Biden: Gun Owners 'Like The Way It Feels…Like Driving a Ferrari'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

I wasn't trying to say most. I meant many. I believe there's a lot more of these people than you'd think. I'm sure the majority of gun owners aren't like this, and are perfectly normal people. But we're talking about 100 million people right? While 100,000 people is a very small fraction of that, I still consider that many people. And if I had to guess, 100,000 people is about how many of the gun owners are truly crazy and obsessive.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

well the easiest way to spot a crazy obsessive person is to talk to them for a few minutes. if they are armed, more should be armed

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Every human being should be armed all the time for the same reason the police or military want to.

For the same reason a politician needs 10 body guards..
edit on 12-4-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Fact: The places with the toughest gun control laws in the country have the highest numbers of gun related crimes and deaths.

Wrong. Yes, places with gun control and big urban or minority areas have lots of crime, but areas with gun control that don't have those types of places have low gun crime, like Vermont for instance.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

for the same reason a crab has pincers, a cobra has fangs, a chimpanzee uses simple tools, cavemen used spears, and the same reasons we as man have used fire and steel

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by Bioshock

Mental issues, like desiring a murder weapon, and firing it because it feels cool.

Man, you're good at digging holes. You should get a job at a cemetery.

cool story, bro....

you're really good at trolling....you should get a job doing it..

......o wait...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

That's an interesting point. That makes me consider an interesting scenario and makes me wonder. Is it healthy for a society to have a certain population of people who are like you describe? Healthy in that it give the population more of a credible threat against tyranny that would otherwise not be there or considerably less?

Or, rather conversely, are the people who regard firearms so obsessively relatively harmless? Something akin to car enthusiasts, coin collectors, or any other person who collects some material object and dotes on them like Gollum and the ring because they just like them, crazy they may be.

I certainly don't know the answer. But it has me thinking.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Originally posted by CB328

Fact: The places with the toughest gun control laws in the country have the highest numbers of gun related crimes and deaths.

Wrong. Yes, places with gun control and big urban or minority areas have lots of crime, but areas with gun control that don't have those types of places have low gun crime, like Vermont for instance.

Did you just cite Vermont? One of the gun friendliest states in the Union? Seriously... gun control in Vermont? Are you being dry or daft? I'm seriously asking because I can't tell. Vermont has more lax gun laws than Texas. Oh man haha. You can open carry in Vermont without a permit. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the ignorance is astounding, absolutely astounding.

edit on 12-4-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

reply to post by Vasa Croe

You collect guns and knives because...... you think it's cool. Now go ahead and tell me that you breathe but don't breathe. This is funny.

I like to shoot

And you just proved my point.

you are an idiot.

so it's wrong because he likes it, and you don't?

I like sandwiches, think perhaps they should be done away with?

I think golf is dumb, perhaps we should do away with that....those clubs are AWFUL dangerous....

or perhaps kereoke, or swimming, or Steven segal movies..

seriously....just stop
edit on 12-4-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

On July 25, 1981, 37-year old University of Vermont student Mary Elizabeth Critchley disappeared while hitchhiking. She was last spotted near Interstate 91 at the Massachusetts/Vermont border, as she had been hitchhiking to Waterbury, Vermont where she lived with a friend. On August 9, 1981, her body was found in a wooded area off Unity Stage Road in Unity, New Hampshire. Owing to the condition of the body, the medical examiner was unable to determine a cause of death.[1][2]

On September 19, 1985, the remains of Ellen Fried were found in a wooded area near the banks of the Sugar River in Kelleyville, New Hampshire. Postmortem examination revealed evidence of multiple stab wounds and probable sexual assault.[2]

Six days later, the remains of Eva Morse were found by loggers about 500 feet from where Mary Elizabeth Critchley's body had been discovered in 1981. Postmortem examination found evidence of knife wounds to Morse's neck

vermont. ... sounds charming. every place has it's dark nooks and cranny's, i for one would not be in vermont, the evergreen state or any area of fema region x for that matter unless i were armed. you know canada has a highway of tears, a gun restricting country with rediculous laws prohibiting pistol ownership. even rural, or urban areas require fire and steel to traverse their territories
edit on 12-4-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Umm......

That was dry sarcasm right?

New York......lol
Chicago.......lol
California........lol
Washington D.C.......lol
Vermont........not so much, could you please sight an example that isn't ignorance based?

Are you even really trying here?

Was that really the best you could do?

Why not just admit your position is unrealistic and nonsensical?

It would save ATS a lot of server space.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

ironic how much common sense these folks lack who have not dissolved a mile into the wilderness have so much to say about the wild

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Vasa Croe

No surprise that you live your life based on idioms and bumper stickers.

Good thing you'll never be in a position of power. I will, though. And I'll take your gun.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

you....in a position of power?

only in your dreams, and thinking people's nightmares....

position of power....now who's fantasizing?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Well, he's right.

How many people on this site alone are gun nuts because they think it's cool? Now imagine the rest of the country.

Ugh, I hate Americans sometimes.

Why does it matter the reason an American owns a gun?

The only time it matters is when they use that gun to kill.

People act like every single gun owner is a nut job.

I plan on buying a shotgun with a 20 round drum, a semi auto .308 sniper rifle with a 30 round mag, and a Judge by the end of this year!
Why?
Because I feel like it and the government has no right to restrict that unless I am a felon and/or cant pass a psychological test which neither are the case.

You hate Americans sometimes because they just want to own a firearm and the government feels otherwise, well that makes you a #ing prick!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

awsome post, couldnt have said it any better, star for you!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Why do gun control supporters spend so much time condemning the gun owners? Why do they feel they can tell us what we can and can't own?

I don't agree with celebrities buying $250,000 cars for their sixteen year old kids but do i complain about it? No. It's their right to. Why are we gun owners so interesting? I mean, i go to work, come home, clean my yard, work in the garage and i'm friendly to everyone i meet. I'm not looking for a fight anywhere. I think i'm pretty boring actually.

Why are they worried about my guns? Why not the government? The debt? The drones? The patriot act? The NDAA? Why can't we all work together, normal people, to solve the real problem that's hurting us all?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Sir, in all honesty, you should not be downing anyone as you spell your name in ebonics.

What makes you the judge of others recreational activities if they're not harming you or anyone else?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
Why do gun control supporters spend so much time condemning the gun owners? Why do they feel they can tell us what we can and can't own?

I don't agree with celebrities buying $250,000 cars for their sixteen year old kids but do i complain about it? No. It's their right to. Why are we gun owners so interesting? I mean, i go to work, come home, clean my yard, work in the garage and i'm friendly to everyone i meet. I'm not looking for a fight anywhere. I think i'm pretty boring actually.

Why are they worried about my guns? Why not the government? The debt? The drones? The patriot act? The NDAA? Why can't we all work together, normal people, to solve the real problem that's hurting us all?

Because the NDAA drones etc..... are all the .gov, and gun grabbers think the .gov is above reproach on all issues at all times.

They have an issue where they think mom and dad need to keep everyone in line, instead of growing up and taking personal responsibility like the rest of us grown folks.

Well that, and the whole projecting their faults onto the rest of us, I e.. they know they are not trustworthy, so they assume the rest of us aren't either, so they project their own personal faults and failings onto the rest of us.

You know, progressive 101. Hence it being the dems in favor of most of this crap. Most of the repubs are against, but still go along, so they aren't too trust worthy either.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Do you understand how stupid that sounds? Really, did you think before you wrote that?

Also, can you please explain to me the difference between your first example and your second?

Edit: I would just like to know how this man can compare Vermont to any city. I'm from Philadelphia, and I've been to Vermont, it's like saying you bit into an apple and tasted an orange.
edit on 4/12/2013 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bioshock

I am starting to wonder if this guy has some kind of mental issues due to age or being a progressive for so many years.

Being progressive is a sickness of the mind I kinda feel sorry for them. If you are not a liberal by the time you are 20 you have no heart if you are not a conservative by the time you are 30 you have no brains.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join