It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children: Imaginary Friend, or Spirit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Last evening, I gave my 3 year old son and 2 year old daughter a bath after we ate "din din". An hour after that I put them to bed. Both of them are really good at knowing when it is time to go "night night" so normally I have no issues. Simply a hug and a kiss and an "I love you, Good Night" and they fall asleep.

Upon putting them to bed my wife and I decided we were going to watch a movie. About five minutes into the movie we hear our son in his room talking. He was talking pretty loud as if he was having a conversation with someone. We pressed pause on the movie and snuck up to his door to eves drop.

He was seriously talking to someone. It was rather strange because, like I stated earlier, both my children usually lay down and go to bed right after we kiss them goodnight.
I kinda shrugged it off like he was just playing, maybe talking to an imaginary friend.

My wife goes in there and starts asking my 3 year old son some questions...
"Who are you talking to Giovanni? Is it your friend?"
--He chuckles a little bit and smiles. He then tries to say the name but cannot get it out....
He then leans over to my wife and says, "It's Daddy's friend".
--My wife tucked him back in and he went to sleep.

So now I'm stuck wondering if my son is just playing around and has an imaginary friend, or if a spirit is talking to my son.....
Not really sure what to do.

-I did have a good friend (I considered him a brother) that passed away last summer. The guy was like an older brother to me since elementary school.
Don't really know what to say or do. Kinda has me a bit curious and slightly wierded out.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I would wonder too... Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Interesting.

When we were young, my older brother had an imaginary friend. He was always talking to him. His name was Horace Femur. No, I am not making this up. My father still talks about it on occasion.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Get your son to draw what they look like.

A friend of the families daughter has something following her and it scares her.
Her mom had her draw it and it seems to be some spirit.
Had to do a "cleaning" to have it go away.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Okay Kids talk to themselves firstly, and they do have " imaginary friends" . I used to.

And there is a difference between spirits and imaginary friends.

Imaginary friends are just like companions that they " make up" in their heads, and they make imaginary play scenarios with them or just have conversations. As you know they also do this with teddys, dolls, or to various toy objects.

Spirits are usually seen and may suprise a child or toddler or an adult. And its RARE that spirits are seen, heard or felt. So I wouldnt put too much emphasis on it. Just wait till your child is older and they will verify it was a spirit that they felt they had encounter with or if it was really just them playing.

There is nothing you have to do. Dont be ridiculous. Just ask him more questions and see what he says. If he says " Hey dad this is your friend tommy, he died in a car crash, hes tall and heavy". Then you know he has a psychic side to his nature.
edit on 11-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Since there are other paranormal effects like 11:11 synchronicity going on right now in the world to an higher extent than before then there is from my point of view a bigger chance that this is real than it would have been 10 years ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Well I know the difference between imaginary friends and spirits.
I have never had an imaginary friend nor have I seen a spirit.

I just found it strange that he mentioned it was my friend.
--Don't want to read into it much, but I guess the investigative side really cant help it.

I certainly don't my son scared of something in his room that I can't fix.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Yes, I am saying then ask him more questions. Or test his intuition. There have always been kids who are more psychic than others and who can attune to vibes/energies/spirits very fast.

You could try an indigo childrens website they may have tips for parents who have children of this nature.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Like someone else had stated, let your child draw this 'friend' and ask more questions if you are concerned.

My son just talks to himself, he's 7. He doesn't ever say he has a friend he talks to. I had an imaginary friend that I could not see named Fred. I didn't have any siblings growing up, my sis was born when I was 16.

Anyhow..my cousin had an imaginary friend when she was four.
She told us it would make her do bad things, and she had a name, but I cannot remember it.
Well my grandma being the religious person she is went around the house stating in a loud voice, while no one was home, ' anything wicked in this place...get out in the name of the father, son and holy spirit'
She said that in every room.
My cousin came home and my grandma did not tell her what she had done, but my cousin came out of her room and said..'my friend is gone' it sent chills up my grandmas spine. And who knows who or what that 'friend' was.
Or why it left after my grandma did that...
strange to me...

Good luck to you, and I wouldn't be too worried about it

Peace and love
-nat cat-

Also...didn't you say you're son was just talking away and didn't seem scared?
edit on 11-4-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here is a VERY informative website for you or other parents who have very intutive children

www.perceptivechildren.org...

Try it. It lets you know how to see if your child is talented in this area.

The lady whos website it is goes into great dephs on how to identify if your child is gifted and in what ways.

She is also available to email with more specific questions I think. It also has a support forum. So you can meet other parents with like minded children and share experiences.
edit on 11-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Interesting that he would say he was talking to 'your' friend. If it is indeed the spirit of your deceased friend, at least your child wasn't frightened. I too would ask him to draw a pic or describe the 'friend' in detail. Then again, if it is something evil, it could be tricking the kid. Or...it could be nothing at all. If nothing bad happens, I wouldn't worry about it. Keepyour eyes and ears open and keep us posted.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Since you mention your son is 3, and your friend died last summer, I have to wonder if your son has a strong memory of your friend. Assuming they'd met before your friend's passing, could you possibly show your son a picture of your friend? Maybe ask your son if he remembers him? I'm thinking this could allow your son an opportunity to direct a conversation about this issue himself, without you putting any ideas into his head. You know how little ones can sometimes go on and on about a topic, once you introduce it.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
It makes you wonder if young children whose senses have not yet been numbed , can percieve more of what could be all around us? Other planes, dimensions, residual energies etc. I know that sounds a bit hippyish but we as human beings have a limited visual, hearing spectrum. We cant see infra red or hear or sense what an animal can. But maybe as an unpoluted naive and unjaded child, we can. just a thought.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2013 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reminds me of Tulpa
creepy pasta funny.

I always found this interesting how some kids can be more imaginative than others,
as for me I never. I led a very boring kid life when I think about it, even asked my mom as
well.

Sometimes wonder if its a actual spirit people are playing with, or people
have reallly good imaginations, im not one for imaginations, theres a interesting thread about
them. While some people can actually "imagine" things happening right infront of them?
thats what i hear wish I could do that.

Even with dead relatives pass away, some kids tend to see them or play with them 1 last time
as well, since kids are more easily influenced than adults are. I find it some kids can be
scary when you think about.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
If your friend was just like a brother to you maybe he has just came back as your sons minder or watcher my daughter who is 33 thinks my mother (who died when i was a baby) is watching over her and i also think this as my daughter was in an awful accident and should not be with us to-day but she said she felt someone lift her and shield her from a blast that happened a few years ago.

My daughter went to see a medium last month and she told her that my mum is with her and protects her when she can, she also said to my daughter about her lights in the house flickering over the days leading up to seeing this medium and my daughter said yes they have, it was a way of letting my daughter no it was her

I do remember my daughter having a friend when she was younger even going to the trouble of sometimes putting another plate out at dinner time lol when she started school her wee friend was never talked of again though i never asked her many questions about the friend i now wish i had as she can't remember herself.

I have also felt i have someone watching over me as i was in a bad accident 7 years ago that i shouldn't have walked out of, my jeep slipped on a greasy country road and i lost control and it flipped i remember thinking oh no this is it and even had time to tell god to welcome me into his arms lol, i felt hands around my head as if to protect me from the roll i was in, i ended upside down and was able to climb out and jump down from the jeep, i had lumps and bumps but otherwise i was fine, the police told my husband he couldn't understand how i came through it without more than lumps and bumps wow!! After seeing the jeep days later i understood why.

Oh and my sister told me i also had a wee friend when i was younger though i can't remember.

Nice thread i s/f it for you as it was a lot lighter than being the blown of the earth threads lol thank you

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
ps I think your son will be fine but do ask questions as others have said in there posts if anything it will make you feel a lot better with his friend and we are all here for you

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I would think that asking questions effects the outcome.

Just showing interest would make the child play along; either thinking it was a game or just a way to get some attention. After a while of this they would just "remember" things happening the way they wanted them to.

In essence it creates a false memory.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I wouldn't pay too much attention to it. Watch it, but at this point, don't spend too much energy on it. Try talking to your son like "pretending is fun sometimes" like pretending to fly an airplane, pretending to drive a car. Try to channel his imagination towards more concrete pretending instead of what could be a spiritual "friend".

The story goes, if your a reader of the paranormal (which I have to assume you are or you wouldn't be here), the more our focus is on activity like this, the more activity you may see. I say that as our focus could be the result of many manifestations. Many scientists even prescribe to this theory.

Again, I would play with your son and pretend with him. As a father, he's naturally going to listen to YOU more than any imaginary friend and he doesn't, then you may need to investigate a little more to try to see what's up. I'm pretty sure it will go away soon.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
He was probably talking to the others. I don't think they are actually spirits.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
For many years people thought this was a phase to have an imaginary friend But with the knowledge people have now it might be something else. Maybe young children can see and hear things we adults can not so maybe it is above our comprehension and not write it off that maybe something is there. So maybe Question the friend and ask it what it's real name is and where it lives or something like that. I'm sure the Imaginary Friend will be more than willing to Cooperate. Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join