It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wings In The Night... Visited By A Pteranodon!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
A star for your bravery in posting your experience. I believe in keeping an open mind about creatures not seen by the public in general. If it was a pteradon, then holy smokes, someone call the paleontologists. They've got a live one! There are still obscure and unexplored places where something like this can hide itself. Maybe someday we'll get some photographic evidence. Again, thank you for sharing.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by MrConspiracy
reply to post by muzzleflash

In all fairness, there were footprints too, in the snow. if you read it. It wasn't just a sound the OP heard.

And the OP studied them, took records?
Compared to actual dino footprints?

I was 10, Dude!!!
No internet service back then either.

From memory, I just compared them to the prints that was posted by another member here.

I wish I could afford a hypnotist. I would love to go back and recall more details about the print, the scream, etc.

I could tell some tales remembering all my childhood experiences, that's a fact!!!

Anyone out there up for doing FREE research using my brain under hypnosis?
Medically Certified Only, please!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by r4winds
A star for your bravery in posting your experience. I believe in keeping an open mind about creatures not seen by the public in general. If it was a pteradon, then holy smokes, someone call the paleontologists. They've got a live one! There are still obscure and unexplored places where something like this can hide itself. Maybe someday we'll get some photographic evidence. Again, thank you for sharing.

What? No flag?
I thought I presented a very good presentation on this subject.

Thanks for the star, anyway.

edit on 4/13/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by r4winds

If you think this story is brave, you ought to check out her paranormal thread!!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hey...Jersey Devil could be real.

I believe it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Yes, well... there are as many sightings of The NJ Devil as there are of the pteranodon, so... yeah,

I don't know which is worse though! Both are scary creatures!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hi Sled, I've been meaning to get around to telling you this story, since you mentioned this experience in your other thread....

It's not a 'first hand' tale, but it kinda fits rather well with yours, so I thought you might like it....It was told by an elderly 'great aunt' of my Mother. She related it to us at a sleep over when I was a kid, after she overheard us telling ghost stories...as far as I know she was a completely honest, God fearing woman and seemed to be giving a truthful account of something she'd witnessed as a child....not just trying to give us kids a scare.

As you probably recall, we are almost neighbors, and when 'Aunt Mae' was a child, her folks lived a bit further north, in the edge of Tennessee. This episode occurred when she was around 10 years old.

She had an older brother, a teenager who had been out to a barn dance till well after dark and had to ride home....(he was on horseback, the only transport other than on foot or in a wagon)....with only the moonlight to see by....but he could depend on the horse's homing ability.

Just a couple of miles before he'd reached home, his mount became quite skittish and he realized something was keeping pace with them....in the trees. He urged the horse into a faster gait, but no matter...the thing in the trees kept up. He whipped the horse into a dead run, but barely getting to the house ahead of this thing, he jumped from the saddle and ran into the house, and woke them all, yelling, " Paw, get your gun!"

Living in the back woods, the rifle was always loaded and ready, so they lost little time in running back out to face down whatever had been chasing her brother home....but they were too late. The horse was barely alive, it lay on the ground, dying from a horrible gash that had also ripped the saddle to shreds!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

OMG!!!

Poor horse! How horrific!

I'm happy to hear the boy got inside just in the nick of time!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
When I fist saw this, I admit I was a little skeptical about it. I have been researching Dinosaurs and Extinct Animals for as long as I can remember. From what I read, it could possibly be a Pterosaur or some other creature. There are a few scientific inaccuracies that would be understandable. The Pterosaur that was visiting you, to me, seems like it was a teenaged one. It wanted to get attention. The creature could have some level of Intelligence that its Prehistoric predecessors did not have. It had to be walking on its hands, but the sound was too light to be heard. With the other Pterosaur sightings provided, I do believe they evolved a hostility to accommodate humans. The animals probably know to avoid humans from experience.
edit on 7-9-2013 by Velociraptoronthehunt because: Did not finish reply

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Velociraptoronthehunt

Thank you. Something to consider.
But why did it sound like horse hoofs running past my window? This is the only thing that has me baffled.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pterosaurs (/ˈtɛrɵsɔr/, from the Greek πτερόσαυρος, pterosauros, meaning "winged lizard") were flying reptiles of the clade or order Pterosauria. They existed from the late Triassic to the end of the Cretaceous Period (220 to 65 million years ago[2]).
Pterosaurs are the earliest vertebrates known to have evolved powered flight. Their wings were formed by a membrane of skin, muscle, and other tissues stretching from the ankles to a dramatically lengthened fourth finger.[3] Early species had long, fully toothed jaws and long tails, while later forms had a highly reduced tail, and some lacked teeth. Many sported furry coats made up of hair-like filaments known as pycnofibres, which covered their bodies and parts of their wings. Pterosaurs spanned a wide range of adult sizes, from the very small Nemicolopterus to the largest known flying creatures of all time, including Quetzalcoatlus and Hatzegopteryx.[4][5][6]

Pterosaurs are often referred to in the popular media and by the general public as flying dinosaurs, but this is incorrect. The term "dinosaur" is restricted to just those reptiles descended from the last common ancestor of the groups Saurischia and Ornithischia (clade Dinosauria, which includes birds), and current scientific consensus is that this group excludes the pterosaurs, as well as the various groups of extinct marine reptiles, such as ichthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, and mosasaurs.[7] Pterosaurs are also incorrectly referred to as pterodactyls, particularly by journalists.[8] "Pterodactyl" refers specifically to members of the genus Pterodactylus,[9] and more broadly to members of the suborder Pterodactyloidea.[10][11]

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

bigern
Kind of related but not really.

Last week I threw the remains of a spiral ham out into my back yard. A few hours later I notice this monster out of my kitchen window and for a split second I didn't know what I was looking at. It was a vulture and if you've never seen one up close those suckers are huge, I bet he easily had a six foot wing span if not greater. I see them flying in the distance fairly often but this was the first time one actually landed literally twenty feet away from me, it was awesome. I see herons all the time and they're big too, jerks wipe out my fish pond ever year damn it, but as far as sheer bulk is concerned this vulture takes the title easily. I wish I would have taken some pictures but I didn't want to miss him fly away, oh well next time.

I'm not at all saying that's what you saw I have no idea, just wanted to share.

Man those things are scary big. I hit one with a 24' straight truck once doing about 55, scared the pants off me. It was on the side of the road picking at some dead animal and as I passed by (saying "don't do it, don't do it!") it flew up windshield-level right in front of me. I ducked down in the seat for a second! It got caught in the draft of the truck or something and dropped back down a little, it bounced off the top of the grille and cracked it. Made a sound like an old gong... It tumbled into the ditch then I watched it in the mirror get back up and fly away like nothing happened.

Anyway not trying to drive the thread off topic but I had to tell that story lol.
That's an interesting experience Sled. I had heard of people seeing pteranodon-like creatures but I didn't realize just how many of these stories there were until reading in here... Really makes you wonder what else is still out there hiding in some cave or jungle.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by duke396

Wow! No wonder those birds have survived all these years! They must be really tough!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

Originally posted by deathlord
reply to post by sled735

From your description I don't think they are a match, but at least you have something to compare it too.

The best I can remember, the middle part of the footprint I saw wasn't that wide, and there was a shorter claw-like print in the back... much like a chicken print:

Although, this chicken print isn't an exact match of the print I saw either.

The New Jersey Devil has the hoofs (like I heard), and the claw-like foot on the upper legs. I can't find a picture that shows if the NJ Devil has an appendage in the back of the upper foot.
So... I don't know what it was.

Thanks for the pictures.

After all this time, today I came across this photo and immediately noticed the similarity of how the picture in this alien photo matches the print I saw in the snow!
Just wanted to share it. OMG! I hope I wasn't being visited by ETs!!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Whoa, Sled! That looks freaky!

I don't know which would be worse: a New Jersey Devil, or an ET with claws, but I'm sure you are happy to find an answer after all these years.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Ahhhhh, YES! Look what I just came across!!

mysteriousuniverse.org...

Imagine crossing the moors and hills of England and encountering what looks like nothing less than a living, breathing pterodactyl! Think it couldn’t happen? It already has. From 1982 to 1983, a wave of sightings of such a creature – presumed extinct for tens of millions of years – occurred in an area called the Pennines, better known as the “backbone of England.”

So far as can be determined, thanks to the research of Jenny Randles, the first sighting occurred in September 1982. That was when a man named William Green encountered at Shipley Glen a large, gray colored creature, which possessed a pair of leathery-looking wings. The latter point is notable, since it effectively rules out a significantly sized feathery bird, and does indeed place matters into a pterodactyl category.

Read more from the source link.

So, it seems I'm not the only one who has experienced this creature!
That's really good to know; now I know I'm not crazy!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join