It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging..Talk about a racket!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Thank OP for the video

and I am with you Krazysh0t

The melancholy burden of sanity can suppress genius, and thank goodness the likes of Vincent vG and others were not locked up and medicated to conformity. I have seen energetic young people declared to be "suffering" from ADHD and medicated into submission, becoming lifeless and characterless.

Oh for a world where we can tolerate the non-conformers. And yes, I do understand that there are real socially unacceptable disorders, that require special atention.

Problem is that societal organisation cannot deal with those who do not fit into the "little boxes made of ticky tacky".

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I don't doubt people suffer from real mental illness. It's quite obvious that they do exist and there is a need for medical care. Is a psychotropic drug the only answer or is it the only option? The doctors either don't care they're too motivated by money to find a cause or a cure. I don't doubt for a moment that in some cases, drugs may be the only way to manage them but those cases are very small compared to the amount of people that are taking these pills for very minor things.

The point of this video is to show that if you classify as a human being, you are a potential customer and the way the system is set up and run, you probably can (and will, if you allow yourself to be tested) be diagnosed with some kind of "disorder" and then qualify for a drug. After watching the video and then doing a bit of side research last night, I am depressed and have social anxiety disorder. Probably a few more that I had in the past, like postpartum depression, seasonal depression and who knows what else. I don't sleep very well at night, so I'm sure I'd get a pill for that, too. In a matter of a few minutes in a doctor's office, if I told them these things, I would be walking away with a few prescriptions and probably be told I'd have to come back monthly for refills.

The absolute fraud going on in the industry is unreal. It's blatant! Prestigious medical journals, for which all doctors look towards for guidance, are funded by pharmaceutical companies through giant multi-page high-gloss advertisements. Articles published in these journals are being ghostwritten by pharma-paid writers and then influential doctors are paid to sign them. The mandatory continuing education seminars the doctors are required to go to--same thing--funded by pharma and lectured by paid pharmaceutical shills. It's absolute insanity.

This doesn't just happen with psychotropic drugs, though. My husband was told he had high blood pressure and instantly prescribed a pill and was told he would need to take it the rest of his life. She didn't tell him to look at his diet or tell him he needed to lose weight, which is what needed to be done. He took the medication for a bit, then started getting some side effects from it. The doc then prescribed him two more meds to counteract those side effects. After a few months of this and experiencing even more side effects, he said enough was enough and he chose not to take the pills and instead changed his diet and threw in some exercise. Imagine that--he no longer has high blood pressure. Everyone is out for a quick fix, to find the magic pill that will cure their ailments instead of getting off their duff and fixing the issue themselves. The doctors only encourage the pill-pushing and have no interest in cures or alternative lifestyle changes.

And, as an end note to this, there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to dope up a small child (or really any child under 18) with these psychotic poisons. The doctors that prescribe them should lose their licenses and the parents who fill the prescriptions and make their children take them shouldn't be allowed to be parents. Unfortunately, I know too many parents who's kids are doped up on something, mostly ADD and bipolar. Does it make them feel special or something?
I had this conversation with my mom a few weeks ago, wondering why every other mother I talk to in my neighborhood has their kids on something. What is so wrong with their kids? What is so wrong with them that makes them think something is wrong with their kids? I have 5 kids ages 8 through 22 and none of them ever had "mental illnesses." They're not special, they're kids. Maybe because I'm not on any drugs and all my facilities are in good working order that I can see what's going on. I didn't need to watch this video but it sure did put everything together very nicely.
edit on 12-4-2013 by CoherentlyConfused because: typos

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky

We always hear "follow the money" ...if half the reports and studies in the video are true then..A real Conspiracy "of the worse kind" is before our very own eyes.....One on line diagnostic screening test given to some children as early as the 7th grade are total frauds...During one test which was monitored and taken by everyday people had results that said 50% have a diagnosis of being mentally ill in some form and need drugs. 150 million in the states alone would need psychotropic drugs if the test were correct.

This video says there are 100 million people on Psychotropic drugs but that is not the main story of the video.
Basically it started with a 1967 meeting and how to control the emotions of a population by the year 2000. At approx 51 minutes in the video it says there are now 300 million prescriptions written yearly....

Chemical imbalance is a marketing tool used by the drug companies.

Some studies say Psychotropic drugs kill 2.5 times more people than homicides. Over half of all suicides are on Psychotropic drugs and if you look at rampage stabbings and shootings there is evidence that a psychotropic was involved.

FDA and the approval of these drugs along with the revolving door at FDA and the financial conflict of interest is covered along with the $100,000 fee (now 1 million fee) to expedite or fast track the drugs to market.

No one is immune from the diagnosis and ever expand net of the psychotropic drug net; invent a disease such as shyness and call it social anxiety disorder; Hey we got a drug that will fix that!! Almost all fiction........Drug testing for the drugs is highly suggestive and open to "professional interpretation"...The professionals who do the interpretation have a vested monetary interest in the approval process and with negative results disregarded the general population becomes the test subjects... .

The drugging of our children and the damage these drugs end up doing is a true conspiracy IMO.
edit on 11-4-2013 by 727Sky because: added 300 million

edit on 11-4-2013 by 727Sky because: 150 million test

"CONTROL the emotions by the year 2000?" I believe "emotions are out of control now because of these "wonder" drugs (yeah wonder why anyone would take them). The "chemical imbalance" I think occurs more readily, when taking these drugs to aid or fix an initially flimsy diagnosis.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

We are gradually becoming a nation of prescription drug addicts=ZOMBIES! I agree with all you said, as I have also written similar replies to threads on this subject...ever notice that THESE threads never receive the attention they deserve...kind of says something about the lack of general knowledge and awareness on this important subject...or are many of us too drugged up to notice?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Yes and I do agree with you..I had a company that provided Clinical Psychologist and LMSW (licensed master social workers) to rest/retirement homes. In-spite of what many may think the residents were not all wheeling around enjoying their golden years and some of the residents were quite young.. I sold that company several years ago to my secretary. The only reason I even bring this up is to mention a few things I observed during my dealings with the day to day handling of the business.

(1) Many mental health providers went to school and studied mental health issues to heal themselves. Sounds bad and in some cases it is, yet, many are effective because they have "been there done that and have the tee shirt (mental scars) to prove it".
(2) If you have a facility with "X" number of residents you do not want someone fighting, hitting, screaming, stealing and being an all around pain in the butt. The answer is a Mental Health professional who uses reason and words, test and evaluations to begin with and when that fails, drugs, which are used for the safety of the other residents.
(3) There was a government study several years ago that said 80% of all nursing homes residents had some form of mental illness. That study was in our marketing brochure for obvious reasons. I suppose if loneliness or the feeling of abandonment by family is a mental illness then the 80% might have some validity otherwise it is just another government study used to get a certain segment of society work..
Some of our social workers formed strong attachments to the residents becoming best friends and were a life line of well being to those who had nothing but a place to stay. The company did quite well and is still in business but is but a shadow of it's former self due to all the cut backs with government reimbursements for part A&B.

There may be those who would disagree with the above and that is their right however, I will stand by what I posted. Furthermore this thread really is not about those who have to take meds to function in society or have any sense of well being; it is about the misdiagnosis of children and adults based on a bias system that wants you in their program and the money you bring with you.

Are you uncomfortable speaking before a group, do you at times feel shy, lonely, worried, rejected etc etc (all normal growing up adolescent or teenage growing pains IMO) but hey, we have a drug for you and can make it better.....Just bring insurance and money.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is to the post from KrazyShot...

Yours is one of the best replies I've ever read on the subject of taking medication for ADHD. You are a fine example of why we must be very cautious of the "pill approach" for our children and ourselves!

edit on 12-4-2013 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2013 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

"This thread is different because it's about prescription medication... they frown upon discussions of the illegal variety"

Since the real drug crime is exploitation these drug companies along with the DEA,FBI, local law enforcement elected officials, as co-exploiters are drug criminals too.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Thanks for sharing, i have seen this video a while back and no matter how much propaganda the opposing parties can spew out about the benefits of chemically manufactured anti- depressants I can testify how dangerous those little pills can be for ones psyche. I was diagnosed with chemical depression 7 years ago and put on pills that made my outlook on life numb and emotionless, and lead me down a bumpy round of constantly getting into trouble for not giving a rats arse about anything including my own well being.

After about three years of trying different brands of the crap I decided to stop using it and smoke marijuana instead. That helped at certain intervals but followed by heavy dips of depressive behavior due to cannabis being a depressant and my regular dependency was depleting my serotonin levels. Pot can be beneficial if used occasionally for expansion of thought processes but too much of that little green devil will cause you allot of grief and obviously the legality factor is also a major pain in the buttocks

Now I try my very best to lead a healthy life, exercise regularly and steer far away form crappy preservative infested junk food and high amounts of alcohol and its been working wonders for me.
The scary part that most depressive people can relate to is in those low moments you almost feel completely stuck in a pit of despair and fear and feel that mindset that you have at that moment of time will be for life, but if you push hard and start looking after yourself and not hang around assholes and destructive people but instead focus on the good relationships you have even if its with a few people you can rise above and live a decent life. Well that's my personal 2 cents. Good video though I suggest people on anti-deps should give it a squiz.

Good things

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghoul138
reply to post by 727Sky

i have a few reasons why i'm a bit suspicious of the current trend of doping up kids/ppl 1.WE DON'T FULLY UNDERSTAND THE HUMAN BRAIN!! how the # can you go around messing with something when you don't even understand the subject that is being messed with,2.many psychologist/psychiatrists simply agree to disagree so in other words they just say,"hey well you say he has this i say he has that we aren't sure who's right but we know he has something",which is a bit stupid if you ask me if their field of studies is as well reasearched/organized/prepared/understood as it should be (and it should considering this are human beings your messing with) why do different professionals diagnose a patient with different conditions and just say screw it let's just find a middle ground.3.EVERYTHING IS A DISEASE TO THEM! and if it ain't currently it could be soon,a bunch of "professionals" meet together and vote on what is a real condition and what isn't diseases range from trouble sleeping,wetting the bed,short attention span,overeating,overthinking,this conditions are subjective and perhaps some might be real but it leaves so much open space for anyone who might now have a serious condition to be misdiagnosed and end up with a real condition due to the medication itself!

Your response also makes me question how LONG do they really test these drugs (new ones every week it seems) before touting their superior effects? I'm guessing not long enough, and that in itself is extemely dangerous to flaunt at us in every form of mass media available!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have a strange and interesting tale to tell relating to this subject.....It'll take me a while to frame it in a readily comprehensible format, but I'm very glad you raised the subject.

+S&F!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The word, MENTAL ILLNESS...yes, if we are lonely, angry, sad, stressed, etc. then we do have a MENTAL ILLNESS...everyone. Just look up the definition in the dictionary. That, to me is quite NORMAL!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
In the 90's, My son's school suggested that I take my 2 boys for an evaluation. They thought that they may need drugs. Oldest son was very hyper and had a huge imagination, youngest son was quite and daydreamer, starring outside wishing you could go play? Isn't both of these (disorders normal?). I refused evaluation and explained to their teachers and principal that my children would not be put on any drug and threaten to take my children out of the school. Oldest child made straight A's and the youngest struggled to make C's but does that make them have mental disorders? Good, no more suggestions from the school. Today my oldest son works for privately for the government and youngest son is into mechanical field job that allow him to be outside and work with his hands.

Last year the school suggested my twin grandsons (5 years old) needed an evaluation to be put on the drug. Really... I also have a few personal friends in the school system and was told that most of the school children were on drugs and was glad that we refused to take our grandchildren for evaluation.

Parents need to wake up! Sad to say but most people I know still take any medicine that is prescribed by their doctor and will take their children in to be put on meds if it is suggested by the school.

edit on 12-4-2013 by RunForTheHills because: left out part of a sentence

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

This isn't just limited to psychiatrists. The modern health system does not recommend treatments to conditions outside of their system. For example, I personally just went through a severe back injury, a herniated disc leading to 2 months of intense, shooting sciatica pain. The only treatment the doctor I visited pain medications, I was told flat out "there is nothing we can do." The statement is exactly correct. There is nothing the US health care system can do about certain ailments. I ended up seeing an acupuncturist, because I was up to 6 pain pills a day. I am on the road to healing, but I would have gone to an alternative therapist if the original doctor had said there is nothing we can do, but acupuncture has been known to work.

The health care system needs to be overhauled but legislation is not the answer. I honestly don't know the answer or even the first step. The only thing I know to be true is ask questions. Never take one doctors word for it. Talk to friends and family and do research. People/patients need to be actively involved in their health care throughout the process.

Finally, one aspect not discussed in this video is the pervasive effect on the water supply. Their is no known water filtration method to filter out these chemical cocktails out the water supply. The entire population is at risk of low dosages of these substances like it or not.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I've been weening myself of off zoloft for about 4 years now. I started to notice a decreased sex drive, and it majorly mulls up your thinking process. I'm an artist, and it has definitely crippled my creative processes. I was practically forced to take it because of some fearful misinterpretations among my family, and now there is no way to get off of it. I've worked it down to 10 milligrams, but there's still no way to stop taking it without constant waves and flashes that make me feel even stupider and super dizzy. I basically can't stop taking it without these permanent side effects. Thank you so much you *****!

Don't ever let anyone prescribe this stuff to you. Sometimes you feel down, and your the only one who can solve that. They don't tell you this, but spending even just a few hours out in the woods is the best medicine there is.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Glad to see a thread about this.
I keep posting this video in threads on the subject.
Not sure many actually watched it, considering some had responded I was being ignorant and or reckless in suggesting these drugs are dangerous. Seems that those on these drugs, or those knowing or having been given any mental illness label are deeply offended. If it worked for them they conclude it works for everybody else and they unfortunately believe if a person committed any violent act towards others or to themselves " was this way before". This video says otherwise and there are stats to back this up.

Hopefully now it will be seen.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I can't help feeling like there is still a lot of negative stigma going on here about mental illness.
There are a lot of posters here talking about how "oh, let's give everyone a mental illness" when really mental illness comes in many sizes.
Some mental illnesses, like depression, might only last the length of the common cold.
Some mental illnesses, though, are more like dealing with diabetes and kidney failure at the same time.
It seems like some people just aren't able to comprehend that here. It's wrong to lump everyone together.

To compare say the short term depression after a loved one passes, verses the long term brain changing effects of long term depression and anxiety are two completely different things.

For the sake of the argument, myself I have mild OCD and generalized anxiety disorder.I used to have panic disorder. If I could just "snap" out of it tomorrow, I would give 5 years of my life to do so.

I have only ever seen one mental heath specialist and I've never taken a prescription pill to fight it in my life.In fact, I asked the specialist for non-pill treatment and she was able to give me some helpful advice on thought patterns.
I have always used positive thinking techniques and natural health cures. But not everyone is smart enough to know the way out. Not everyone can make the choice to change their thinking patterns or get treated. I'm doing better, but everyday is challenging.

For those who would say "there weren't all these problems years ago.".. to a point yes, diet wise, but they were still there... "oh, that guy.. he just ain't right." or "why don't you man up?" comes to mind..

I agree that there is a hundred reasons why what Big Pharma is doing in the States is wrong. I'm not American, but there is similar treatment issues up north here, too.
Things need to change to address hormone balancing through exercise and healthy eating as a main cure for those who can do that.
I agree that medications usually do more harm than good, especially for children.
But medications can and do help some people.

Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

The reason why mental illnesses are not medical conditions are because there is no medical test ( blood test, tissue sample, xray etc. ) to show evidence of the condition. Psychiatrist decides if you fit the criteria the DSM lists for a mental illness, then they prescribe you what they feel is going to work.

There is no scientific method to diagnose like in real medicine, which is what you are refering to when you observe the manner that many reject 'mental illnesses' as medical conditions.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wanted to also say, this a good thread, i've seen this video a while back and it's good to share here. The tides are turning and people are generally starting to realize the 'pump you up with pills' philosophy is flawed, as well as the entire 'psuedoscience' that supposedly supports what those pills do. Thanks OP

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Myself included as a guinea pig for Big Pharm, have been trying to get off of Citalopram for a couple years now but the side effects of withdrawal are worse than staying on it. Not to mention, in case of an overdose it causes death by messing with the electrical signals to the heart. I've had more side effects than noticeable help or cure for my "anxiety panic disorder", but it has kept me sober for 4 years, mind-set or not.

I was in and out of detox for some years, and ended up in a "Disneyland" rehab center. I hated sober life until the Citalopram kicked in, but after some years the strange side effects got me worried and I tried to quit taking it and withdrawals were terrible. Ended up renewing my prescription for another year in fear of the withdrawals. Isn't it ironic that a drug that makes me anxious to take it is supposed to be helping me with anxiety? I was a HUGE anti-pill popper until I started taking this drug, I don't even know who I am anymore!

Thank you for the thread and DANG it's a long video, still need to finish it. Xenongod

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
Myself included as a guinea pig for Big Pharm, have been trying to get off of Citalopram for a couple years now but the side effects of withdrawal are worse than staying on it. Not to mention, in case of an overdose it causes death by messing with the electrical signals to the heart. I've had more side effects than noticeable help or cure for my "anxiety panic disorder", but it has kept me sober for 4 years, mind-set or not.

I was in and out of detox for some years, and ended up in a "Disneyland" rehab center. I hated sober life until the Citalopram kicked in, but after some years the strange side effects got me worried and I tried to quit taking it and withdrawals were terrible. Ended up renewing my prescription for another year in fear of the withdrawals. Isn't it ironic that a drug that makes me anxious to take it is supposed to be helping me with anxiety? I was a HUGE anti-pill popper until I started taking this drug, I don't even know who I am anymore!

Thank you for the thread and DANG it's a long video, still need to finish it. Xenongod

I got off Citalopram, did it the hard way, just stopped one day, My GP told me at some point it just didn't work any-more, that helped. I remember the "brain shakes." Where it feels like your brain itself is spassing out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join