It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Who Sawed Arms in Home Depot Still Critical

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Man Who Sawed Arms in Home Depot Still Critical

abcnews.go.com

Police said the man grabbed several small saws, including one meant to cut drywall, and injured himself Wednesday in a Home Depot store in West Covina, a suburb east of Los Angeles.

An off-duty Pasadena Fire Department paramedic used rope and cloths from the shelves to make a tourniquet to help stop the bleeding before West Covina paramedics arrived to take over.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Very bizarre story coming out of West Covina Ca, at a home depot a man picked up a dry wall saw and tried to saw both his arms off.

According to reports he got down to the bone on both arms above the elbow, something I can't even imagine someone accomplishing.

An off duty medic helped stabilize the man on the scene, I cant help but be reminded of the people eating peoples faces reports that came in a few months ago due to "bath salts"

I wonder if those where involved, I also have a morbid curiosity on how the hell he managed to get to both bones on his arms?!

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
he really didn't think this through did he, how would he saw off the second arm after the first

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace
he really didn't think this through did he, how would he saw off the second arm after the first

According to the article he got to the bone on both arms above the elbow, thats nuts, Id almost like to see the security footage as to how the hell he managed that.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

It's good to see that somebody will step in and save a life if they need to. Makes you wonder how many people ran away from the man trying to kill himself, instead of trying to help him..

My guess is, he must of been on bath salts, or some type of hallucination.. or he completely lost his mind..

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
reply to post by benrl

It's good to see that somebody will step in and save a life if they need to. Makes you wonder how many people ran away from the man trying to kill himself, instead of trying to help him..

My guess is, he must of been on bath salts, or some type of hallucination.. or he completely lost his mind..

According to the Medic that jumped in, everyone was running away, he and the cops found the man on the floor with no one assisting, he got there in time to save the mans life though.

Really though, almost anyone is capable of making a tourniquet with some shoe lace, so that is a good point.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There was never any relation to the mentally ill guy who bit off the face of the homeless person, and research chemicals. none.

This reminds me of that guy who tried to cut his own head off with an electric carving knife. I just cannot imagine any sort of mentality that wants to end it all, but .. that way!

Oo

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well done however OP, for reigniting the ignorance.

Hooraa.. I dun know what it is, but I will blame a random thing I heard on the internet on crazy people.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Hooraa.. I dun know what it is, but I will blame a random thing I heard on the internet on crazy people.

Crazy is as Crazy does, the mans actions (sawing his own arms off) is crazy, so with out more information all we can do is speculate.

As a sane person your right I can't imagine what would cause someone to do something like that, I would also grasp at answers, and frankly hallucinogens could be a cause.

So could simply having a psychotic break.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Wasn't that sort of the plot to "The Happening"... killing yourself in weird ways.

I can see getting one arm off but how do you manage the second?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yeah, because people on drugs haven't done crazy things..

Do some research, quit using knee jerk reactions to garner attention.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Wasn't that sort of the plot to "The Happening"... killing yourself in weird ways.

I can see getting one arm off but how do you manage the second?

My guess is, he'd position a hacksaw blade in his teeth and commence sawing the other off. What a painful thing to even do, kind of like on the walking dead when meryl sawed his hand off, how in the world could a person endure that..

I guess you can for so long until you pass out from shock.
edit on 4/11/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace

This puts me in mind of a striking miner during the 1980s miner strike (against Thatcher) who tried to crucify himself on his kitchen floor but couldn't quite get the last nail in.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Didn't think about using your mouth to saw, that could be it. I was envisioning two saws in each hand sortta deal...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Didn't think about using your mouth to saw, that could be it. I was envisioning two saws in each hand sortta deal...

Yeah, but at that point it would be a race against time, and if your cutting speed is different for each arm, one will fall off before the other.. I figured using your teeth to finish the job would be the best method..

I talk about this like I've tried it or something
very painful to consider

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Really, SAWS?!?... like those are something people even use nowadays.

Seriously though, does anybody (outside of the realm of career-trained construction workers and carpenters, and other professionals) even use hack saws these days?? Even the word sounds scary, hack, like it's intended to hack off somebody's own arm.

Some people truly have psychotic problems to the point where they will do terrible acts like the one this man committed today, far too many in this day-and-age. And the cold, sobering reality of it is every single one of these crazed and deranged individuals who live among us every day have access to the place to get them at.

Here's something silly, our society has become so twisted that we leave these essential weapons of war in the open for any of the enemies of the state to come take and saw off their own arms with, WITHOUT EVEN PAYING FOR IT YET. Ask yourself this question any and all rational and mindful readers, how many times must we as a society, as a nation, deal with madmen sawing their own arms off before we decide enough is enough, and ban these assault saws outright alltogether?

We must do something comrades and we must do something fast, before a plague of saw wielding arm cutters infects our country- our schools, malls, everywhere we are they are, and they have saws. Read this clearly folks, this man will by no standard be the last to commit such debauchery as this, because arm cutting is a real sickness, and once someone bears witness to such a sight, they will forever be filled with the mental imagery and emotional injury caused by this sight, and it will twist if they allow it to, and soon enough these individuals are the one who are cutting off arms and it'll be happening everywhere at once.

This will happen unless we immediately, not only as an ATS community but a community of peers in a nation of opposition, to pass meaningful legislation against the possession of assault saws. We must do it, our children are counting on you! You must be bold, you must be courageous, and you must set the standard for the rest of the world. We are a country of people who enjoy their freedoms, but when it comes to the point where these freedoms are taking away from us the lives of our beautiful children, then we must think about changing the law immediately for that. Ban Assault Saws. Ban Assault Saws! Save the Children! Save America!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
"quite awful"? no that's bloody insane!

do we have to put the tools up behind secure glass from keeping people hurting themselves or killing one another?

this paramedic here did a great job helping saving the man's life but I think he's enjoying himself on the camera too much.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I'll bet a shiny nickel that he was on some sort of anti-depressant.
We need to look into if he was on medication.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
"quite awful"? no that's bloody insane!

do we have to put the tools up behind secure glass from keeping people hurting themselves or killing one another?

this paramedic here did a great job helping saving the man's life but I think he's enjoying himself on the camera too much.

Kind of crazy to think that we would have to secure up the most basic tools because some nutcases keep going around doing stupid things.. I can see it now, Obama admin bans, hammers, saws, nails, and power tools.

Pretty soon, you'll have to register your carpentry tools. Big Box stores are the new arms dealers!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Poor disturbed man.

But I do wonder how he manged to saw the "second" arm????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join