It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea cannibalism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't understand where people get the notion to deny cannibalism in North Korea; the people are starving, of course they are going to resort to extreme measures to stay alive. Cannibalism isn't exclusive to North Korea...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Maybe I should give my body to North Korea instead of science?

Everyone saying that cannibalism is evil is used and conditioned to live in luxury and can't see that sometime life offers us only 2 choices...Life or death. You choose.

Will you
A) eat an already dead man
or
B) become tomorrow's lunch

It's survival, it's hella disgusting but that's what it is and some in history, and nowadays it seems, didn't have the luxury to deny their immediate chance of survival only to not go against their moral values.

Barely everyone here on ATS lives in wealth paradise compared to 99.5% of North Koreans.
It's easy to be an angel when you live in paradise.
edit on 11-4-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Well then allow me to help with some sources:www.globalpost.com...
I do know how this works and you must back up your argument as well. So, please show us exactly how this is propaganda. I'll wait......
news.yahoo.com...
www.asianews.it...
edit on 11-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

Heres one from back in 2009:ampontan.wordpress.com...
edit on 11-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

All these links are about a SINGLE incident which occurred in 2012 where some guy killed his daughter and then his son. He was shot dead by the authorities.

This whole story is anti NK propaganda Yes it is too bad to be true.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

...I wonder if Dennis Rodman saw this video how he would feel about his visit with Kim now? I would be ashamed of even speaking with someone so evil. To have people starving to the point where they actually kill people to survive is almost unbelievable!! This regime is pure evil, you can't describe it any other way after listening to the people that experienced living in North Korea. What a sad interview, you could tell the young man interviewing couldn't bare some of the details he was hearing. How sad, that human beings can be so callous, degrading, violent and uncaring to another human being.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

you could tell the young man interviewing couldn't bare some of the details he was hearing

That was what really sold me on the interview, the reactions by both hosts couldn't be faked.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

North Korea made it hard for North Korea. The leadership decided building nuclear weapons is more important than food.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I heard that in u.s. the homeless eat snow in
order to survive. It must be true there is a youtube video ! ! !

Even Michelle Obama has to fend for herself by
growing her own vegetables, because of food shortages in u.s. !
GMO foods are now being spliced with human DNA and
contain plutonium from Fukushima fallout !
And there is fetus extract flavouring in american cola !

YES psychological operations ARE REAL to
promote hate, war, and propaganda to 'justify' killing
innocent civilians just as blatantly as :
news.antiwar.com...
or 9/11
man wins court victory over 9/11 propaganda
(yes even the bbc lies)
Propaganda sucks
btw the posted photo
(enlarge the pixels, obvious the head was shopped)

edit on 12/4/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by France
One thing that stands out for me was something that told to me in a college class when we were touching on propaganda. Before most wars the rival countries will spread news of their enemies killing children or babies in horrible ways. It makes it easier for the population to demonize their enemies and accept the destruction of others.

And the first casualty is truth.

In my book, lies are at the base of corruption.
It is impossible to have a just civilized society without
the concept of truth.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by buddha

North Korea made it hard for North Korea. The leadership decided building nuclear weapons is more important than food.

North Korea has a lot of farm land much is planted. We don't see the pictures. Because they won't let anyone take them. Read up on N.Korea and anyone that has traveled into that country, vacation etc.. They were shocked to see farm land and crops. Sure they can't grow everything. They have bowling alleys, kids love riding their skateboards, they have schools, etc.... University. Many people work, take the train to work. Sure its different and controlled, and you can be controlled by the government. They are feed their garbage by the government just like everybody else.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You know what North Korea could do to nip this in the bud if it's completely false?

Let in watch groups, rights groups, press, etc to interview the named and figure out if it's true from their experiences, or a big ol' hoax. But nawp, they'll suffice with just denying anything and tell everyone willing to investigate to piss off in the meantime. This not only does them no favors in the public opinion arena, the stories from refugees serve to only bolster any claims. At this point, I'd say there's good odds for a small cannibalism epidemic, they're a starved, unhealthy country with little means for the pissant underclass to survive. It's already well established that those who eat the best are in the highest echelons of NK society & government. If the bulk of the population is already extremely hungry every day, then it's actually rather logical to assume there's a subset of that population who is desperate enough to eat a fellow human. It would be quite easy for North Korea to disprove the claims if they wanted to save what little face they as a bat guano crazy regime have left. You know what they say about NOT having anything to hide, versus a guilty conscience? It applies.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
It's not propaganda, it's actually occurring. The people are starved and the leadership is crazed and apathetic.

Is there actually solid photographic and official documentation evidence to support this?

Or are you just saying what you want to believe to justify things that aren't exactly just?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katie

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by buddha

North Korea has a lot of farm land much is planted. We don't see the pictures. Because they won't let anyone take them. Read up on N.Korea and anyone that has traveled into that country, vacation etc.. They were shocked to see farm land and crops. Sure they can't grow everything. They have bowling alleys, kids love riding their skateboards, they have schools, etc.... University. Many people work, take the train to work. Sure its different and controlled, and you can be controlled by the government. They are feed their garbage by the government just like everybody else.

Correct Katie.

All of the actual evidence points to this reality.

The MSM narrative of NK has very little bearing with the actual reality there.
Sure NK sucks, but it isn't the hellhole it's made out to be. I would rather live in NK than say, Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

And the first casualty is truth.

In my book, lies are at the base of corruption.
It is impossible to have a just civilized society without
the concept of truth.

Spoken with eloquence. Great post.
I agree 100% all the way.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
You know what North Korea could do to nip this in the bud if it's completely false?

Let in watch groups, rights groups, press, etc to interview the named and figure out if it's true from their experiences, or a big ol' hoax.

Did that stop the elite from invading Iraq and Libya ?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by WeRpeons

you could tell the young man interviewing couldn't bare some of the details he was hearing

That was what really sold me on the interview, the reactions by both hosts couldn't be faked.

Are you claiming a good actor cannot fake emotions believably?

Give me a break. That's extreme naivety.
Anything can be faked, especially mundane crap like a "reaction".

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
I don't understand where people get the notion to deny cannibalism in North Korea; the people are starving, of course they are going to resort to extreme measures to stay alive. Cannibalism isn't exclusive to North Korea...

I just need proof of that, and a few skewed bias documentaries or western media reports aren't solid. That's infotainment and not real evidence. Easily manipulated.

We need actual proof.

And besides, if everyone is starving, how is anyone alive? Within a month they would all be dead. Cmon, enough with the ludicrous over generalizations and half-truth bs.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
And EVEN IF NK were all Satanic Ritualistic Cannibal Child killers, it's not a legitimate justification for invasion or war.

They actually have to attack first in a big way.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
For anyone interested I found a couple of interesting videos on Youtube about North Korea. I didn't know much about them so I decided to watch them just to see what I could learn. Now this first one is from Vice, it's about a couple of people who bribe some Chinese to get into North Korea on a tour. It is very eye-opening as to what they see while they are there. All their filming is undercover as they are not permitted to film.

I liked this documentary as I learned a lot about the country I didn't know. And it really does look like it is in bad shape. The people themselves came across as polite and very nice, and very indoctrinated. Imagine being brought up having no other world view than your current leader is basically a god on earth and there is nothing better than that god and everything you do should be based around honoring that god. And any other thoughts what-so-ever about that human not being a god, or that they are somehow wrong will get you thrown into a concentration camp and or dead. It's pretty morbid. What type of god would have to do that to people?

Anyway here is the other video. It is older, but it has a lot more shocking footage as well, it made my heart sink. In this one you see starving orphans being ignored by other people. This one made me sick, for it showed me that they weren't all nice like in the first documentary. It was heart-wrenching to watch this one:

edit on 12-4-2013 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

This is similar to the fake story of babies being thrown
out of incubators.
Some people are quick to believe just about anything.
The 'news' these days is not news anymore.
News agencies at one time were regulated, and lost their
license, paid penalties or had to write in retractions if they
were caught spreading misinformation. Nowadays government
agents can claim to be 'reporters' and get away with just
about anything.

edit on 12/4/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Originally posted by Nyiah

Let in watch groups, rights groups, press, etc to interview the named and figure out if it's true from their experiences, or a big ol' hoax.

Did that stop the elite from invading Iraq and Libya ?

Did I say it would be to appease the opposing elite? No. We all know the elite do whatever they please no matter what is true or false.

If I was not clear enough before, allow me to clarify that allowing outsiders to confirm or deny the accusations would be to satisfy the civilians of the world. If they did just that, and all accusations were proved to be outright lies, and no abuses or cannibalism have ever occurred beyond the occasional crazy arse, then I'd be first in line to apologize for believing they had any validity. If they were proven true, would you eat a little crow yourself, or continue to stomp around claiming hoax?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join