It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy "demonic" voice on American Idol

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ctdannyd

I didn't hear the words I love you as clear as this video. Not gone back to check my DVR upon seeing this thread. I did however replay it last night to hear the song again because I was FF through her song because I hadn't liked her much. The weird sound was there. Maybe its possible this I love you was added in to post on YouTube, because its very clear on this video. I had my stereo speakers hooked up to play idol, so it was very loud and didn't sound like love you but a growling, which made me wonder if it was a sound coming from her body or throat. The carotid (sp?) arteries in the throat sound like this. I had an ultra sound on done on mine when I was in hospital and my goodness it sounds demonic. Horrible sound. Not sure the mics can pick up the blood vessels in the neck though, but she was quite emotive singing this sing. Who knows.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

As I said earlier, I have a DVR of the live broadcast and it's really there. It's also present in the Hulu video used in Yahoo's article about the episode, which is where I first noticed it.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Yeah, I hear what you're talking about. To me it sounds like someone bumping a mic.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

Woah!! That was creepy but another explanation could be that maybe someone in the audience had laryngitis and was shouting Love You, but then again it did sound like the exorcists girls voice as well. I also saw the comments on youtube and some people said it scared them and others said they heard it live and don't know what it is. Either way it gave me the creeps!!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

I didn't hear the words I love you as clear as this video. Not gone back to check my DVR upon seeing this thread. I did however replay it last night to hear the song again because I was FF through her song because I hadn't liked her much. The weird sound was there. Maybe its possible this I love you was added in to post on YouTube, because its very clear on this video. I had my stereo speakers hooked up to play idol, so it was very loud and didn't sound like love you but a growling, which made me wonder if it was a sound coming from her body or throat. The carotid (sp?) arteries in the throat sound like this. I had an ultra sound on done on mine when I was in hospital and my goodness it sounds demonic. Horrible sound. Not sure the mics can pick up the blood vessels in the neck though, but she was quite emotive singing this sing. Who knows.

Than again maybe she is a reptilian, you know whot o try to not show theirtrue selves, maybe it came out as a growl!! J

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yep, we watched it last night and when it happened, we went, "What the heck was THAT?!"

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm not questioning why a girl would tell another girl she loves her. I'm questioning the fact that whoever said that was growling, and wasn't saying it out loud, on top of the fact that other girls were squealing and yelling. It just seems odd to me that she would growl "love you" in a way that, if the mic wasn't there, nobody would have heard her.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by kimish
Girl Demons can be homosexual too?

Demons are pure spirit. Neither male nor female.
They can appear as male or female ... rape like a male or female ...
but in essence they are neither. (Supposedly)

And you would know

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I was more disturbed by listening to The Cure's Lovesong being totally killed than by the freaky voice!

Sorry but I had to say

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

Whomever it was messed up a beautiful song
Candice Glover what a voice I hope she wins!
She graduated with my daughter in 2006,and we are so proud of her

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The demonic thing that will propably happen to this girl,is that once she "makes it" with the very good voice she has-she's propably gonna sell out and start blithering some of the catchy-trendy and completely inane claptrap that passes for music today.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I hear "f* you", not "love you"!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

I watched the show live and can assure you it did not happen. Candice is my choice and I was really listening to this piece. No. Overdub.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I just watched last night's (live) episode which was on my DVR. I heard it, too. So the claims that it was edited in after the fact by a Youtuber is totally bogus. It was there and honestly scared me. Very very freaky...

Her performance was top notch, btw. Compared to the other contestants, that girl is in a different league entirely.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

Probably because the judges were standing up at that point, so yeah, good call.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
i heard again.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismir
Probably someone yelled into an audience mic.

If that were the case they could have easily edited it out, because every instrument/singer has its own track. Most people think live performances and such are just one big audio track, but it's actually just various microphones on every instrument and singer going into its own separate track. Next time you see a band live on a show take note of the microphones placed in front of the guitar amps, bass amps, on each drum/cymbal etc. Each one of those microphones has its own track to make for easy mixing and editing later, and once it's all mixed and edited it's processed into one final track which is what you hear coming through your TV. Same thing for recorded albums actually. The only difference being that when it's done on TV they have a limited amount of time to mix and master the track before it has to be aired.

I don't think it's a "demonic" voice, but if all the tracks are separate to begin with why didn't they notice this and just clip that one particular part of the track out? It would have been so easy.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
even if english language is not my mother language, I think the voice says " LOVE YOU "

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by jahn369

at the 1.min mark you can here something turn on in my opinion

Yeah I heard the same thing, there was definitely a clicking sound at the minute mark.

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
I hear "f* you", not "love you"!

I heard F you also, and reading the thread somebody said love you but I went back again and the first part is actually pretty hard to make out to me atleast. I do wonder if it was a mic that somebody turned on for the audience, it seemed like it turned on right before the audience started to cheer. I was thinking maybe the mic was set too high or wasn't calibrated correctly but why would that one voice be higher than the rest of the background sound?

I don't watch American idol so I don't know how the show is set up but my best guess on this is that it's some kind of a mic malfunction. I wonder if her mother was there and mic'd up and she or somebody accidentally turned it on and the mom or whoever was covering the mic, it sounded like it was brushing up against something too.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My best guess:

At approx. 1:02 a mic is bumped on by accident and at 1:10 the voice happens. Now who's voice would this be?
It could be Keith Urban.

I went to a video with him speaking (Ellen interview) and immediately noticed his pitch/tone is high enough to be the "scary voice" as well as already rough and gravelly. Combine that with a bit of sound trouble, i.e. too loud, too close which creates overload and distortion, and you might have the solution. It was on the Rolling Stone online mag version, too, btw so its on the master. The voice is not shouting, but is extremely loud - it was spoken in a normal, slightly projected tone, imo, and over-amplified. He does have an accent, which I don't hear in the "love you" voice, but it goes by so quickly and is so distorted, it might not register.

I'm guessing a guy up in the sound booth realized what happened and dived for whatever mic went hot, and is feeling extremely embarrassed...

peace,
AB

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join