It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullied to Kill - Does this make the story any different?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

A different look at school shootings as a bullied student

So, it seems, the farther it is investigated into a recent school shooting that the student who did this , like so many others in America and abroad, was simply bullied and without help, he eventually cracked. Some hang themselves..some react violently and some pass it to their own children in abuse. This is the secret. A product of the American environment.

Bullying not just by students but by parents who sometimes do it in ways they do not see. Control. Through investigation with family friends a simple picture emerges and one that could have been avoided...or can it in today's society?

She was a helicopter parent and she had son. She would protect him at school when he should have been learning on his own. No where is he diagnosed as anything but a kid who was shy but he was in Boy Scouts, played sports and shown in many school pictures. Is this simply a secret a town may have known about but never talked about except in certain circles.

Bullied. Shy. Dad does not seem to be in the picture...a pattern again here. We can see that early on that she left enough of an impression that he killed her. His own mother. Very rare and harsh but it seems that was 'part' of the bullying and he was ending a cycle.

The Dad and brother knew something and left...pretty obvious. but the one that was left to the wayside and eventually not needed to 'show' they are a helicopter parent gets 'lost' online in games/4chan/someone else that had to have pushed him instead of talked him out.

From Crazed Aspergers/Video Game Addict/Gun Nut to a kid who was bullied that no one helped?

It does not bring back anyone who had died from these tragedies but 3 things need to be done...

1. Make our schools safe
2. Make our schools a place for mentoring
3. Make the kids feel safe at schools again

Case in point -

My son is six and recently going to class he was called "a faggot" by some older classmates because he was seen the yoga class after school. He had no idea what they meant but he knew they were teasing. He asked me I told him when I played sports I did stretches/yoga and pros do yoga too..plus there are cute girls..and we laughed. I made it cool where those poor kids have families who think doing yoga makes you gay. Thanks America. He is mature and it bothered him but when i asked him what he thought it meant he said ' it means the guy is fat..fat guy right?"The point is it can start early and not be stopped early..bullying...I told him to stand up for himself. 3 days later he got in trouble for hitting a 4th grader. When i asked I told the principal it was the same kid who called my son a faggot, that i did not report. Did not hear anything else about my son defending himself. The way school used to be...

Now, what if my son did not have a father, a broken home, no one to go to and this continued....for 15 years...I would hate to say this but it would almost be expected that there would be an episode or suicide.

As in this case

LInk to Sandy Hook

So t is not about guns...it is not about mental illness...it is about what is inherent to our culture...bully the weak and deal with it later.

Now, why all the alternate stories if there is nothing that is either still being actively investigated or hidden. If he was bullied he had at least ONE friend out there. Is it someone we need as a society to be worried about and is that why the ATF and IRS are making such sweeping changes. Using tragedy to push agenda or protect us..

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Humanity is at current state a sick specie. The problem is not really the bully but the surrounding betrayal of all around that do not stand up for what is right and that is a slippery sloop. When I was a teen in the 90:s society still had the nazi follower mentality of the pack leader/group and I have never gotten over seeing.

Let's hope humanity has grown from that, but from my experiance at that age of 15 then 20% of humans are ok morally and trying to do the best in a bad situation. The rest is only sheep or worse completely ego parasitically insane that have no empathic limitations at all but are only concerned about getting in trouble.

It is not surprising that rapes continue to happen. The group mentality that lets bullying happen encourages the people with the least empathy to become worse and they will go over any line in the end to get what they want.

Society creates it's monsters. Both by those they are neglecting and those that they are praising. It those not help with the bad boy syndrome.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

It does not bring back anyone who had died from these tragedies but 3 things need to be done...

1. Make our schools safe
2. Make our schools a place for mentoring
3. Make the kids feel safe at schools again

I totally agree with you there esdad. It is getting out of hand in some cases, we all read the news and it aint pretty.

My nefew has been bullied for the past months in high school. The parents made complaints and nothing was done. This has been lasting since September.

Last Friday, 9 other boys jumped him and beat him up badly IN CLASS.... and you know what the teacher did? HE F **CKING WALKED OUT TOF THE CLASSROOM SAYING I DIDN'T SEE THIS!!!!!

Thankfully the others that weren't involved went up to the principle and named ALL of the 9 boys AND the teacher. The principle called my sister in law to let her know that the culprits were talked too and it shouldn't happen again! ""SOULDNT"" WTF no suspensions or expulsions at all.

Well now its in their lawyer's hands, they are suing the school, the teacher and all those kids parents. Luckily, they have all of this documented with eyewitness testimonies so we know it will get somewhere. Otherwise it would likely be tossed aside like it never hapenned.

Poor kid though, his parents pulled him from school now (for his protection as he was still being threatened) as the school will not react to the situation.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am not saying that I agree with any sort of violence at all, because I really don't. But it does somewhat explain the reasonning behing someone thinking about pulling something off like sandy hook or others like it, there are many cases of school shootings lately and if situations like this would be dealt with appropriately, maybe (maybe) there would be less anger in those age groups, thus less violence.

My own kids are heading to highschool in a few years and I am trying my hardest to get them prepared for all kinds of situations, but its delicate because we dont want them to be affraid to go to school but sometimes I wonder....should they be? and how much should I prepare them for?

I wanna just go with the flow but its hard, this is one heck of a crazy world we live in.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My children are all taught the three strikes rule.

Strike one - please leave me alone
Stike two - please do not touch me
Strike three - hit them...no warning...hit until someone pulls you off.

That used to take care of 99% of bullies.

My son has been pulled from school. What made it more difficult was it was racial issue also. So, it is a gay and black/white issue. Yeah, schools will not address that with a 20 foot pole. So now he does not understand why the 'black' kids called him 'a faggot' because there is so much talk at the school about it, not created by us. He never called them 'black kids' till he heard someone else say it now it is there. So now he thinks all black kids will say mean things to him. I did not even report it till he got in trouble for fighting back. They told me....'things like this happen and sometimes disrupting a child who did not do something as bad as they usually do it better for all' WTF? HOw about a sit down a do some mentoring???

So then in 15 years if my son snaps they will tear apart his life when it all goes back to simple ignorance show by children we should all teach inherently...sad.
edit on 11-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You have to try an teach your kids street smarts when they are going to school otherwise they are walking into a battlefield unprepared. Sad but true.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Good points... I totally agree. My boys and I have taken some karate classes and my daughter is on a cheerleading team so she didn't have the time for it so I taught her the basics.

I made it clear to them that violence is a LAST resort in DEFENSE only. I do like your 3 points.

I told them this:

If someone is verbally insulting you, do not take it personal! simply turn your back to them and walk away """stay alert though because he could jump you from behind"""

If you get pinned to a wall/ fence or a corner or whatever, told them to hit as hard as they can (in the nuts if you have too) untill he/she is down and run to the nearest figure of authority or go to a crowded place and get help.

I would never punish my children for fighting if it was self defense, but if they just walk up to a guy and punch him, they will be in a heap of trouble art home.

but its important to know that violence is never the answer. but in some case, you just have to.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

The only thing is never turn your back and never stop swinging. 1, 2, Bang. I love the guy who says my kids would kick the bullies ass. His kid is usually the bully....

Because if you commit, be ready. Nothing half assed. Any type of self defense, private, large or the Y, can be the difference between being the one picked on and the one helping someone else.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
My children are all taught the three strikes rule.

Strike one - please leave me alone
Stike two - please do not touch me
Strike three - hit them...no warning...hit until someone pulls you off.

That used to take care of 99% of bullies.

Yup it did. I can vouch for / verify that did in my time as well. Some bullies will stop at #1, some will stop at #2, but some will not. There are some bullies who simply like to be bullies. We see it adults all the time - people who get a kick out of hurting others. Why on earth would we think there are not children like that?? Typically, adults and children that fall into this category will not stop their behavior until the punishment or risk of punishment outweighs the pleasure they get from bullying.

That is where your #3 comes it in and it is what is missing today. It doesn't *have* to be the bullied kid fighting back. But, it does have to involve enough negative consequences for the bully for him to say to himself, "Picking on these kids isn't worth the punishment I'm getting." Unfortunately, schools seem loath to step in and take on the role of doing step #3.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
S&F for this OP, I agree 100%!

My son was picked on at school, to the point some kid twisted his arm. At that point, I told him anyone else lays a hand on you, you make sure they do not get up off the floor after youre thru with them.
When he told me about the assault, I about nearly flipped out, and because his mom works for the school system, I told her, this BETTER be documented, because the next time will be the LAST TIME this kid touches Zack, as he has my permission to beat the living daylights out of the dirtbag next time he touches my son.
My son's mom told my son afterwards not to defend himself, that she will take care of it, and not to tell me about it. LMAO, guess what my son did after she told him this?
He called me and told me immediately.
So, I called his principal and told her that my son is taking karate, and if he is assaulted again, he will defend himself. The principal goes on to tell me there is a zero tolerance policy about fighting in ther school. Thats great I told her, so why is this kid that assaulted my son not suspended?
Her reply was if it happens again, he will be. I told her if it happens again, the kid will be picking his teeth up off the floor, my son will not be picked on anymore.
The problem is the schools defend the bullies, they wont do anything til the victim strikes back and defends themselves, then the suspend both students, when the bully should have been suspended in the first place.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

i will agree that bullying is a huge problem, but sandy hill is not an example of that.

we have the medical coroner who viewed all the bodies saying the long rifle was the only gun used, only to find that adam lanza never brought the long rifle into the school.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

First, there was a long rifle. That is what a Bushmaster is. A rifle, not an assault weapon. Let's get away from that stuuf in this thread, ok?

Second, it does apply. He was a child who was bullied to the point he killed his own mother and close to 30 people. Period. There is nothing else. This situation, where as it may not have been avoided could prevent other incidents like this from occurring.

Early reports were he went to the school, then he didn't..he did..he didn't..we all know the truth now. He was just another kid in class...

If anyone thinks this kid is a one off, well, you are living in delusion.

edit on 12-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Seems that he was beat on a regular at Sandy Hook according to a relative who said he was never the same after going there.

Link to article

"Adam would come home with bruises all over his body,” the relative said. “His mom would ask him what was wrong, and he wouldn’t say anything. He would just sit there."

Lanza’s mother considered suing the school after teachers turned a blind eye to physical and verbal attacks from his classmates, a family member claims

Blame it on gun nuts and Aspergers huh?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

No it doesn´t at all. Of COURSE all of them were outsiders and socially awkward. If they were part of the cool crowd (or rather any crowd) they wouldn´t have any reason to kill everybody, right?

Now, I am not saying that bullies are good poeple, in fact they turn out to be really #ty grown-ups in almost all of the cases. BUT I would say that 99,999999999999999934 % of the kids who were bullied manage to cope with it without killing everyone in school in the process.

So, no. I do not think that it radically changes the situation. It is however another puzzle piece, that is not really surprising though.
edit on 17-4-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

I see your point. It does make the story different though because it tells us that the citizens of Sandy Hook knew this kid was out there on the fringe all along. They made him out to be a loner with Aspergers that no one knew and we know now that it is bs.

Remember MSM and the police said he never went to SH. Now we know that this was simply revenge for being bullied. On some level he may have even thought he was saving them because no one at that school protected him.

The high school official who was quoted early lied.

top topics

join