It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitcoin crash/panic selling

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
thats pretty easy, pass laws on the books that you cant have that kind of currency........

How do you suppose does a bank pass laws, let alone enforce laws, let alone laws that would dictate what we can and cannot do using the Internet? Clearly you have crazy ideas as to the extent that their reach has... ideas far beyond the realms of reality.

Pull funding or refuse to do business with any business that uses bit coins..........

Pull what funding? Refuse to do business?

I'm not even going to bother any further... I suggest you spend far less time reading on ATS and worrying about how oh so powerful "TPTB" are and get back to reality.

If the people in mass decide to put their trust into Bitcoin, than that is the strongest backing it can have, and it will thrive no matter what you believe the big Bankers can do.
edit on 11/4/13 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Your thinking is flawed. You are still failing to grasp the concept of a new standard.

Its converted value in relation to the monetary standard is only a factor during buy/sell to the 'relative' standard. Within the system, monetary standard it is merely a gauge. Which otherwise has NOTHING TO DO WITH A SEPARATE STANDARD.

By the reasoning you propose, gold merchants of the world are the true powers behind the banking monetary system, as it is their true worth system, a completely separate standard by which the value of the monetary system is 'gauged'.

Therefore you propose they must be able to dictate the value the child system??

WRONG!

They are about as effective on that standard as a handbreak is on a canoe.

The reason being (I will repeat this for the 5th time) true value is dictated by collective perception of worth! it doesn't matter what the banks 'tell' you something is worth, even if they are delivering their opinion on it door-to-door. Without public acceptance of that level worth, it does not hold it!!

The monetary standard will only be 'influential' to bitcoin for as long as it takes to sufficiently implement the digital infrastructure needed to completely supersede it independently. Then it will truly be as worthless as the paper it is printed on in relation to bitcoin.

Who do you think is behind the cyber attacks on the system of recent? And the related media bad press about it being those exploiting the 'weakness of the system'.??? I'll tell you exactly who, the banks. Because trying to stop the surge of bitcoin in a world full of people jaded within the current system is going to be like trying to put out a wildfire with a water-pistol. They know it.

10 years, the monetary system will be completely worthless.

And yes, I'll happily allow you to mock me all you like about the Annunaki. Not that the existence of E.T is at all relevant to anything in this thread, but I am a highly rational/logical guy of well above average intelligence who understands well what constitutes 'hallucination' or 'imagination', and I can tell you I've seen them and they are very, very much real. It is not too far off into our future now until you aren't going to be laughing about that either.

Regardless, dismissing Bitcoins ability to propose a new accepted standard of worth, is going to prove for you, to be like dismissing the 'car' as ever becoming prominent as a form of transport as it doesn't have 'true horsepower'.

Best of luck.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by SilentKoala

I was lucky enough to sell before all this happened, but even those who bought at the beginning of the year are still up over 1000%

1000%? are you sure about that?

Yes. If you bought at 10 and sold at 100, that's 10 times your original investment, or 1000%.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
No way am I selling.... no hang on...... I don't have any!

Whew!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again, A currency set up by and only used by Pc literate people is a non- starter.

Those that have em will promote them, but at the end of the day it will only be a commodity...and a very volatile one at that.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
A currency set up by and only used by Pc literate people is a non- starter.

That's a good point.

Half the people that live around me out here in the boonies wouldn't have a clue how to turn on a computer, let alone mine the world wide web for virtual coinage.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Dam thats a huge increase

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Did anybody actually think the fed (and by extension, the US gov't) would allow this alternative currency to be freely traded?? They're the most crooked and devious players in the stock market.

I agree, there are vested interests who will not want to see an alternative currency succeed, and I can imagine there would be efforts by the Fed to destroy it.

It's pretty easy to do, just buy up a hell of a lot over a period of time, prep an internet team for timed release of propaganda, then sell everything off and give the green light to your team of trolls... panic ensues and the sell-off spreads.

It doesn't cost them anything to do this, in fact they could MAKE money (as Bitcoin even suggested) by the manipulation of this and the destruction of the currency too.

It was pretty naive of those supporting and using it to think that they would be allowed to carry on and grow. All of financial history shows us that there are always powerful groups of individuals who rely on the control of the money, they're never going to just hand it over that easily.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
just checked....80 dollars now....who will wait till it hits $5 before they sell?..."a fool and his money are soon parted".....the idea that bitcoin is a more reliable "money" than the US dollar is absurd. the only conspiracy here is with the people that write the code for the creation, and trade platform of bitcoin
edit on 12-4-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

62.55 now !!!

Doesn't look like anyone's buying........oh dear.
edit on 12-4-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
just checked....80 dollars now....who will wait till it hits $5 before they sell?..

I'd say a heck of a lot more are waiting for it to hit $5 so they can buy.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

So you can physically take your Bitcoins and go to the mall and buy a new suit with them?

I cannot watch videos at the moment, but I will watch.....Which I am sure not a one of them includes anything about Bitcoin....I would actually be willing to bet on that....But anyways

You can praise Bitcoin all you want and buy all you want, it is not my money you are throwing away.....But I am telling you this will not last long and all time and money invested will be wasted!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
reply to post by jimmyx

62.55 now !!!

Doesn't look like anyone's buying........oh dear.

But everyone.....It's going to go through the roof......BUY NOW!!!

Sell them while you can still keep some of your money.....This has run its course, unfortunately.....

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by YapTalk

So you can physically take your Bitcoins and go to the mall and buy a new suit with them?

I cannot watch videos at the moment, but I will watch.....Which I am sure not a one of them includes anything about Bitcoin....I would actually be willing to bet on that....But anyways

You can praise Bitcoin all you want and buy all you want, it is not my money you are throwing away.....But I am telling you this will not last long and all time and money invested will be wasted!

You said in each and every single thread about Bitcoin that ANY alternative currency in the US that can be used in stores etc hence competing with the dollar is ILLEGAL.

I showed a bunch of videos of local, ALTERNATIVE, US currencies that are used and have been used for years in different States.

These currencies have also been on each and every main stream media channel so it is not like they are "hidden" from the US government in any way.

So, please explain how you can say that ANY alternative currency is "ILLEGAL" please.

Also, show your work.... show THE LAW that says that alternative currencies are illegal.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

BerkShares are a local currency designed for use in the Berkshire region of Massachusetts issued by BerkShares, Inc., a non-profit organization working in collaboration with participating local banks, businesses, and non-profit organizations.

Real Banks that also accept Bershares

Here is an alternative currency that "must be illegal" also

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Bitcoin isnt finished...yet. It will surge again, be around for a few more years and fluctuate as it has.

I am kicking myself for not getting in at the start (I would have long ago cashed out) but there is no way I would risk anything at this point (even if it hit $5)- I understand the desire and the need for a new "safe" commodity with low entry barriors but Bitcoin can never make it as an accepted currency and will never be "mainstream" for too many reasons I do not have the energy to write.

But hey, its your money- Your risk and your reward if you make a killing. I wish you all luck.

I have noticed a HUGE amount of chatter on bitcoin from RT, max Kaiser and many others . Hell, if I had a vested interest of owned bitcoins I , too, would be pushing everyone to BUY BUY BUY. Like Amco (or whatever that place was called)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
OMG!!!!

Another "counterfeiter" making his OWN money LEGALLY!!!

Call the FEDS!!!

edit on 12-4-2013 by YapTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
55 +/- (with 50 as my extreme target) is in major support for BTC....BUY EM!
More analysis on this in the "ALERT" thread on Bitcoin.
edit on 12-4-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

I wish I could watch your videos, I can't.....Youtube is completely blocked or I would love to battle you on this.....

You can make whatever currency you want....That doesn't resemble the US dollar (counterfitting).....That is pointless, because you have to have a market for it and a value assessed to your currency....

I can say monopoly money is worth something, that doesn't mean Bloomingdales will take it for a new dress shirt.....

You can do whatever your little heart desires, what I am saying is you cannot take Bitcoin out of your account and spend it wherever you want......Hence my phrasing....WORTHLESS

You will see what happens.....It will continue to crash until everyone bails.....Then the makers and people in the know will buy them all up which will raise the price, then sell to regular people at higher prices......They sell....etc

This is how the stock market works......It is a scam, when prices flucuate drastically like this, there is a scam involved.....Plus you can't spend them wherever you want.....Other than trying to turn profits buying and selling, how is this Bitcoin investment a good one? You think it will take over the dollar? You have to have some sort of money involved in this, I am sorry about that.....But people don't understand people make things like this all the time.....It is a scam....

So the Bitcoin wants to rival the dollar and get rid of it, huh? What are you using to purchase your Bitcoin??

Anywho.....Fun times we live in....Sift through the trash and poop next time you want to invest money....

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by YapTalk

I wish I could watch your videos, I can't.....Youtube is completely blocked or I would love to battle you on this.....

Let me know when you have watched the videos about legal alternate currencies in the US and we can then talk about them.

You can make whatever currency you want....That doesn't resemble the US dollar (counterfitting).....That is pointless, because you have to have a market for it and a value assessed to your currency....

Every alternate currency I listed in the videos etc has a market. You can go to the store and buy groceries and all with them. Some of them are even accepted in banks as I wrote a few posts above.

I can say monopoly money is worth something, that doesn't mean Bloomingdales will take it for a new dress shirt.....

Yet, the currencies I listed are accepted in stores etc

You can do whatever your little heart desires, what I am saying is you cannot take Bitcoin out of your account and spend it wherever you want......Hence my phrasing....WORTHLESS

No, what you actually have said over and over is that Bitcoin IS illegal.

This is my actual battle with you, you claim over and over that currencies that "rival" the US dollar are illegal, I have shown that is NOT true. I still wait to see you explain the ILLEGALITIES of alternate currencies in the US. All you have to do for me is show your work... the actual law that says they are illegal etc.

You will see what happens.....It will continue to crash until everyone bails.....Then the makers and people in the know will buy them all up which will raise the price, then sell to regular people at higher prices......They sell....etc

I have no problem there personally, I own no Bitcoins nor speculate.

This is how the stock market works......It is a scam, when prices flucuate drastically like this, there is a scam involved.....Plus you can't spend them wherever you want.....Other than trying to turn profits buying and selling, how is this Bitcoin investment a good one? You think it will take over the dollar? You have to have some sort of money involved in this, I am sorry about that.....But people don't understand people make things like this all the time.....It is a scam....

As stated above, I have no $$ in Bitcoins, I'm simply calling you out since you claim that alternative currencies in the US are illegal when I know for a fact they are not.

So the Bitcoin wants to rival the dollar and get rid of it, huh? What are you using to purchase your Bitcoin??

Nothing, I am not an speculator

Anywho.....Fun times we live in....Sift through the trash and poop next time you want to invest money....

Yet you are a cheerleader for the US dollar that is simply printed out of thin air. You see, Bitcoin, the US Dollar, alternative US currencies ALL have the same thing in common...

They are all legal yet backed by nothing BUT faith.
edit on 12-4-2013 by YapTalk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join