It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today is the 10th anniv.

page: 1

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I have to record this somewhere just for a piece of mind or just in case they pull a coup de tat
...10 years ago today I was gingerly sitting at my CNC lathe making bank machine parts when I received the call."Sarn,we understand you are the father of a 2 year old boy with a sister 4(father unknown).To make a long story short,the mother messed up and the kids were on their way to foster care.
I felt bad for them and wrestled the courts for custody and won.The poor little girl was not mine and nobody wanted her...how could I separate the two.So I took her in...what a sad situation
....For 10 years,all by myself,I have raised these two little snips.The mother is estranged to this day but we don't care anymore.
I'm telling you,what a long strange trip it's been.These are the days of our live's
....I am among parts of me that have been molded to the best structure possible.......I'm sorry,I must go cry(and maybe get drunk)...I'm so happy and blessed....Maybe another day I'll continue the story K

Oh,by the way...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ATS

Sarn

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
I have to record this somewhere just for a piece of mind or just in case they pull a coup de tat
...10 years ago today I was gingerly sitting at my CNC lathe making bank machine parts when I received the call."Sarn,we understand you are the father of a 2 year old boy with a sister 4(father unknown).To make a long story short,the mother messed up and the kids were on their way to foster care.
I felt bad for them and wrestled the courts for custody and won.The poor little girl was not mine and nobody wanted her...how could I separate the two.So I took her in...what a sad situation
....For 10 years,all by myself,I have raised these two little snips.The mother is estranged to this day but we don't care anymore.
I'm telling you,what a long strange trip it's been.These are the days of our live's
....I am among parts of me that have been molded to the best structure possible.......I'm sorry,I must go cry(and maybe get drunk)...I'm so happy and blessed....Maybe another day I'll continue the story K

Oh,by the way...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ATS

Sarn

Bless you. From an agnostic.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Good for you for stepping up. The impact on their lives has been immeasureable, I'm sure. People like you are who really make the world go round.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I know at least part of your life.
I am a father raising a 7 and 9 year old by myself.

KUDOS to you! You are doing the right thing. I know how tough things can be, but love is a well that never goes dry. The more you give, the more you have. (too bad money isn't like that!)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Your story touched me deeply, I have an stepson graduated from high school this week.

You are a hero and all I can give you is a S&F, not fair.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The world needs more people like you. People full of love & compassion

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Congratulations for making a huge difference in the lives of these children!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Happy Anniversary of the day your life truly began. So happy you are blessed.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Those two will spread the love in this world that you have shown them. Way to go Dad. Best thing I've read in ages.

Go Dads, you are loved beyond measure.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You are a hero my friend. What you are doing is as important and probably more important than most of what the press lauds as heroism these days.

Dave Thomas, the founder of Wendy's, the fast food outlet, was adopted and he never forgot what was given to him by his adoptive parents and went on to help other kids from parentless backrounds.

I know your situation is slightly different but you have rescued children that would have been headed down a very rough road without your kind heart.

I pray that you err on the side of restraint with them, that you bring a lot of patience to the task you have undertaken and be confident that the example you set in your own good conduct will be the greatest gift you can give them.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You are what's right in a world that has so much wrong. Wishing you all the best and a heartfelt thank you!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You did something amazing for those kids. Good for you.

All the best

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I would like to personally express my own gratitude for what you have done.

You have loved.

You have healed.

You have accepted responsibility for others.

If I do so even once in my life....

I have lived!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The world needs more people with your strong and kind heart.
God Bless

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Oh wow...all this time of control has come too an end.She's 14 and I;m clueless.I hate not being over protective.This is serious stuff on my part because I thought I was the leader.
How would a father guide a daughter ......?
Someone told me to just live and let live...is it that easy

I know people here have kids and could help a fellow out...like whats the norm

Sarn

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Whoever told you to "live and let live" with a 14 year old daughter has their wires crossed. If I were you I would find a female whom you consider a good friend and whom you can trust, and let the woman mentor your daughter as needed.

She's at an age where she really needs a responsible female role model in her life. There's also "Big Sister" programs you can look into. You don't want to go this alone buddy. I'm sure your daughter loves and respects you, but there are things that girls at that age need women for. Period.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is so sweet! So great and selfless!
I second the opinion of having a good female role model for your daughter. That can be a touchy age, and some girls simply won't talk to dad about everything.

new topics

top topics

join