My Choice: Gay Rights or Save the Rhino

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by Bedlam

Okay so now we all know that you have had education, would you lilke to add anything to the thread that is on topic?

You missed the point. It WAS on topic. The problem is, rhinos gather little sympathy. You're asking why no-one responds or if they do, it's not serious. That's because rhinos are nasty brutes with little saving grace. Even a polar bear is pretty. A tiger is pretty. You can have some sympathy for them, because they are cute as babies, and awe-inspiring as adults.

But a rhino is just homely as hell. It's not even good looking as a baby. Rhinos are the AMC Pacers of the mammalian kingdom. There's not much of a fan following.

Thus even when they buzzsaw one's face off, people watch it with less sympathy than they do with the sort of morbid voyeurism they pay to things like Blasting Cap Man.

It's sort of like being the spokesman for tarantulas or chinese crested hairless dogs, you're going to be standing alone. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

That's your opinion but I have a soft spot for any animal that is being killed because some moron wants their horns, Ivory or what ever else can make them a buck... What about Elephants? Should we wipe them off the planet because they have tusks, big ears, a big nose and no-one cares about them?
edit on 11-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
What a downright shame that your thread has been trolled out so quickly!

I was actually looking forward to having a decent intelligent conversation here about this issue.

Although personally and with respect to you OP i wouldn't have titled your thread Gay rights or save the Rhino (although i understand what you mean) as this could mislead people.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Let gay people get married - then they can pay to get divorced. My God - straight people don't get married anymore. You can still own things together, inherit eachother's stuff, have a gaurdianship or power of attorney over eachother Trust me - don't get legally married.

Gay marriage vs. Gay execution?

You've got to be kidding? Is this your issue?

Once again - I say Rhinos.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thank you! This reply of yours has kind of made my day!

I am not a fanatic gay rights activist, I just want to point that out and I have never asked for any "special rights" for gay people but I do live in a country in which a member of parliament in parliament said "Gay people are worse than dogs and should be herded into the ocean and drowned!"

And to Bedlam, Rhino are a lot less bad tempered than you believe, they do not just attack unless provoked or feel threatened espcially when with their young! How would you react if "percieved" that your children were in danger? Why expect any less from another animal than you would expect from yourself!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

You think what they do to Rhino's is bad.... Then do not look up Moon Bears.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
There are no laws currently in enforcement in the USA that prohibit or punish any type of homosexual activity.

EXCEPT, they cannot get married through the government license system as these licenses were designed 100% for the purpose of denying undesirables. Which the whole system needs to be eliminated since it's unconstitutional and extremely oppressive to religious freedoms.

So when you say "GayRights", what you really mean is "Government authorized gay marriage licensing".
How do you have a right to a license? Licenses are granted privileges that are not normally rights, and religion is certainly a right (of which marriage is directly associated with).

# 1 Marriage is a religious right, not a government granted privilege.

# 2 The government has no authority to dictate religious matters, including marriage. Nor can they stamp it because that becomes state supported religion.

# 3 Gay people have no additional rights than anyone else. Nor are they being oppressed in any significant way compared to anyone else. Gay people have human rights like everyone else, such as religious freedom which grants them the right to marry whomever is willing to say yes to them.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Here is a little video that some people may take the time to watch :

WARNING graphic images

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I purposely gave it that title even though I, as you, knew what would happen! I put gay into the title just to get more people to read it and respond and it worked but even though I hardly mentioned anything about gay rights the thread has just gone in that direction but you know what if it has just sparked a positive reaction in one person who never thought about the Rhino before then I am happy!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I am not a fanatic gay rights activist, I just want to point that out and I have never asked for any "special rights" for gay people but I do live in a country in which a member of parliament in parliament said "Gay people are worse than dogs and should be herded into the ocean and drowned!"

Sounds like the words of a Zionist speaking about Palestinians.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Actually, they're not standing alone, a simple google search shows that. Here are just four of many links that show up in a search:

rightsforrhinos.co.za...

www.piaberrend.org...

perc.org...

www.sabc.co.za...

Originally posted by Bedlam

reply to post by Bedlam

Okay so now we all know that you have had education, would you lilke to add anything to the thread that is on topic?

You missed the point. It WAS on topic. The problem is, rhinos gather little sympathy. You're asking why no-one responds or if they do, it's not serious. That's because rhinos are nasty brutes with little saving grace. Even a polar bear is pretty. A tiger is pretty. You can have some sympathy for them, because they are cute as babies, and awe-inspiring as adults.

But a rhino is just homely as hell. It's not even good looking as a baby. Rhinos are the AMC Pacers of the mammalian kingdom. There's not much of a fan following.

Thus even when they buzzsaw one's face off, people watch it with less sympathy than they do with the sort of morbid voyeurism they pay to things like Blasting Cap Man.

It's sort of like being the spokesman for tarantulas or chinese crested hairless dogs, you're going to be standing alone. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I know already, don't get me started on that subject, there is a thread on ATS somewhere about them but it is VERY upsetting! Are they Moon Bears or Sun Bears? Sorry, I'm a bit brain dead today!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

But I don't live in the USA! I live in Namibia, Africa where gay rights are not what they are in the US!

I get the feeling that people read the title of the thread, the first very short paragraph and then in for the kill!

This thread is NOT about gay rights it's about Rhino being poached in the most awful way!
edit on 11/4/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Ok so you are in the UK? Wow, your history for marriage is a little bit different than mine, for instance in the US it was used primarily to segregate and prevent interracial mixed couples. They typically got denied all requests for a permit.

The UK the history is even far more blatantly religious oriented than it is here in the states.

I am not sure how the UK Govt deals with marriage, do they also have a system of official paperwork and licensing registration? To get married?

If so, than stick to what I said about the USA and it should apply equally as well there or anywhere else.

My comment about how oppressed the gay community is does not apply to your nation, only what I know of in my own. However, I havent heard of any major incidents of overt tyranny coming from your media over there so I anticipate it isn't exactly a big deal there either.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

NO! I am in Namibia, the little African country just above South Africa on the map!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Bedlam

That's your opinion but I have a soft spot for any animal that is being killed because some moron wants their horns, Ivory or what ever else can make them a buck... What about Elephants? Should we wipe them off the planet because they have tusks, big ears, a big nose and no-one cares about them?
edit on 11-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

But elephants are cool. They're smart, they're useful, they're cute as babies. They're even fun to play with. Usually. And you've got "Dumbo", so there's some high powered PR.

Heck, you can even have one as a companion if you live in the right place. But the only thing you can do with a rhino is scream and run for your life, generally fruitlessly, with the end result being your torn crushed body being trampled underfoot by a critter that can't even tell when you're threatening it or trying to escape.

They don't even have nice ears, just those round raggedy looking things.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Well, sincerely, that guy in parliament is just as bad as rhino poachers - I'm in the US - didn't know gay bashing was ok in south africa - it isn't here.

I do care about poaching any kind of animal to just saw off whatever one part that people think they can make money off of. Every creature is beautiful on the earth - even the mosquito is needed for food for birds, and bats -

I'm not being sarcastic - I mean it. I do get very angry over what the fundamentalist islam countries do about the gay issue/

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

This, in no way, is a racial comment!

But. One day our children will look at topics of discussion such as this and mock us. Back 50 years or more ago it was race wars. After that it was gender wars, now it's war against loving another human being.

I, as a gay 23yo, cannot wait to be 70 and look back at how much has changed.

On topic- I love rhinos.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Life sentences for poachers
Compulsory education to teach children not to be prejudice

S&F for an important post

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by wiser3

Let gay people get married - then they can pay to get divorced. My God - straight people don't get married anymore. You can still own things together, inherit eachother's stuff, have a gaurdianship or power of attorney over eachother Trust me - don't get legally married.

Gay marriage vs. Gay execution?

You've got to be kidding? Is this your issue?

Once again - I say Rhinos.

And my point was/is that I support Rhinos and I will would support them OVER any gay rights ANY DAY! THAT WAS THE POINT OF THE THREAD!
edit on 11/4/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum