trip. when the status changed, a loud fog horn sounded and a box popped up saying the status has changed. Thats the kind of app we need for all these alerts.
edit on 11-4-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Guys.. i did know the site I'm using is not a government site - I also dont know how this guy updates the site with these conditions - But I know this site has been around for a long time. That's why I'm asking what others have heard.

I remember the news saying the defcon status has changed in the past.. even white house briefings on TV when the status changed.. but this hasn't been done in years.


I know your intentions are good. But, as has been stated by others. Our Government is not going to publicly announce actual status on a public site.

That would be like letting your enemy know your next move in advance....

Des



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Bedlam
 


I am assuming you misunderstood my intent. My concern is not that Mr Lindsey would be accurate in any predictions, rather that he would have an agenda for fostering panic and fear and that anything even remotely associated with or connected to him should be taken with a very large grain of salt.



I was being sarcastic. Alas.

However, if you don't see changes in gate readiness at this level, then that site's info is likely to be bovine scat. It's one of those little tells, like going to the PX and looking for whose uniform insignia is in the display rack. AAFES gets posting data that's classified, and puts the right uniform bits out for the visitors. So if you want to know if there's a SEAL team or SF team on base, and which it is, you can just check the uniform paraphernalia rack.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I know your intentions are good. But, as has been stated by others. Our Government is not going to publicly announce actual status on a public site.

That would be like letting your enemy know your next move in advance....

Des


Not necessarily - it could be just telling the public that they are expecting and preparing for such and such to happen or have good reason to believe that such and such will happen - something the citizens should know about. I wouldn't expect them to announce their defensive intentions in any detail.





top topics
 
3
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join