It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging..Talk about a racket!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Some studies say Psychotropic drugs kill 2.5 times more people than homicides.

That's because people abuse painkillers. The drugs used correctly rarely kill anyone.

While ADHD medication is being over prescribed to children. That's the only valid criticism of the pharmaceutical industry I've seen, and I know a lot about the field of psychotropic meds. I see no evidence it's a grand conspiracy.

There are a lot of Americans with true mental disorders, and I mean A LOT.
Have you talked to Americans lately? Most are #ed in the head big time, and they're like that BEFORE meds.

And you mention that many of the mass shootings involved these meds. But didn't the people have pre-existing conditions? Who's to say it's the meds causing murders, and not the pre-existing condition?
Saying it's the meds causing it, and not the pre-existing condition is silly.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Important stuff, thanks for posting. S&F

I've got friends who have been prescribed Adderall and hand it out 'recreationally' - I've taken it myself and have experienced [whether real or imagined] greater focus when playing cards (big poker player).

Stopped dicking around with it when I Wiki'd it awhile ago and saw:

Hair loss (alopecia), decreased libido or sex drive, and bloody stools have also been reported.

No thanks.

edit on 4/12/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
According to the video, there is no such thing as "mental illness." What a crock of #. I watched because I thought it was a video about pharma, it's not, it's a video claiming across the board that mental illness does not exist.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

While ADHD medication is being over prescribed to children. That's the only valid criticism of the pharmaceutical industry I've seen, and I know a lot about the field of psychotropic meds. I see no evidence it's a grand conspiracy.

There are a lot of Americans with true mental disorders, and I mean A LOT.
Have you talked to Americans lately? Most are #ed in the head big time, and they're like that BEFORE meds.

Crazy, crazy, crazy - your thinking - not the average Americans. You see no evidence of a grand conspiracy? That's cos there's nothing complex about this issue - it's a money making enterprise, pure and simple.

It is not 'a lot of Americans with true mental disorders' - it is western society that is sick - and rather than fixing society, they drug the people to fit with its perversions.

Have you ever read Robert Whittaker's Mad in America, or Anatomy of an Epidemic:
Psychiatric Drugs and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America? If not - please do - and get yourself informed before you go around diagnosing everyone. The ONLY figure that parallels the rise of those diagnosed with mental disorders in the US is the use of psychotropic drugs since 1955

Anatomy of an Epidemic: Psychiatric Drugs and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America

And did you perhaps consider that if you are meeting so many people that you consider to have mental disorders that, in fact, it is they that are normal and you that doesn't fit. And what the hey is normal anyway?

Who wants a homogeneous human race? Boring boring boring - vive la difference! Psychiatry claims it wants to stabilise everyone - phooey - stables for horses.

I'm sick to the back teeth of psychiatry medicalising normal human reactions and even more sick of them medicalising criminal behaviour. I'm sick of them prescribing fatal medications for non-lethal conditions and what I think of them drugging children's developing brains ATS will not allow me to post.

edit on 12-4-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Mental illness does exist - but not to the extent that its being diagnosed. The bio-chemical model is marketing hocum - there are other, less profitable means, of treating mental illness.

What is the correct chemical balance of the brain? No-one knows - and when they think they do - all I have to do is smile and that chemical balance is changed.
edit on 12-4-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I was on drugs like this before. It was no fun at all. It felt like clockwork orange. I would get angry but was unable to do anything about it. Those drugs prevented me from acting on my own natural emotions. I will never take those kind of drugs ever again.

It is sad that so many people on on this stuff. It keeps people from standing up for themselves. When people struggle, they have to become aware of what is going on so they can stand up and change things. If they are doped up by the doctor all the time they will never change their situation.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Peoples perceptions are obviously different; No where did I get from the video there is no such thing as mental illness..

I did get from the video that a mental illness diagnosis is being used to push drugs on otherwise normal everyday people and adolescents.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Getting ready to watch the video, but wanted to make a quick comment first.

Anytime I go to my doctor's office, I am asked to fill a questionnaire. My most recent visit was for foot pain. The time before that was a follow up for lady issues. Before that was because of back pain.
Yet each time they want me to fill out these questions asking if I am depressed, feel hopeless, have suicidal or impulsive urges, can't sleep, etc.
I did not bother filling the last one out and the nurse handed it back, asking me to complete it "..for your file!"
When the doctor came in, she reviewed it and was trying to prescribe me XANAX! I had not even checked yes for any answer!
I told her I was fine, the foot pain just needed a diagnosis or X-ray..she felt up my foot for a minute and then prescribed me OxyContin. I was weirded out. I declined but checked my health notes online and found she had a prescription in there anyway!!
I ended up going to a podiatrist for help, who (predictably) found a heel spur and plantar fasciitis. He gave me care tips and instructions to take ibuprofen.
I am just amazed how my doc office wanted to write me a prescription for serious prescription drugs without any diagnosis?!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I would like to recommend the research (it is pure gold) of Dr Weston Price. His research was published back in the 1930's and it is worth reading. Apart from his medical/scientific findings he makes a comment near to the end of his book about Indigenous People not having any need for mental institutions or prisons.

While I studied to become a Teacher I worked as a Teachers Assistant and I recall very clearly one day working with a Student - I can't recall exactly what prompted me to ask whether he had taken his 'medication' but I recall very clearly his response. He told me he didn't like taking it because it made him feel sleepy. I responded by supporting his decision as he was utilising his cognition to make a choice about his body. I recall we worked together and he worked at his pace - he wasn't rude or self harming or behaving in any manner that caused me concern.

As for the topic of this thread - I encourage everyone to watch the video. The industry of psychiatry is a tool of the government - quietly making their presence stronger and stronger. The next psychiatric diagnostic manual will contain many 'new' disorders. Watch out for that word - take it from an English Teacher - the addition of a single word to another can create a new and very powerful meaning - particularly when applied in a legal situation.

I could discuss this topic all day but would rather watch this thread and join in where I can offer a valid opinion and researched evidence. I want to add one point before I sign off - Yung and Freud were very much aligned when they were at the forefront of their medical careers and many people would be aware that they parted company after disagreeing on the direction of the new medical area called psychoanalysis. Essentially Yung maintained his holistic beliefs and Freud placed a focus on sex as our definitive impulse. Freud was asked to focus on sex and we should all be grateful - whichever side of the fence you select - that Yung at least stayed true to his beliefs.

Much Peace...to all Sentient Beings who have become victims of a science that experiments with no regard for the damage they have done and are still doing, to so many...
edit on 12-4-2013 by Amanda5 because: grammar

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I've been putting these pieces and information together every since sandy hook. We, as humans.. was never intended to intake all these chemicals.. especially EVERY SINGLE DAY sometimes 3 - 5 times a day, for simple normal functions as being severely shy, or as they put it 'anti-social'

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
In Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World", everybody takes a happy pill called Soma. We don't all need a pill.
But psychological problems are real. It's stupid to pretend they're not. Haven't you seen the homeless people
wandering around aimlessly babbling to themselves? Psychotropic medication helps millions of people with real
problems. But I agree that the pill-pushers have encouraged patients and doctors to prescribe drugs for
people who don't need them, especially kids. What used to get a kid an ass-whoopin now gets him an ADHD
diagnosis. ADHD didn't exist when I went to school. But we had teachers who controlled a classroom, and
a paddle with holes in it. Somehow they managed without medicating half the school.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Parthin

I like you. I see you're new here, but you obviously must be about the same age as me if you remember the paddles with the holes in them...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If you arent suffering from some form of mental illness in today's time... you might truly be mentally ill.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I got really emotional and nearly cried while watching this documentary. I wonder if there's a prescription for that..

I'm really glad I figured this stuff out when I was a pre-teen while people were trying to get me on antidepressants. Sad thing is, I've had more pharmaceuticals involuntarily pumped through my body when I had cancer as a teen than anyone can even imagine.

Thanks for the video...I will be passing this along.

edit on 13-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I agree with you, this goes right in tandem with the John Dewey theory that children are meant to be raised as cogs in the machine of the collective and that people exist for the State. The children have to be drugged to keep them in line, especially those who have talents and a lot of energy and have a difficult time being still in a completely boring environment. The Establishment does not like to be bucked. No wonder people feel so horrible all the time. There is little room for individual talent in this world. And even look at how Hollywood operates. Sure there's talent there right? But then why do conservative celebrities have to hide their support for conservative values while everyone is expected to support things like Obamacare and Climate Change? Hollywood has it's own group think too. Capitol Hill has it's group think. And these big think tanks devise the way they want everyone else to think.
I'm not sure I would be able to think clearly if every day I had to walk through a metal detector just to go to a room where the teachers are pushing some kind of values clarification, which may include questionnaires on suicide and how would you do and what would it be like to die and so on. This is diabolical and why are they doing it to the most precious youth?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

one day working with a Student - I can't recall exactly what prompted me to ask whether he had taken his 'medication' but I recall very clearly his response. He told me he didn't like taking it because it made him feel sleepy. I responded by supporting his decision as he was utilising his cognition to make a choice about his body.

And you were using your own cognition to work with him on a one to one basis and I believe that in itself would be a help to him.
The new educational tool called Common Core is designed to take even the teachers out of the picture. Just two nights ago I heard a story about a local school where the kids were taking the test and the teacher did not see the test results or the test itself but was basically a babysitter. It's a bizarre way to do things if you ask me. We are headed for some really rough seas with this type of methodology.
I have also heard that a lot of teachers are quitting because of Common Core.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WontBeFooled

Thing is these medications don't put anything new into the body. Take SSRIs for example. What they do is bond with receptor sites on neurons and as a result allow serotonin that's already present in the synapse to remain there longer.

There is also a difference between anti-social and social anxiety. Antisocial Personality Disorder is what the layman would call psychopathy. Social Anxiety Disorder is what you call "extreme shyness." However, having had first hand experience with it I can tell you that it's much more than just being shy. It completely impacts every aspect of your life to the point where there are many days where you can't even leave the house. Let's not forget that it also has a high comorbidity rate with depression.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

I did not bother filling the last one out and the nurse handed it back, asking me to complete it "..for your file!"

This is where the medical establishment is going. While in school for IT, I found some books about the right to privacy in the Electronic Age, and one book suggested not just signing stuff without reading, and the author said why do they need you to give them your SS# when you go to a medical office. I went for an eye exam after that because you have to have an exam once a year to get contact lens prescription renewals(how's that for a racket) and sure enough the questionnaire asked for my Social and wanted me to sign a waiver saying that they can share my medical info with others in the health care field. Part of this is HIPAA but basically they make you sign something so they can share your data. It sounds like it's protecting your privacy right? But did I just sign away my privacy now because a waiver asks me to? I told them why did they need my Social for this? I was even paying out of pocket and there was no insurance involved.
Now Obamacare is really in the thick of it with all this privacy stuff and medical records. Stimulus money is spent on upgrading doctor's medical files to get them ready for electronic health records. The other part of this is that while they are spending tax payer dollars to upgrade offices for electronic records, the HITECH law which came out of the Stimulus punishes businesses heavily for breach of any medical record. Depending on how many records were involved in a breach, they can fine a business up to a million dollars, and they can give a cut of the fines to auditors who snitch on businesses. Everyone is culpable including CFO's, CEO's, and Network Administrators.
The person who had his records breached gets nothing.
In addition to this, the Common Core education system implemented by the Obama administration does active and aggressive data tracking on all the children and all kinds of stuff gets put in their files, from medical stuff to their attitudes to financial status of their families.
This is not just happenstance. It will be used in conjunction with electronic health records and data tracking in Obamacare to collect data and track everyone of us from cradle to grave. This is the Nanny State.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

psychiatry medicalising normal human reactions and even more sick of them medicalising criminal behaviour. I'm sick of them prescribing fatal medications for non-lethal conditions and what I think of them drugging children's developing brains ATS will not allow me to post.

It comes down to control. The Statists(no matter what party they hail from) and the Elites have to drug everybody to keep them from reacting to all the crazy stuff they are doing to society. People would revolt if they knew en masse what the Elites are really doing and planning, and what they have been doing for a century, that is stealing from the people through the Fed, indoctrinating the youth, and so many other things. Children are very sensitive and when they react to the stimulus of being indoctrinated into something diabolical or against nature, they have to be drugged to keep their reactions down.
This is likely why they won't remove flourides from the water supply. Depopulation is another aspect. John Holdren thinks that mass medicating people to sterilize them is ok, but he knows it is inherently wrong but somehow necessary.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Another oddity..is I have gotten four copies from my son's pediatrician's headquarters asking me to fill in a "quality" questionnaire. They claim it is completely anonymous and I am not under obligation to fill it out..if so, then I wonder why they keep sending me this questionnaire with notes like "we sent you this form recently but did not hear back, blah blah..".
So if this is just a simple form for rating the quality of my son's pediatrician, as they word it..then I have to wonder why so many of the six damn pages of questions are asking me personal issues about my son, such as if he has mental or behavioral issues. Righhhht.
Pretty suspicious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join