UK Measles Epidemic, 700 Confirmed Cases!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

There has been a big jump in measles cases reported in the Swansea epidemic over the last two days, says Public Health Wales.

Another 73 cases brings the total to 693 and means it is now bigger than last year's outbreak in north west England.

Officials are still urging parents of unvaccinated children across Wales to get protection.

BBC News

Just found this today, there is now a epidemic of Measles in North England, I blame poor uptake of MMR.

I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Anyway let me know what you think

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This was the area where the local press ran scare stories against the MMR vaccinations isn't it? The ones about it giving their kids Autism.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
S&F, OtherSide. Nearly everyone's worried about NK when there are so many issues like infectious diseases that we should really be worrying about.

Tin-foil hat comment: Are TPTB using NK to distract people from real issues like these?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This was the area where the local press ran scare stories against the MMR vaccinations isn't it? The ones about it giving their kids Autism.

Yes it was.
Although the national press also ran with it throughout the rest of the UK.

Starting a conspiracy theory on the other side of the fence though......it's strange how when the original study was ruled out for being bogus that the retraction never made their front pages eh? Tucked deeply away in the science section no doubt.

Now because of their sensationalism we've got hundreds of kids and adults with measles propagating ad nauseam. Hopefully the vast majority will just have the "normal" illness and recover quickly but I really feel for any of the under 5's and over 20's if they develop complications.
They can be very nasty indeed and in some cases fatal.

Having in the past worked in a paediatric ICU and dealt with cases of measles induced encephalitis and meningitis the minimal risks associated with the MMR are far, far more preferable to the alternative.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Another concern w/an outbreak like this...how many new immigrants, for religious or cultural basis, opt OUT of vaccine programs.

The affects of measles on the unborn is horrific. The MMR vaccine has saved tens of millions of lives.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
My son had MMR vaccine. He caught mumps and measles on different occassions.
The GP said that he knew these vaccinations did not work.
The interesting thing was that when he was diagnosed with measles I realised that my older children who had been vaccinated with measles vaccine had also been sick with measles but the GP had claimed not to know what the runny nose, red eyes, fever and tell tale rash was.

What are the chances are that a lot of these children who had been diagnosed with measles have had the MMR vaccine? That would be a very interesting statistic to squeeze out of the 'doctors'.

edit on 11-4-2013 by Elliot because: spelling

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

I had the measles when I was young.....I got to take a week off of school for that
I don't remember hearing of very many people dying from measles when I was a kid. I don't know why they are so worried about measles. Mumps was common when I was a kid and I do remember hearing of a few kids having serious problems with the mumps back then.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I agree. What does not kill you makes you stronger.
I believe some studies were done that showed that people who had had mumps as children were very unlikely to get testicular or ovarian cancer in later life. The virus had protected them for some reason.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
My son had MMR vaccine. He caught mumps and measles on different occassions.
The GP said that he knew these vaccinations did not work.
The interesting thing was that when he was diagnosed with measles I realised that my older children who had been vaccinated with measles vaccine had also been sick with measles but the GP had claimed not to know what the runny nose, red eyes, fever and tell tale rash was.

What are the chances are that a lot of these children who had been diagnosed with measles have had the MMR vaccine? That would be a very interesting statistic to squeeze out of the 'doctors'.

edit on 11-4-2013 by Elliot because: spelling

Doctors were not verifying that a disease was a disease that was vaccinated against before. The CDC mandated that doctors tell the truth because it was something that could cause a pandemic to occur. The effectiveness of the vaccines was deceivingly wrong in the past. You will notice that more of the truth about the reliability of these vaccines is happening now, this is because of the CDC making the doctors verify the truth instead of erroneously believing what the Pharma companies salesmen were telling them.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

So basically, and giving Pharma the benefit of the doubt, they 'hope' their vaccines will work, but 'know' that they likely won't?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pardon?

Hopefully the vast majority will just have the "normal" illness and recover quickly but I really feel for any of the under 5's and over 20's if they develop complications.

So can the MMR vaccine, in some cases. But let's not squabble about the statistics eh?
edit on 11-4-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys

Hopefully the vast majority will just have the "normal" illness and recover quickly but I really feel for any of the under 5's and over 20's if they develop complications.

So can the MMR vaccine, in some cases. But let's not squabble about the statistics eh?

No, let's "squabble".

18 deaths in 4 years that have been linked (the important word is "linked") but not directly caused by MMR vaccines is 18 too many.
Considering there have been millions of MMR vaccines administered in the UK since their inception sort of puts that figure into some sort of perspective though doesn't it?

If you care to look into all of the figures you will probably come up with a mortality rate of around

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Considering there have been millions of MMR vaccines administered in the UK since their inception sort of puts that figure into some sort of perspective though doesn't it?

Not really. Millions of people contracted measles, got over it, and grew up to be healthy adults. I'm one of them.

If you care to look into all of the figures

Which I don't. Lies damn lies and...statistics. Arguments about figures tends to lead to who's paying who's research and as the result is usually Big Pharma, I'll use common sense over skewed data thanks.

So, if you want to squabble over stats (I'd actually say quibble) feel free.

I said let's not, but you carry on with your agenda.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Before MMR you were looking at 1 in 500 to 600 deaths for people who had measles. That's just in the UK alone.

This is blatently untrue. The death rate in the UK from measles at it's peak was around 100 per year (1/5000). 1 in 10000 children were thought to have contracted it. The vast majority got over it just fine. Granted, 100 deaths is more than 18 deaths, but factor in the other associated risks known to be associated with vaccination that are not a foctor in the disease, and sorry but the numbers still don't add up.

Oh and just for fun, and as you like perspective so much, the chances of anyone dying from measels in this modern day is less than 1 in 55 million. Thanks mostly to hygiene and basic antibiotics. Nothing to do with vaccines.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I've had measles 3 times, immediately following each vaccination. The last booster that I needed for pre-med, caused a partial paralysis in my arm for nearly a month.

There is also evidence that links the mmr to Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis ( debate over the mechanism of action, some say it triggers the expression of existing genetic susceptibility, others say it lies dormant in GI mucosal tissues)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've had measles 3 times, immediately following each vaccination. The last booster that I needed for pre-med, caused a partial paralysis in my arm for nearly a month.

There is also evidence that links the mmr to Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis ( debate over the mechanism of action, some say it triggers the expression of existing genetic susceptibility, others say it lies dormant in GI mucosal tissues)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Same here - I had the measles and mumps when I was a nipper. I wouldn't wish them on anybody though, the mumps especially is quite nasty, neither did me any long lasting harm.

That said, I have made sure everyone of my kids has had their jabs, why take the risk that they are one of the unlucky ones and gets done it by the disease? IMO, anyone who doesn't get immunised is a bloody moron.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

So your claiming that your children got the measles they were vaccinated from...

But then the next thing you say is that your doctor said they were not sick with measles.

So who's the liar here? You, or your doctor?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot

Considering that the 2012 measles outbreak in Liverpool and this outbreak in Swansea are in area's where MMR vaccine uptake is the lowest in the UK, I'd say the chances of those infected having had the MMR previously is pretty low. There are still over 6,000 un-vaccinated children in the Swansea area even now with the outbreak spreading.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

When one understands what exactly is in these vaccines and how they are made, one would wonder how vaccines could possibly be of any benefit to health. Vaccines are produced from either dead or live attenuated (weakened) disease microorganisms. In the dead vaccines, viruses or bacteria have been inactivated by heat, radiation or poisonous chemicals. However, there is no guarantee that all of the microorganisms have been killed. If just one microbe survives it can multiply very rapidly and actually create the disease. This has been known to happen. In fact, every case of polio during the 1980’s was caused by the polio vaccine.

Vaccines created from live attenuated viruses and bacteria are made from the pus of animals that have been infected with disease and then butchered. In these vaccines, the live virus must be weakened by passing the virus through animal tissue several times to reduce its potency for human use.

The measles virus is passed through chick embryos, the polio virus through monkey kidneys, and the rubella virus through the dissected organs of an aborted human (yes human!) fetus.

The weakened germ is then stabilized by adding drugs, antibiotics, and toxic disinfectants such as neomycin, streptomycin, aluminum hydroxide, formaldehyde, and thimerosal (a mercury derivative).

Studies have shown that even microscopic dosages of some of these substances can lead to cancer, neurological damage, and death.

Because of the way vaccines are prepared, additional contaminants may pose more serious concerns. During the serial passage of viruses through the animal cells, foreign genetic material (animal RNA and DNA) is transferred from one host to another. This biological matter is then injected directly into the human body. According to some researchers, this could change our genetic makeup.

Are vaccines effective in preventing disease? The evidence proves that they are not. According to the international mortality statistics, there was at least a 95% decline in the incidence and severity of these diseases before the introduction of their vaccines. Measles has apparently returned, with a death rate twenty times higher than before the measles vaccine became available

www.sunherb.com...

It is a matter of individual choice at this point but somewhere in the future that will no longer be an option if the ones who chose to vaccinate are so fanatical about the direction everyone else should take based on their personal preference. Interestingly enough, less and less anti vaccination information and real statistics are available online but hordes of pro vaccine propaganda is.
edit on 11-4-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join