It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Storm Is Coming By April 13TH

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zedoapocalipse2012

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Edit: I read the OP wrong, my apologies.
edit on 11-4-2013 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hi Zedo and welcome aboard.

Here's a clip of it too.

stereo.ssl.berkeley.edu...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Here is the NASA endless spiral on it.

[url.abovetopsecret.c om]AboveTopSecret[/url]

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

The mods are here to handle these things. You trying to apply for the job?

Welcome, Zedo.

BTW, that CME probably won't hurt too bad since it didn't come right at us. Im sure there will be some pretty lights up North, though!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The CME indicates as having quite high velocity and density so it could result in fairly strong geomagnetic storming. That depends a lot on its magnetic orientation though. If the Bz component holds north it will prevent the magnetosphere from "loading" with Solar particles and keep geomagnetic activity from getting very high.

The peak density appears to be in a quite narrow peak though, so the effects are not likely to last long in any case.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...
edit on 4/11/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I was in Scotland when the 1989 storm struck the Earth. It was amazing. Around 3pm, we started hearing Scandinavian FM radio stations in stereo in between our regular FM stations. They noticed too

By midnight there was a giant greenish/reddish + shape that filled a 30 degree radius segment of the sky diametrically opposite the point where the Sun would be. Our house faced South-West at latitude 50 degrees thereabouts. From the back garden looking South, that where the + was. Around every 30 seconds, there was a huge sheet of dim green light that just rolled across the entire sky.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Seems a bit harsh.

When I first joined I had looked at the T&C but must have missed the part where it says we are required to post an introduction. I didn't and don't think it's a huge deal. I mean, I wish I had but life goes on.

Well hello ATS, I love sushi, baby animals, and video games. Wait, was I too late? Shoot...

Oh and welcome Zedo. Thanks for the info. Like someone has already mentioned, suspicious0bserver is a great source to follow on these topics.

edit on 12-4-2013 by Cherry0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2013 by Cherry0 because: Bah

edit on 12-4-2013 by Cherry0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It's not a thread worthy CME in my opinion,

But welcome to ATS regardless.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dulce5cinco
What if Nuclear war is being instigated to prevent people from seeing the documentary Sirius about proven Alien contact and technology repression. This film will change the world if it is convincing enough. I'm sure Dr. Steven Greer's life, and the lives of those who have touched a mummified humanoid ET, will never be the same. It was just a few months ago I saw a thread outlining threats the US made to Japan for noticing their presence entering North Korea? Makes one wonder.

The tiny alien is an 8 month old humanoid from a race native to Earth we've not seen before. It isn't E.T in nature, and this is coming from a staunch believer in E.T's

From what I've been told this race still exist in forests in parts such as North-west Montana.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
SpaceWeather.com says it'll be a 'glancing blow' .... in other words, we won't get hit head on so it won't be a big deal. We may get lucky and see some northern lights from it. I hope so. That's at the top of my 'bucket list'. I've never seen them and really want to ....

Yes, another 'glancing blow'.

There is only a 5% chance Earth would take a direct hit.

or there is a 95% chance we will not get hit.

I'm more interested in all of the earthquakes appearing around the world.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
www.scienceworldreport.com...

Found this picture this morning in an article linked above. What is that (in large the pic) at 11:00 o'clock?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Nasa has it here.

www.space.com...

And it certainly looks bright and aimed at the camera.

NASA officials dubbed today's solar flare as a "spring fling" for the sun, which has been relatively calm as it heads into its peak activity period.

Today's M-class solar flare was about 10 times weaker than X-class flares, which are the strongest flares the sun can unleash. M-class solar flares are the weakest solar events that can still trigger space weather effects near Earth, such as communications interruptions or spectacular northern lights displays.

The solar flare triggered a short-lived radio communications blackout on Earth that registered as an R2 event (on a scale of R1 to R5), according to space weather scales maintained NOAA, Fox added.

spaceweather.com...

Here's the current oval.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

T's & C's are the TERMS and CONDITIONS you agree to when joining this PRIVATE forum.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thank you for the great information OP.

We all have are hobbies, and interests. That's what makes this such a great forum, even new folks (like me) can contribute, and are welcomed!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
M6?

Not much to worry about, now if we get something like a higher level X flare - time to get your faraday cages out.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

Howdy...I sure dont want the job...maybe someday...um...perhaps not....

Thanks MS

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherry0

And you absolutely missed what I said. The Introduction Forum Thread Title...is not the place for this person to start topics or threads as he did...until they MAKE 20 posts to anything, any topic and in any forum.

You did read our T's & C's as well...correct? Ask a mod....geez...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
www.scienceworldreport.com...

Found this picture this morning in an article linked above. What is that (in large the pic) at 11:00 o'clock?

this? not sure.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

do we wrap our stuff in tin foil now or can we wait til the night of the 12th?

and welcome

It's fun to make fun (I don't think your being mean) but these things can be very dangerous. I read that during one of the Apollo missions, a CME was so powerful that if the astronauts would have been on the moon and exposed to the energy, they may have been killed. Fortunately, the mission was delayed by a couple days and they were not on the moon at the time of the CME. Sure seems to me that we are seeing more of these and I understand we are approaching one of the 11-year solar maximums. I guess it's just a matter of time before we get hit hard by a big one.
edit on 12-4-2013 by wrkn4livn because: spelling fix

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join