It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is There No UN Security Council Meeting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
At the G8 today even Russia has confirmed it is fed up with North Korea and there was a uniamlous condemnation of North Korea by G8. Why then is the world not saying sod this we are going to meet at the UN and make one of those rare unified agreements to sort out North Korea for once and all? ie send in the UN into North Korea and do a for once justified regime change.

How much longer must the world be blackmailed emotionally and physically (missile launches and nuke tests) by this evil that stains the Korean pennisula? Just where does the line get drawn in the sand? Surely Iran is taking notes.....

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Mere speculation:

A) There really is no threat.

B) World leaders want a war.

This could all be averted, if the sanctions starving the Korean people get lifted.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by shefskitchen

This could all be averted, if the sanctions starving the Korean people get lifted.

So give into a bully?

This is a regium so brutel in its treatment of its population that it would make Hitler cringe! Do people only care if its jews that are put into concentration camps and totured to death, other people are free game?

Surely it is better to take this rouge and amoral state out now than wait another 20 years when they will have effective IBCM that can threaten the world, which of course will lead to more blackmail!

edit on 11-4-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
They already did at the begining of the month, it was China voting to condem North Koreas action that pissed the north off even more.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by shefskitchen

Mere speculation:
A) There really is no threat.
B) World leaders want a war.

I'll pick A...There really is no threat.
I must admit it is starting to get boring but the Norths strop will probably continue until the Joint training exercises between the U.S and the south Finish .

Its the anniversary of Kim Il-sung's birth on April 15 so I expect that's when they will launch a rocket test if they're going to , all that will follow that is more condemnation from the west and threats of more sanctions .

edit on 11-4-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If the USA do go to war I think this time it will redeem itself in the worlds eye and its efforts will be appreciated! When American troops are liberating North Korean Concentration camps and bringing food to the starving people and uncover the real horrors of th regiume it will go up there with World war 2 as one of the USA finest moments and for the next 20-30 years Vietnam/ Iraq/Afghanistan will be all but forgotten.

And Im not be a Hypocrite. Being a Brit no doubt the UK would be involved and I would Volenteer my services to rid the world of this real threat.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

If the USA do go to war

There will not be a war unless the DPRK start it , which they won't because it would be suicide and little Kim knows that .
War is not the answer , all that will do is kill thousands of innocent people and risk a conflict between the west and China ... and nobody wants that .

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
If the USA do go to war I think this time it will redeem itself in the worlds eye and its efforts will be appreciated! When American troops are liberating North Korean Concentration camps and bringing food to the starving people and uncover the real horrors of th regiume it will go up there with World war 2 as one of the USA finest moments and for the next 20-30 years Vietnam/ Iraq/Afghanistan will be all but forgotten.

And Im not be a Hypocrite. Being a Brit no doubt the UK would be involved and I would Volenteer my services to rid the world of this real threat.

Yes! The full horror of what is happening in North Korea has yet to be revealed to the world. I suspect the camps are on a par with Nazi Germany. Perhaps not mass exterminations as such but we wont know until those poor people interned are liberated. Whole generations are held there, and many are born in the camps and die there too. Horrific stuff.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

If the USA do go to war

There will not be a war unless the DPRK start it , which they won't because it would be suicide and little Kim knows that .
War is not the answer , all that will do is kill thousands of innocent people and risk a conflict between the west and China ... and nobody wants that .

So what back down give North Korea concensions and wait for another 10-20years while they build bigger more effective nukes and so can exhort the wolrd even more or hell get into a situation that would be favrable to them for a war? Not to mention live the population under regium that hasnt been this evil since Nazi Germany?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

Yes! The full horror of what is happening in North Korea has yet to be revealed to the world. I suspect the camps are on a par with Nazi Germany. Perhaps not mass exterminations as such but we wont know until those poor people interned are liberated. Whole generations are held there, and many are born in the camps and die there too. Horrific stuff.

If you read what some of these defecters and escaped refugees say especialy the ones who have escaped these camps it is enough to chill ones blood.

For anyone who does'nt know anyone who does even the slightest thing wrong or critical of the reguim in North Korea can be Imprisoned for life along with there Children, Parents and Grandparents.

In these camps they are starved, Beaten,tortured, raped , worked to death, experimented on and summarly executed at the whime of guards.

If America goes in I doubt anyone will be calling the USA evil or critising there role along with any allies at its side. As I said It will be up there with World war Two with things the USA and the west should be proud of.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

There are many despotic regimes around the world , are we to go to war with all of them ?
Diplomacy IS the only way forward , its easy to call for war from our nice safe ivory towers but the reality is war will kill more people and cause more problems at a time when we have enough problems of our own , look at the great job we did in Iraq .. Afghanistan and more recently Libya .

Might does not equal right .

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

So the usa should have not gone to war with hitler then?

No should not even have been in the middle east in the first place.

As for diplomacy with North Korea how you propose that? They dont seem willing to comprimise unless you give them free stuff and after a few years they go right back to exhorting the world.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You're comparing apples with pears they are totally different situations , and lest you forget it was WE that went to war with Hitler to fight for our own freedom and the freedom of Europe , it was a reaction to an aggressor not an act of aggression .

The U.S only joined the war after they themselves were attacked in 1941 , again a reaction to an aggressor .

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
They already did at the begining of the month, it was China voting to condem North Koreas action that pissed the north off even more.

Yep. And now Ban Ki Moon (sp?) talking through CNN asking Kim Un for peace and unification probably didn't help either, since the UN speaker is South Korean, and asking for "unification"

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

You're comparing apples with pears they are totally different situations , and lest you forget it was WE that went to war with Hitler to fight for our own freedom and the freedom of Europe , it was a reaction to an aggressor not an act of aggression .

The U.S only joined the war after they themselves were attacked in 1941 , again a reaction to an aggressor .

You did not anwser my question how would you solve this issue peacefully? Seeing as they threatend the usa and south korea will annilation i think the agression is on them.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You did not anwser my question how would you solve this issue peacefully

I have answered the question a couple of times in this thread ...Diplomacy .

Seeing as they threatend the usa and south korea will annilation i think the agression is on them.

Their threats are hollow and the U.S and the rest of the world know that , they are in no position to annihilate anyone .
This whole situation is about internal politics , Kim is showing his people and his military that he is a strong leader and a worthy successor to his father , once he has done that then the talking can begin .

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Apparently they prefer to respond to Crises ex post facto than to prevent them beforehand.

link   
Appeasement does not work. Neville Chamberlain tried that in 1939 and look what happened! Sure try every effort at diplomacy but if NK is not listening and fires off a missile then action needs to be taken. I dont want this, i want the world to be peaceful, but NK is a hermit state stuck in a 1950s cold war mentality. And a dangerous cult tyranny too. Does the 21st century really need this?

link   
reply to post by gortex

Yes diplomacy but how! You cant say that with a concreten plan!

And no they are notba threat now but in 20 or 30 years time you may wish you had acted now.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by shefskitchen

So give into a bully?

This is a regium so brutel in its treatment of its population that it would make Hitler cringe! Do people only care if its jews that are put into concentration camps and totured to death, other people are free game?

Surely it is better to take this rouge and amoral state out now than wait another 20 years when they will have effective IBCM that can threaten the world, which of course will lead to more blackmail!

I really have no clue where you're coming from, on that one. Just like when my room mate plays the race card at rent time & he's behind: "Why you give me grief for rent? That's white people tings...." It's not really. You should just pay when you agreed to. Comparatively, that's how much your statement made sense.

It's simple: papa Kim Jong stated their nuke program, was intended as retaliation to end the food sanctions imposed by the rest of the world. The UN lifted them slightly, he put the program to sleep. Papa Kim Jong died. More food sanctions on the Korean people. Baby Kim Jong is no pushover. Let the people eat, the nukes go to sleep. They may go to conventional war with the south, but nukes won't be in play if they are fed.

**Forgot to mention** I sure as hell would be a bully, if my neighbours actively stopped me from going to the grocery store every time. My babies are crying with hunger? You get a size 16 through the chest. They stop me again; there comes a point where the threat must be neutralized.
edit on 11-4-2013 by shefskitchen because: Because Wickett W. Warwick over there, really is crazy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join