Biden: Gun Owners 'Like The Way It Feels…Like Driving a Ferrari'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bioshock

This old argument? *sigh* What are guns for? Don't play f'n stupid either. (Then again, you're probably not playing) What are guns for?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

He really is that big of a clueless moron progressive.

Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by Galvatron

If you want a gun, and would refuse to turn it in if gun laws change, you're a gun nut.

Have you ever heard the term "the British are coming"?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Vasa Croe

You collect guns and knives because...... you think it's cool. Now go ahead and tell me that you breathe but don't breathe. This is funny.

No...I collect them because they are usable art to me. I tend to get to know each custom gunsmith or knife maker I buy from and keep a relationship with them. I like to shoot and I keep a pocket knife on me daily for whatever I may need to use it on.

I have hunted but am not a fan...takes to long and I don't have time to spend a weekend on it. I also shoot bows quite a bit and am teaching my kids to as well.

Maybe you are young or have never been threatened or had your family threatened before but it is a life changing experience and you don't ever want it to happen again.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Well, he's right.

How many people on this site alone are gun nuts because they think it's cool? Now imagine the rest of the country.

Ugh, I hate Americans sometimes.

There are exits to the North, South, East and West.

I will gladly begin a collection to assist you in your exodus from a Country that you don't like.

Still doesn't matter why, the only important fact is that we have a RIGHT to own firearms.

Gotta wonder what the reasoning is that Biden lied about so many things in his career. Maybe like the whole shooting at the Amish community where he claimed he could hear the shots.

Or, why do Progressives want to control so much of life here in the US.

Nah, just banter on about gun control and your fear of an inanimate object.

edit on 11-4-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

If you want a gun, and would refuse to turn it in if gun laws change, you're a gun nut.

Its like this. If you buy your mix down at the state store your a drinker. If you buy moonshine from Clem Hatfield your a hillbilly.

One thing for sure, if they cahnge the gun laws and folks go to jail over it.....thay are political prisoners not criminals.

link   

Yeah, have you looked at a calendar and noticed what year it is? The British are coming. LMFAO

link   

If you want to grow your own food, and would refuse to stop if the laws say you cant and must eat GMO foods and no longer allow organic food to be produced, what are you?

Just an example... we are suppose to be free, this is america not the ussr although daily its more resembling russia and other non democratic places... Just because the gov decides to change the laws around with no reason to do so and not solving any actual problems as well as changing the laws for the wrong reasons, its our right and duty to stand up and not follow that law until its removed.

Do some research, most gun deaths involve guns that are no legally owned, they are either stolen and used to commit crime or bought on the black market. Very few illegal gun acts use the guns that are owned legally by the person who commits the crime.

I don't care if it feels like smoking crack to you when you shoot a gun its no ones right to tell you that you can't shoot a gun at the range and enjoy it and if that is the reason you wan to give to start on your way to outlawing guns all together because that is where its going and that is the end game here and we all know it, then you are a treasonous traitor to the USA and deserve a traitors death.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

You collect guns and knives because...... you think it's cool. Now go ahead and tell me that you breathe but don't breathe. This is funny.

I like to shoot

And you just proved my point.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

This old argument? *sigh* What are guns for? Don't play f'n stupid either. (Then again, you're probably not playing) What are guns for?

It depends on who you ask. For some, protection. Others, art. Some people just like to go to the range and shoot. That's like asking what are knives for? Cutting things... yes, but some collect them. Some use them to cook... some people throw them. Again, it's not the inanimate object, it's the person.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Bioshock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Says the Progressive bent on redefining words and terms.

Sure sure then, sure sure.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Nobody is denying that a firearm's main purpose is to kill, from small animals (varmint) or vermin, all the way up to dangerous game like Cape Buffalo. This includes humans. The argument centers around the right defend one's gift of life from another that would take it. Some, including myself, see it as a natural right, that is not only mentioned and elaborated on in the US declaration of Independence and the Federalist Papers, but also signed into law as a legal right in the US constitution.

Does wanting to own one make me want to own a lethal weapon? Yep it does. Just the same as owning a kitchen knife, a hammer, a sword, a spear, a bow and arrow, a pistol, an axe, a shotgun, or any other arm.

There is a huge amount of ignorance going around on your side of the argument, not only on the nature of people, but also real actual law, the concepts of the framers, and the rights of people.

I will restate what I've said in another thread:

So many people are also ignorant as to what constitutes arms versus ordinance. There is a categorical and legal difference.

Arms: Anything man portable that constitutes a personal weapon. Knives, swords, clubs, rifles, hammers, shovels, pistols, shotguns, spears, bows and arrows, and so on... anything that can be used as a personal weapon.

Ordinance: Anything larger than man portable, may be crew served requiring more than one operator, or including explosives. Tanks, fighters, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, artillery, and so on.

There is a category that overlaps the two. It is called a destructive device. They are expensive and require an in-depth background check by the FBI and ATF which usually takes 6 months or more and requires you to give up your right to search and seizure for the duration that you own a "destructive device". Some grenade launchers fall into this category and some very specific shotguns do too. Each individual round fired or used by these destructive devices requires their own tax stamp and background check. By law it they are considered NFA Title 2 weapons. Fully automatic weapons are treated exactly the same way. They are extremely expensive, require an extensive background check and waiting period, and temporarily relieve a person of specific rights by owning one.

There is no coincidence that the places that treat firearms the most immaturely and ignorantly have the worst gun crime. Census and DOJ reports indicate that there are over 800,000 violent crimes deterred a year by the presentation (not firing) of a firearm by a citizen who legally owns that firearm. That's 1.5 a minute. Violent crime: Murder, non-negligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, assault.

The refutation of fact with opinion is appalling. The whole "I don't think you need it, therefore your natural rights ought to change" argument is bogus, destructive, and wholly ignorant. You have a statistically higher chance of getting stuck by lightning than being harmed by a terrorist. You have a statistically higher chance of being harmed by a terrorist than being shot with an "assault weapon" and you want to turn your back on what made this country so livable for two statistical anomalies. If half the energy spent on this whole gun control debate was spent on cutting military spending then I'd be satisfied. This is more about the legitimacy of the constitution rather than just the 2nd amendment. Ignoring one for the sake of expediency means one might as well ignore all for the sake of expediency.

Firearms have never been subject to more laws, importation restrictions, criminalizing statutes, background checks, and other forms of oversight. Please read the National Firearms Act of 1934. Please read the gun control act of 1968, please read the FOPA of 1986. Yet the impact of these laws on crimes, violent or otherwise, committed with a firearm has been of such statistically small influence that the DOJ publicly says there's no correlation.

What bothers me the most is the lack of critical thinking by the general populace on this subject (the authority of the constitution) and the prevalence of emotional knee-jerk reactions that not just try to ignore the facts of the situation, but refute them with opinion.

have found that people who are ignorant to firearms, have never used one, have never even really been informed about them, have an incredibly immature outlook on them and treat them like a novelty, a toy, something to be trifled with. Likewise their views on violent crime are extremely immature. You see this is major cities that endorse gun control. The very communities that suffer the worst violence also vote heavily in favor of gun control.

I'm a fairly liberal guy. Actually, on political surveys that use an X/Y graph with Conservative on the extreme right, Liberal on the extreme left, Libertarian on the bottom and Authoritarian on the top, I land on the 0,0 coordinate. But I have had left wingers tell me that firearms owners are "itching" to use them, as though they were some murderous loon just waiting for an excuse. Everyone I have met who owns a firearm has the same nightmare, having to use that firearm on another human being. It's not some fantasy, it's a nightmare.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

So if someone is assessed as a threat, NOW you have the right to end THEIR life? Wrong. That makes you just as disgusting as the perceived threat. Your way of thinking is divisive and isolationist, the opposite intent of a free country.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

So if someone is assessed as a threat, NOW you have the right to end THEIR life? Wrong. That makes you just as disgusting as the perceived threat. Your way of thinking is divisive and isolationist, the opposite intent of a free country.

It's better to grovel and beg rather than defend yourself?

Why do people even respond to you?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You can't think of any way to defend yourself besides a gun? Wow, you wouldn't last a day without your precious gun.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
y very very seldom they use them against other people? reply to post by DaTroof

Uhm no. Its just like any crime. Where do you live? If you are in the wrong then you will be criminally prosecuted and most likely also sued in civil court by the family of the victim for the murder of their relative.

You honestly don't think people have judgement over their own lives? especially the preservation of such a life?

Have you even looked at the statistics of people who legally own firearms and how very very very seldom they use them against other people?

You're pattern is getting stronger and is proving my big post above. Not only with ignorance as to what constitutes an arm, please read it, but going so far as to dictate how someone defends their gift of life. You're saying "my opinion refutes the facts, and therefore since I don't think you ought to have a right, regardless of how justified that right is by not only the law of the land, it's constitution, but societal statistics, you therefore ought not have that right."

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

I like to shoot

And you just proved my point.

Guessing you are one of those who likes the government and others taxes to take care of you ....you are entitled right?

Good luck if you are ever in a situation where you need help. Best defense is a good offense and as they say, the cops are only minutes away when seconds count. I don't wish ill on anyone but my father always told me if you are not prepared for a situation then you should be prepared for the consequences.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

No, you are a patriotic Constitutionalist.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

No surprise that you live your life based on idioms and bumper stickers.

Good thing you'll never be in a position of power. I will, though. And I'll take your gun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join