It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CRUZ: 15,000 Felons & Fugitives Tried To Buy Guns Illegally Last Year, Obama Adm. Prosecuted ONLY 44

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
So WHY do we need MORE restrictions,...when it's incredibly obvious that the Obama administration won't even use the many existing laws already on the books to prosecute felons and fugitives illegally attempting to purchase firearms?

Could it be that there is an Obama hidden agenda at work here?

Seriously, if Obama is truly concerned with making america's streets safer, shouldn't he be focused on putting away convicted felons and fugitives for the ILLEGAL purchase of guns...using our existing laws...INSTEAD of trying to construct NEW laws aimed at restricting and destroying the second amendment rights of law-abiding citizens?

"I think the approach of the Federal Government should be simple: We should focus on deterring and punishing violent criminals. It's violent criminals that commit these crimes, that's where our target should be. At the same time, we should be safeguarding the constitutional rights of lawful, peaceful citizens."

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 11-4-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2013 by IAMTAT because: Quote added

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Whats needed is not new laws, but enforcement of existing laws on the books.

Of course felons having guns would only further the anti-gun agenda so there is reason for the lack luster prosecution of such crimes.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

If Obama really cared for children, he would find a way to stop inner city gang violence, considering that's what most of the crime is about. Pretty funny he claims his love for Chicago, but it's still riddled with inner city violence.

edit on 4/11/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This administration and their supporters are the most incompetant bunch I have ever in my life
had the displeasure of having to deal with.

They are so ridiculously stupid that sometimes I wonder if it would not be better if we just let toddlers
run the nation.

We as Americans have a duty to stop these morons at every turn. People are so blinded that they need to be slapped to get their vision back.

Common sense doesnt go hand in hand with making wise decisions with these idiots.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
reply to post by IAMTAT

If Obama really cared for children, he would find a way to stop inner city gang violence, considering that's what most of the crime is about. Pretty funny he claims his love for Chicago, but it's still riddled with inner city violence.

edit on 4/11/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

That or he would make sure Drone strikes where only used when the targets where absolutely sure they would be correct.

Obama could give two squirts for the children, its all political currency to pass gun control, its not about the guns its about control.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

It is the NRA's fault that they only prosecuted 44.

Just wanted to get that out in the open before the usual suspects insert it into this thread....

His administration has been historically week on this issue and out of 90 federal districts, Chicago ranked dead last in the enforcement of these laws. Wonder why?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
New survey shows law enforcement personnel overwhelmingly oppose Obama's gun control proposals:

A law enforcement website with more than 1.5 million unique visitors per month and 400,000 registered members, PoliceOne asked more than 15,000 verified active and retired law enforcement personnel more than 20 questions about how they believe stricter gun control will impact the community.

The participants were spread out across the country, and about 80 percent were current law enforcement, 20 percent former/retired.

Here are some of the results of the survey, which was conducted between March 4 and March 13:

Nearly 96 percent said that a ban on standard capacity magazines with more than 10 rounds would not reduce violent crime.

More than 81 percent said that “gun buy-backs” do not reduce gun violence.

Nearly 80 percent said that a ban on private transfers of firearms between law-abiding citizens would not reduce violent crime.
71 percent said that a ban on “assault weapons” would have no impact on reducing violent crime.

20.5 percent said it would actually have a ​negative ​impact.

More than 70 percent opposed the idea of a national database of legal gun sales.

Nearly 68 percent said magazine capacity restrictions would negatively affect them personally.

More than 60 percent said that the passage of Obama’s gun control legislation would do nothing to improve officer safety.

Nearly 25 percent said it would actually have a ​negative​ impact.

www.theblaze.com...
Survey:
ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Gun grabbers dont look at statistics.

They use emotional propaganda to make their decisions.

It is what it is, people are morons.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by IAMTAT

Just wanted to get that out in the open before the usual suspects insert it into this thread....

His administration has been historically week on this issue and out of 90 federal districts, Chicago ranked dead last in the enforcement of these laws. Wonder why?

Cities like Chicago are the reason for the 1934 machine gun "ban" because of the Dillenger's the average gun owner wasn't the one going around commiting "Valentines Day massacres" or the rest of the country.

Chicago is deeply tied to the gun control agenda in more ways than one " never letting a good crisis' go to waste they pass EO's and laws because they can never be seen as irrelevant.

They won't enforce gun laws because if they did there would be no need for more regulation, and they will not be seen as being "irrelevant".

The gun control crowd has a long history of absolutely being ineffective, but people have been so dumbed down they are so oblivious to the truth.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What if the Obama administration needs the streets filled with these criminals in order to push constitution crushing 'laws'? Perhaps by having the non-hazarous people incarcerated and streets riddled with criminals will provide the perquisites for violent retaliation, Civil War II; martial law

My 2 cents

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Lets give credit where credits due: the local judicial system is the ones prosecuting the felons with firearms, not the fed govt, Fox News and the senator didn't point that out. I see more stories in my local news paper about felons getting caught and the state level charging them, so it's not like they're not being prosecuted, it's just done at a different level

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

dont bring logic like that to the thread, people only want information that blames Obama..

.. also, doesn't Obama want to force background checks now? wouldn't that restrict felons from getting firearms?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I despise Obama, but lets be truthful here, ya no?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just because you fail a background check doesn't mean you have reason to be prosecuted....what is wrong with you people. If someone is an EX-con, they fail the background check, but it's not a crime to apply. If someone is a foreigner and not a legal citizen, they fail the check, but they haven't done anything wrong.

Jeez, next you will be wanting everyone that fails their drivers test to e prosecuted.

Why are you afraid of universal background checks? If you are legally able to own a gun, you will pass it.

What a country you have there. Sheesh.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I was about to say the exact same thing Sensfan said...but it looks as though I was beat to the punch.

It is not illegal to apply to purchase a firearm. It is illegal to actually purchase it and possess it.

So of course the prosecutions would be low.

But we should notice that it appears the gun laws we ALREADY have in place may actually work. Do we really need more?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Just because you fail a background check doesn't mean you have reason to be prosecuted....what is wrong with you people. If someone is an EX-con, they fail the background check, but it's not a crime to apply. If someone is a foreigner and not a legal citizen, they fail the check, but they haven't done anything wrong.

Jeez, next you will be wanting everyone that fails their drivers test to e prosecuted.

Why are you afraid of universal background checks? If you are legally able to own a gun, you will pass it.

What a country you have there. Sheesh.

That is not what Cruz is saying. Watch the Video Clip. It is illegal for felons and fugitives to own guns, possess guns and to buy guns. These felons referenced purchased guns illegally. They did not walk into a local licensed gun shop to procure them. If they did, then the gun shop as committed a Federal Crime as well. The felons know that they cannot possess a firearm. If they don't, then they are dumber than I thought.

This is the realm of the Federal DOJ districts to prosecute these cases.

District map
www.justice.gov...

does Holder really mean what he says?? Actions speak louder than words.

Effectively combating violent crime also demands that – with the help and leadership of our U.S. Attorneys’ Offices, as well as the FBI, ATF, DEA, and Marshals Service – we continue to crack down on the gang-, gun-, and drug-fueled violence that menaces our streets and threatens our communities. Through intelligence-driven, threat-based prosecutions – we will focus on dismantling criminal organizations and putting them out of business for good. In so doing, we will fight to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those who are not lawfully allowed to possess them." - Attorney General Eric Holder, April 25, 2011

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by IAMTAT

That's been my bone to pick for a while. Because of Chicago, the rest of us in IL have had to put up with draconian gun laws. But, even when they do catch someone who is in illegal possession, it's "Oh, you have a gun, Well, shame on you. slap on the wrist Next case". Then, they want to scream, holler and whine about gun violence. More laws won't do a damn bit of good, because they don't enforce what is already on the books. Obama just wants to be able to say they did something, but those evil Republicans kept us from passing laws that will "keep our children safe". All the while planning to use this to smear Repubs in the next election.
edit on 12-4-2013 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Lets give credit where credits due: the local judicial system is the ones prosecuting the felons with firearms, not the fed govt, Fox News and the senator didn't point that out. I see more stories in my local news paper about felons getting caught and the state level charging them, so it's not like they're not being prosecuted, it's just done at a different level

This is the jurisdiction of the State or in may casesf the DOJ and the US Attorneys office in any one of the 90 plus districts. It is a violation of Federal law unless specific gun ownership rights have been restored to the individual by the convicting state.

Title 18, United States Code, Section 922(g)(1). The offense is a felony. The law provides the following:

It shall be unlawful for any person-

(1) who has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;

to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Hey! if the Obama administration started to prosecute all the fellons that are looking to get guns what would he do for a base?.....Ya I know that fellons are not supposed to be able to vote,wink, wink

If 15000 tryed to get guns and I assume they did not or it would be all over the MSM news then it would lead a"thinking" person to believe that the gun laws in place are working.

By the way , can anyone direct me to where the Chicago DA has arrested and is prosecuting anyone for all the shootings that have accrued in Chicago???? I mean maybe its just become the "NORM" like all the other things this administration can't or won't do anything about.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Gee, with breitbart and T Cruz as your sources, how could anyone have any problems accepting your premise lock stock and barrel?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join