learn more

The Fascist Gun Control Agenda

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yep I said fascist altho others like to call it a "progressive" agenda the current "debate" gone national about the ever increasing intrusion of civil liberties in this country for those who seem to have forgotten what that means:

civil liberties noun First Amendment guarantees, First Amendment Rights, freedom of expression, freedom of press, freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of thought, fundamental individual rights, guarantees from the Bill of Rights, human rights, individual rights, right to life, right to peacefully assemble, right to petition government for redress, right to privacy, right to property, right to worship Associated concepts: civil rights, protection against unwarranted governmental interference

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Apparently the majority and the ALCU are silent on this issue, and most people who claim to be liberal. Oh you could hear them screaming at the top of their voices about the Patriot Act :" if your not a terrorist" you have nothing to worry about contrast that with the current debate "if your not a mass murder or psychopath" you have nothing to worry about.

Really is amazing at the about face that when it comes to a second amendment right's apparently civil liberties go out with the bath water.

Which brings up to that background check "papers please" come on now no worries it's for the children it's just an inconvenience we want to make those children safe!

Also forget about the "right to privacy" apparently you don't have that right after all that benevolent government is just trying to make people "safe"

Then when one looks back at world history a group of people didn't like books that much so they decided to have "book control" started banning, and burning all those "dangerous" books they didn't like then we skip to current events.

Yep those dangerous "books"(guns) need to be gotten rid of I can see some people coming to this thread, and say books, and guns are two different things well from my perspective I see nothing, but a bunch of people judging "books" by their covers.

Which is why apparently civil liberties just matter when it's other issues, any issue other than the right of the people to be armed.

I have huge problem's with fascist's dictating what rights I have. Everyone should have sooner or later they will work they way to something you do care about.

Today is guns, tomorrow ?

It is seriously disturbing how many people are on board with totalitarianism. I never really understood how the Nazi's could have come in to power, today I do.

When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in emotion,carrying a burnt constitution.
edit on 11-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
How many more of these pointless, alarmist threads are you going to make?

Is this the NRA forum now?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I recently had a gun debate with my brother, who is basically the polar opposite of me, hes a VP at a major bank and major liberal Obama supporter.

When it got down to it he immediately started screaming "What about the children" when he was losing the argument.

Emotions need not be apart of how the government is run, it is the last recourse of the scoundrel trying to get one over on you.

I am always leary when people start saying its for the children... or safety in general for that matter.

link   
reply to post by neo96

You are correct in comparing 2nd Amendment Rights to other rights.

To the people who say that gun control is a good thing. . . .

Imagine wanting to say something. But before you can, you have to submit a form, get it approved, and have the government come back and say, "well you can't say it this way, but here is another way we will let you say it."

It no longer is a Right when you have to ask permission to exercise that Right!

link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

So civil liberties are pointless?

As many as it takes until people can start thinking for themselves instead of just going with "Government knows best".

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You've already started 5-10 other threads on how you feel about gun control.

What is the point of bombing ATS with this crap?

Ever hear of quality over quantity?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Folks would prefer nobody notice the long-view effort by Democrats to disarm citizens entirely.

Gun registration is an important step towards that end. Incrementally is how frogs are boiled.

Background checks would not have prevented any of the shootings Democrats are hysterically sobbing over, and they know it. Are Democrat voters/supporters knowingly treasonous or simply the end product of the generations long effort to dumb down the populace enough for the ruling class to finally ascend, not only unchallenged but cheered on?

Fascism is the seed of self destruction every society is burdened with, the trick is to try and manage it. Our founders did better than anyone could have hoped for, but entropy is a powerful universal force.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here is some irony, Germany had strrict gun control laws before the Nazis and the Nazi party in fact reduced gun control and encouraged children to learn to shoot to defend the fatherland. Of course nobody has as loose of guns control laws as we do. Not even in our own history has it been so easy for anybody to own a gun.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Civil liberties, and constitutional rights are crap?

Think they have more meaning than someone who is trying to shoot the messenger instead of reading the message.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

"What about the children"

Point one, it doesn't seem to bother them when abortions kill 1.2 million children a year.

Point two, no-one has ever said that freedom doesn't come at a price. People seldom think about the double-edged aspect to freedom. Yes, we are free to speak, emote, dance, create, innovate, build, grow, etc. . .

But we are also free to harm, hurt, destroy, break, crush, maim.

It comes at a price. In a free society, we will always have people that want to hurt others. They are sad, sick individuals that need to be treated, locked up or shot!

The current government is trying to eliminate aspects of freedom to stop the expression to cause pain, terror, harm. But in doing so, they also have to eliminate the aspects of freedom that allow us to grow, heal, build, love, create.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation." Mein Kampf, Adolf Hitler, Publ. Houghton Miflin, 1943, Page 403

It's for the children.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by benrl

"What about the children"

Point one, it doesn't seem to bother them when abortions kill 1.2 million children a year.

Point two, no-one has ever said that freedom doesn't come at a price. People seldom think about the double-edged aspect to freedom. Yes, we are free to speak, emote, dance, create, innovate, build, grow, etc. . .

But we are also free to harm, hurt, destroy, break, crush, maim.

It comes at a price. In a free society, we will always have people that want to hurt others. They are sad, sick individuals that need to be treated, locked up or shot!

The current government is trying to eliminate aspects of freedom to stop the expression to cause pain, terror, harm. But in doing so, they also have to eliminate the aspects of freedom that allow us to grow, heal, build, love, create.

Thats basically with this all comes down to, people either too lazy, or too frightened to pay for the cost of freedom.

Freedom means sometimes people get hurt by those who are irresponsible with their own freedoms.

Does that mean we throw them away? hell no, it means you hold tight to them and make sure you do your part by being responsible with yours.

Everyone now days seems to want a Nanny state where father government wipes your ass for you.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Gotta keep up on the news there sir.

EXCLUSIVE: ACLU says Reid’s gun legislation could threaten privacy rights, civil liberties

As Senate Democrats struggle to build support for new gun control legislation, the American Civil Liberties Union now says it’s among those who have “serious concerns” about the bill.

Those concerns have the capacity to prove a major setback to Sen. Harry Reid’s current gun bill, which includes language from earlier bills introduced by Sens. Chuck Schumer and Barbara Boxer.

In an exclusive interview with The Daily Caller, a top lobbyist for the ACLU announced that the group thinks Reid’s current gun bill could threaten both privacy rights and civil liberties.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
Folks would prefer nobody notice the long-view effort by Democrats to disarm citizens entirely.

Gun registration is an important step towards that end. Incrementally is how frogs are boiled.

Background checks would not have prevented any of the shootings Democrats are hysterically sobbing over, and they know it. Are Democrat voters/supporters knowingly treasonous or simply the end product of the generations long effort to dumb down the populace enough for the ruling class to finally ascend, not only unchallenged but cheered on?

Fascism is the seed of self destruction every society is burdened with, the trick is to try and manage it. Our founders did better than anyone could have hoped for, but entropy is a powerful universal force.

Feinstien is a perfect example of this, she has to be the most Anti-american senator ever, having lived in her district most of my life, All i have ever seen from that women is an Attempt after attempt to destroy our rights in the name of safety.

Hell I just got an email form response from her about the Cyber security, (i Had written her urging her to vote against such draconian measure for piracy) her response was basically that's nice but its important to secure corporate intellectual property...
edit on 11-4-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

First I have heard of it after months and executive orders.

Guess better late than never.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Hopechest

First I have heard of it after months and executive orders.

Guess better late than never.

The ACLU is slow to act, but atleast they are.

The 4th and 2nd amendment are under constant attack, its my opinion its so they can finally go after the 1st. The ACLU does to its part though on protecting the 4th but tends to be slow on others...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The children are EXACTLY why I hold my 2A so highly and proud!
Sure when children are murdered it is a tragedy but, when millions are murdered, it is a bit worse.
That is historically what happens to disarmed peoples.
Democide.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by benrl

The children are EXACTLY why I hold my 2A so highly and proud!
Sure when children are murdered it is a tragedy but, when millions are murdered, it is a bit worse.
That is historically what happens to disarmed peoples.
Democide.

Excellent point, funny how no one address the largest killer of innocent people, Government, specifically the US War on Terror.

More collateral damage than all the school shootings combined.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Wait a minute.

Are you trying to tell me that the thing that kills only .000000001% of the population isn't the worlds biggest problem?

You better tell the media, I don't think they're aware.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

There's a couple of reasons for that. One is that 4th has been under severe attack since the Patriot Act and going back further has been so frequently abused by law enforcement regarding things like "stop and frisk". The second reason is one that will have people in this thread screaming after reading but it's important to read the whole statement.

Second Amendment

Gun Control

Updated: 1/17/2013
The Second Amendment provides: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

ACLU POSITION
Given the reference to "a well regulated Militia" and "the security of a free State," the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right. For seven decades, the Supreme Court's 1939 decision in United States v. Miller was widely understood to have endorsed that view. This position is currently under review and is being updated by the ACLU National Board in light of the U.S. Supreme Court decision in D.C. v. Heller in 2008.

In striking down Washington D.C.'s handgun ban by a 5-4 vote, the Supreme Court's decision in D.C. v. Heller held for the first time that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to keep and bear arms, whether or not associated with a state militia. The ACLU disagrees with the Supreme Court's conclusion about the nature of the right protected by the Second Amendment. However, particular federal or state laws on licensing, registration, prohibition, or other regulation of the manufacture, shipment, sale, purchase or possession of guns may raise civil liberties questions.

ANALYSIS
Although ACLU policy cites the Supreme Court's decision in U.S. v. Miller as support for our position on the Second Amendment, our policy was never dependent on Miller. Rather, like all ACLU policies, it reflects the ACLU's own understanding of the Constitution and civil liberties.

Heller takes a different approach than the ACLU has advocated. At the same time, it leaves many unresolved questions, including what firearms are protected by the Second Amendment, what regulations (short of an outright ban) may be upheld, and how that determination will be made.

Those questions will, presumably, be answered over time.

Until 2008 the 2nd Amendment had been legally interpreted as the right to a well regulated, armed militia with States having authority and regulation over individual ownership. The Heller case set new precedent with effects still not entirely clear. Though people may have a programmed response to the ACLU it should be noted that they deal with Constitutional Law and civil liberties for the most part and though they may disagree with the precedent the Heller case set, they will add it to their framework. They also notoriously take cases 'they don't like'.

And Neo, do remember that fascist means corporate controlled... no laws, no policies yadda yadda happen without the corporate approval of the banks and the wall street crooks that you love so much.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join