It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Measles Epidemic, 700 Confirmed Cases!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
www.sunherb.com...

It is a matter of individual choice at this point but somewhere in the future that will no longer be an option if the ones who chose to vaccinate are so fanatical about the direction everyone else should take based on their personal preference. Interestingly enough, less and less anti vaccination information and real statistics are available online but hordes of pro vaccine propaganda is.

To be honest, your own credibility on the subject is questionable when

1. You link to a site that sells "alternative" medicine as a source for anti-vaccine "information" - Link. In fact, your article is written by someone who has a vested interest in steering people away from vaccines and onto their own products:

Terri L. Saunders is an Herbalist and Certified Natural Health Professional in Charlottesville, Virginia, where she does private consultations, telephone consultations, and classes on natural healing. She can be reached at Sunrise Herb Shoppe, a unique holistic resource center for cutting edge natural health products and books.

2. You clearly have your own bias when you describe anti-vaccine pages as "information" and pro-vaccine sites as "propoganda"

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys

Originally posted by Pardon?
Before MMR you were looking at 1 in 500 to 600 deaths for people who had measles. That's just in the UK alone.

This is blatently untrue. The death rate in the UK from measles at it's peak was around 100 per year (1/5000). 1 in 10000 children were thought to have contracted it. The vast majority got over it just fine. Granted, 100 deaths is more than 18 deaths, but factor in the other associated risks known to be associated with vaccination that are not a foctor in the disease, and sorry but the numbers still don't add up.

Oh and just for fun, and as you like perspective so much, the chances of anyone dying from measels in this modern day is less than 1 in 55 million. Thanks mostly to hygiene and basic antibiotics. Nothing to do with vaccines.
edit on 11-4-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

Apologies for my missing out a zero, that's down to my being a bit hasty with the calculations.
However, the original numbers still ring true. 100 per year deaths which are confirmed to be by measles compared with 4.5 per year which may have had a link to the vaccine.
It's certainly true that hygiene has played a part in the reduction of deaths but it certainly hasn't played any part in the overall number of measles cases. You'll probably find that any deaths are more due to improper or inadequate nutrition too. With more and more 1st world families falling into poverty because of the current economic climate you can certainly expect to see a rise in deaths per increase in measles cases.

What also isn't in the stats is the number of people who are hospitalised because of measles.
(Actually there was a study done in Italy after an outbreak and there was a hospitalisation rate of 88 in 100,000, roughly 1 in 1200 cases. The complication rate was 7.6% lib.bioinfo.pl...:16219394 )

From experience I know that a child who becomes very ill because of measles will spend an extended time in hospital. Like I mentioned earlier I've seen numerous children in ICU for weeks at a time being treated for meningitis, encephalitis and/or pneumonia. Do these children recover fully? Some do, some don't.

Is that acceptable to you?
It's not to me. I'd rather they had no chance of getting measles in the first place.

So when making the choice for my children I weighed up the chances of harm from the vaccine which is little more than nil or the 1 in around 1200 chance of them developing complications from measles.
The choice was very easy indeed.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I don't blame the parents, I blame the media. There is nothing to stop them running with stories that haven't been scientifically proven. Read the Daily Mail and you will see almost every day a report on a new thing that can give you cancer or cure cancer, without any scientific evidence.

I'm pretty sure the journalists at these papers making the claims have very little medical experience. Yet some would trust the journalists and the media over their own doctors.

Dr Ben Goldacre, the author of Bad Pharma, who has written extensively about autism and vaccination, says: “Health scares are like toothpaste: once they're out, it's very hard to get them back in the tube. They catch fire fast, because they're so seductive to journalists. And they don't go away, because once you've planted fear and doubt in the mind, people become almost superstitious. Even doctors I know feel worried about MMR, knowing it’s irrational.”

blogs.telegraph.co.uk... re-has-caused/

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Re read what i wrote and then perhaps you will understand what I said. Thanks.

No I'll just explain. They had their vaccines.
They at some later point became unwell with symptoms of measles.
The doctor asked, did they have their jabs.
I said, yes.
He said, well they can't have measles then, even though it looks like measles, talks like measles and walks like measles............it cannot be measles.

Years later. Another child has MMR.
He gets mumps a few years later.
Doctor say, did he have jabs.
I say, yes.
Doctor says, ah well, vaccine doesn't work anyway.

The end. Any clearer for you?

edit on 12-4-2013 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

I did the same myself, i weighed up the pro's and cons of my daughter having the vaccination, and am now glad i did because theres a few of her school friends with it, and guys it looks really really nasty.
Its still really bad here in Swansea and theres no sign of it abating anytime soon.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I would just like to add an update to this thread which is quite important given the completely inaccurate thread title. There were not over 700 confirmed cases of measles. There were not even 50 confirmed cases of measles. These were reported cases. Reported is not confirmed.

According to NHS Wales own data, through the whole of 2012 there were 14 confirmed cases of measles. In the first 3 months of 2013 there were 26 confirmed cases of measles. The fake outbreak didn't start until November, but even if you add all 2012 cases and known 2013 cases, that's 40 confirmed cases as of March.

Original Article
Wales Official Reported Measles Cases
Wales Official Confirmed Measles Cases

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

The problem with that data is that not every diagnosed case of measles is tested.
In fact very few are indeed as it's not mandatory.

A notified case only needs to be fully diagnosed by a qualified practitioner and there can actually be issues with the testing particularly with the oral one if it's not carried out straight away.
It's really not that difficult to diagnose measles although a few will undoubtedly be false-positives.

So before you try to insinuate that this is a "fake" outbreak (for whatever reason you would see fit) don't look into the numbers without looking at the reasons for the numbers first.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

The title of the thread is "700 confirmed cases". This was also the mantra used in the media in order to get the deluded public to line up all in a row. This is factually incorrect as I have demonstrated. What we have here are obviously hyped up numbers in order to perpetrate an epidemic that never was. And you accuse me of being the one with the agenda? Please.
edit on 10-5-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
reply to post by Pardon?

The title of the thread is "700 confirmed cases". This was also the mantra used in the media in order to get the deluded public to line up all in a row. This is factually incorrect as I have demonstrated. What we have here are obviously hyped up numbers in order to perpetrate an epidemic that never was. And you accuse me of being the one with the agenda? Please.
edit on 10-5-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

According to the links you provided there were only slightly more cases of measles in the WHOLE of 2012 than there were in the first 3 months of 2013.
And I've told you of the issues with the confirmation tests which is factually correct but which you have ignored.
I.e. a clinical diagnosis constitutes a full notification.

Here's the latest data which includes April 2013 and up to the 9th of May this year.

Public Health Wales-Measles Notifications

But no, there's no epidemic is there?
And definitely no agenda from you.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by rickymouse
anyone who doesn't get immunised is a bloody moron.

100% agree.

Not only that but they are a danger to the rest of us.

If 50 years ago if loads people had refused the smallpox vaccine we would still have it going around.

This paronoid people that think up all this wierd conspircays on vaccines make me mad

edit on 16-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
reply to post by rickymouse

I agree. What does not kill you makes you stronger.

Oh really? Try telling that to someone with polio.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

Look at the bright side in that all those people will never ever get measles again.......just by catching the measles, and no one was hurt........just unwell for a couple of weeks! No one died because of the measles and no one has been injured. Even the young gentleman that they claimed died because of measles, that was not what killed him. So try not to search for a dark side. It's just a bug.

The British are known to over react to bugs. In the UK all animals are killed if they have been exposed to foot and mouth which is just a mild cold in animals. In the rest of europe they manage without such hysteria and let their animals rest and recover. In the UK all slaves must be productive for the master 100 percent of the time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join