Biden: Gun Owners 'Like The Way It Feels…Like Driving a Ferrari'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Indeed, the US "government" has had its hand in many atrocities. I will be one of the first people to condemn such actions and tell you that there is extreme potential for corruption. The governing bodies of the US are far from perfect, but I believe we are moving in the right direction. Washington and company had a great vision for a nation, it's unfortunate that peoples already occupied this land. Lincoln helped the idea of equality transcend race, Wilson helped transcend gender. Teddy Roosevelt protected the great forests and national parks treasured today. Sure, there are certain recent Presidents who left quite a bit to be desired (Carter, W. Bush, Obama), but it's not as though they plunged the country away from the greatness of progress. For as restricting as the Patriot Act is, it's a blunder we can live with and phase out. That's the beauty of the system. If something doesn't work, it can be changed.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

RPG = Rocket Propelled Grenade
I don't like guns, but I know what they are.

Your armored truck example is terrible. They were armed and still couldn't do jack, so guns don't protect you from guns. Why would you want something that doesn't work?

All I see in your post are "ifs" and "maybes" and a bunch of speculation. When you're ready to talk about reality, I'm more than happy to discuss anything.

EDIT: Also, I think it's hilarious that you demand that I think for myself, then chastise me for having what you deem as an unpopular opinion. So which is it? Think for myself, or think like you?
edit on 13-4-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hellbjorn012

Actually, different people have different interests and your post makes no sense at all. You're trying to compare a group of people who prefer to own guns, to another 14 groups of people. That's like saying "If gays would stop complaining about gay marriage and cared bout the deficit, gun control, illegals and ice cream, we would be better off" (which we may), but you get my point.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

RPG = Rocket Propelled Grenade
I don't like guns, but I know what they are.

Your armored truck example is terrible. They were armed and still couldn't do jack, so guns don't protect you from guns. Why would you want something that doesn't work?

All I see in your post are "ifs" and "maybes" and a bunch of speculation. When you're ready to talk about reality, I'm more than happy to discuss anything.

EDIT: Also, I think it's hilarious that you demand that I think for myself, then chastise me for having what you deem as an unpopular opinion. So which is it? Think for myself, or think like you?
edit on 13-4-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

Like I said the armored truck was to give you an idea the kind of equipment that is out there... the poor guys cant really do anything against an rpg (which isnt a "gun" btw) launched while they were driving on the highway, and 4 guys surrounding the car with ak-74s. Like I said... it was to give you an idea of the level of equipment in the wrong hands.

But I did give you an example of an outcome of a guy with an ak-47 on a mall with:

a) no one armed
b) civilians armed

And you refuse to comment. How about your late shootings? If your teachers were armed I'm sure it wouldnt have been the slaughter it was... from columbine to sandy hook. Just shoot them in the face, there, case closed. Maybe 1 or 2 dead, plus the killers, but certainly NOT a massacre.

But yea... go ahead and refuse to comment. Its your right. Like its their right to bear arms.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I can't find your post about a mall. Can you re-post it? Thank you.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Hey, my man, DaTroof,

Do you understand what the word "criminal" means? Since you used it, you should know. I'll gladly give you the answer if you need it. How this entire country works is . . whatever the criminals have, the good guys need it, too, and more of it. Do you not understand history? Google "Tommy Gun Mafia" and get back to me son. Furthermore, why did "criminals" use these guns and do you think they could have gotten them if they were banned? Lastly, would you, as a police officer/brinks truck driver, want something similar or better to protect yourself? If you say no, you're a liar.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

I can't find your post about a mall. Can you re-post it? Thank you.

Its my last post... on page 14. If you bothered to read it all... but apparently you stopped when I told you that I was probably speaking chinese to you - its right after that.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Dude... stop skipping medication. And go back to your controlled environment. Fresh air is making you dizzy. Oxygen does that to an unused brain.
edit on 13-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusCrime

You're right. Brinks should just show up in a tank with full air support and drones. Eventually cost becomes a factor, and if you start catering to every fear and possibility, you'll never have a business.

I understand that those intent on committing a crime will find any means necessary, but that's no reason to leave scalpels everywhere for Dr. Lechter. It's a reason to lock them up.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Dude... stop skipping medication. And go back to your controlled environment. Fresh air is making you dizzy. Oxygen does that to an unused brain.
edit on 13-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

Go caress and clean your 45. cause i doubt you have a woman to snuggle with bwhahaha

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

what will we do if one remembers to storm a mall or a mcdonalds with one since NOT ONE of our citizens is armed?

That's the only mention of a mall on pg14. What am I supposed to do with that, play what if? I'm done with you. Please do not respond to this post.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I know I'm right, but thank you for acknowledging that. Brinks trucks turning into tanks and drones? Are you delusional ? (You said it, not me). Catering to every fear and possibility? Is that not called being "prepared" and maybe thinking ahead a little?
edit on 4/13/2013 by OptimusCrime because: I had a spelling error.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

How old are you?

12?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Yes, you should play what if, since you pull that card enough, just like the last response to me. I'm done with you, DO NOT respond. Thank you sir, have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm seeing something here.

Right after SandyHook, the anti-2nd Amendment crowd was full of righteous indignation and had the pro-2nd Amendment crowd rocked back on it's heels.

But after a period of time where critical thinking skills occurred, calm, reasoned debate took over.

Now we see the shrill, hyper, emotional attacks occur from the anti-2nd Amendment crowd. They can't debate this with thoughtful, calm reason so they attack, use hyperbole and straw man arguments to further their agenda.

When all else fails and they don't go their way, insult, demean, abase and attack!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusCrime

How old are you?

12?

Old enough that my life doesn't revolve around how many guns i have, and before adding a 3rd Ar15 or .45 to my collection of guns id rather spend that money on my family. Unlike the obsessed nutters who have noting else better to do with there money.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusCrime

They ARE prepared. There's a 2-man team of ARMED trained employees in an ARMORED truck. What more can you possibly expect them to do? Drive around with guns pointed at everyone? I don't understand how much more prepared you think they're supposed to be.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Whats funny is the same ones who scream they wanna be prepared are obese and probably eat fast food everyday or smoke cigs.

Oh i wanna be prepared in the unlikely hood of a home invasion but im not gonna prepare myself for a long life with exercise and healthy eating habits lol. I wont prepare myself to prevent a heart attack or diabetes. LOL

edit on 13-4-2013 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)
edit on 13-4-2013 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012
reply to post by inverslyproportional

[color=#ff0000]…
I WANT TO SEE HOW MANY OF YOU ARE GONNA FIRE AT THE TANKS AND SOLDIERS WAITING OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSE TO CONFISCATE YOUR GUNS. I WANNA SEE YOU FIRE AT THEM SO YOUR HOUSE CAN BE RIDDLED WITH BULLETS AND YOUR KIDS AND WIFE BLOWN TO PIECES WHILE YOU MAKE A STAND.

Yo chief—
You do realize that you – yes you –> have some seriously major f—ing psychological malfunctions occurring upstairs, right?

new topics
top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join