It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Choice: Gay Rights or Save the Rhino

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
As a gay person on ATS I often get upset and angry when I read the anti-gay rights threads, I get vocal and hot under the collar and voice my opinion but it blows over very quickly!

This morning watching the news I found myself in tears watching a poor animal, half of it's face removed by vicious killers, with a chainsaw, for it's horn, IT'S HORN, to be ground down and used in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine),most effective for.....? NOTHING!! Powdered Rhino Horn is as about effective in curing disease, Erectile Dysfunction, as Powdered Human Nails The Rhino was then left to die slowly and painfully, you could hear its groans of pain, a cry for help, for release, it just wanted the pain to stop, it wanted to die! "Luckily" and I use the word VERY loosely, for it South African Game Rangers came across it and put it out of it's misery!

Now, I am angry, I am violently angry! If I had to choose between supporting gay rights and choosing to save the Rhino I would choose Rhino! This majestic animal is being wiped out by callous uncaring people without a thought!

What also has shocked me is the reaction that my Rhino threads, this is my fifth, get here on ATS! Hardly a response! Doesn't anyone care about these animals anymore? Is really all just about me, me, me? Have we forgotten so quickly what really matters? Humans will one day, hopefully, disappear off the face of the planet before we have killed off every last animal and they will once again reign supreme!

edit on 11/4/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The sad thing about it all is that poachers could take the horns without killing the Rhino's. I seen a documentary where activists have built some type of farm where they cut the horns off and release them back into the the wild. I guess it's to stop the poachers and it's probably not a bad idea either. But maybe they are making a killing on the side also.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Sadly the human being becomes a very sick, twisted and perverted monster when it comes down to making money and will stop at no lengths in order to do so!

One day man will eventually succeed in wiping himself of the face of the planet because of greed!

One thing which has proven to work as a deterrent (apart from shooting the poachers) and i think should be deployed to other game reserves is the useage of a certain pink dye which is injected by pressure into the horn making the horn unuseable for anyone -this has no toxic effect whatsoever on the animal.

This is the Kaziranga national park

Poisoning Rhino Horns

www.assamtimes.org...

But here is some good news for you : Rhino Poachers Killed In South Africa's Kruger National Park

www.gadling.com...

And this will get some people posting about the poachers poor families because they need to feed them... NO, there are other ways to make money than poaching! (I have an aquaintance who actually works at Kruger and i can tell you that the locals don't need to poach to make money, there are jobs if they need them).

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 11-4-2013 by Rodinus because: link added

edit on 11-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Another link added

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

I just made a rubbish joke on another rhino thread so I'm being more mature here - one of the reasons I make daft quips sometimes is that I hate to think of the idea of human life continuing it's dominance on earth... It's plain enough to see that if enough humans don't change for the better, wildlife has no place in the earth of the future except for the scavengers like rats and birds in our cities. Eventually even insects will be wiped out, then after the microbes in our soil die off we will be left with the sterile planet we have all apparently worked so hard for.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Your so right and thats the sad thing about it. It's not just the Rhino's and poachers. We have bigger problems especially when it comes to say bees dying off, marine life washing up on our beaches, Birds droppin out of the sky and I'm sure there are other phenomena also. Now some of these things could be natural occurences but I swear that it's us that are causing most of the issues.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Thank you for this reply Skalla, I didn't respond to your reply on my other thread as the jokes were just starting to wear a little thin when I feel very strongly about this!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Well, the problem is, ATS isn't really the right venue for rhino outrage.

It's not from outer space, rhinos aren't being abducted by aliens, you don't see rhino ghosts much, Big Medicine isn't stealing rhino horns, the military isn't breeding them with genetic mods to make Adamantium-plated Grizzly Rhino Attack Steeds for Special Forces (although that would be SWEET). They don't generally control people's minds, no one dreams about them (except possibly you), it's unlikely that any ATSer is actually dependent on their supply of rhino horn powder.

The government isn't suppressing them, there's no evidence that rhinos factored large in the minds of the Egyptians, Persians or Maya. There are no cave paintings showing either Christ or aliens riding them. They're not depicted often in Egyptian tombs.

I'd guess no aliens from the fifth density (whatever that means) are channeling warnings about them. They don't make chemtrails. They're not a cure for chemtrails. They don't fly UFOs. The Nazis didn't take any to Antarctica. As far as I know, there are no rhinos in the mystical Inner Hollow Earth.

Rhinos don't emit microwaves. They aren't stealthed. No one targets them with HAARP. They have no particularly interesting military usage.

That being the case, the rhinophiles are not thick on the ground here. I predict your pleas for outrage are going to fall on deaf ears.

Now, if you had a few pics of rhinos on flying saucers, you might have something.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

This is the Fragile Earth Forum, there is one for jokes too you know!

link   
reply to post by wiser3

Rhinos!

Work on gay rights in countries that have no rhinos and actually execute gay people - and little girl rape victims - and anybody else who doesn't worship their idea of who god is.

Where else in the world do gay people not have any rights?

link   
Dear Wiser3,

I care and I know others who care. You are not alone. This is horrendous what they are doing to those beautiful animals!

S & F

Aelf

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You may be correct about everything you say but are Rhino's an endangered species or is that just a myth also?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

What planet are you from?

Does your post actually mean anything?

What do you know about gay rights OR RHINO?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
the military isn't breeding them with genetic mods to make Adamantium-plated Grizzly Rhino Attack Steeds for Special Forces (although that would be SWEET).

How partially wrong you are!

Although we didn't use adamantium to plate them, we actually did create Grizzly Rhino Attack Steeds for our commandos.

Wiki Rhino Tanks

And you better watch out making claims that the Nazis didn't take Rhinos to their secret base in Antarctica, we don't know for sure.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

I'm not joking. Rhinos aren't even cared about in Fragile Earth. Mainly because even FE generally depends on some sort of conspiracy angle like any other forum on ATS.

If I posted an entertainingly written article on basic trigonometry on ATS, I'd also expect it to drop like a gutshot sparrow, because it's just not the right place to drum up trigophiles. A detailed post on the use of twistors in tensor calculus would garner even less of a response due to a marked lack of interest in conformal metrics, despite being a particularly clever bit of math by Dr Penrose.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Okay so now we all know that you have had education, would you lilke to add anything to the thread that is on topic?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Bedlam

You may be correct about everything you say but are Rhino's an endangered species or is that just a myth also?

They don't have proper PR. If you were cutting off dolphin snouts to make peener pills, you'd have ATS members foaming at the mouth over it. You couldn't make them out of baby seals and get away with it. It's even sort of edgy to use deer antlers, even though they'll grow back.

But no one really cares about rhinos, because they never made a TV show or Disney movie about them, except for a sort of bit part in The Lion King, and even there they weren't very likable.

No one LIKES rhinos. They're ugly, ill-tempered brutes. They're not even cute as babies. I suspect you could have a baby rhino culling and not drum up any response from PETA.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by Happy1

What planet are you from?

Does your post actually mean anything?

What do you know about gay rights OR RHINO?

I don't live trapped in divisive fantasies predicated upon believing certain groups have special rights.

I only believe in rights that all higher lifeforms possess, of which marriage is a religious right and not a government realm of authority. They don't have legitimate authority to sign or hand out marriage licenses plain and simple, to anyone!

Marriage licenses were created for one purpose : Segregation and Control
At first it was based on race, so they made this license system to make sure that mixed couples couldn't get married. Nowadays it's used for the same reason but in more vague areas, like being able to deny you a marriage certification.

Do I support gay marriage? No, I am against all marriage, including hetero, IF the Govt is involved in any way shape or form!
Do I support non-government sanctioned marriages performed by common law practices with family members or religious associates? YES 100% for everyone!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Sorry? My questions were not for you!

Marriage! Where did I even mention marriage?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Bedlam

They don't have proper PR. If you were cutting off dolphin snouts to make peener pills, you'd have ATS members foaming at the mouth over it. You couldn't make them out of baby seals and get away with it. It's even sort of edgy to use deer antlers, even though they'll grow back.

But no one really cares about rhinos, because they never made a TV show or Disney movie about them, except for a sort of bit part in The Lion King, and even there they weren't very likable.

No one LIKES rhinos. They're ugly, ill-tempered brutes. They're not even cute as babies. I suspect you could have a baby rhino culling and not drum up any response from PETA.

I love the animals personally.

They are highly developed sentient and surprisingly intelligent creatures.
They are one of the things right about Earth that make it worth living.

I like their tempers and agree with their sentiments.

I find any form of senseless killing to be heinous. But to kill something as grand and magnificent as that mighty beast the Rhino? It's extremely heinous and selfish.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by muzzleflash

Sorry? My questions were not for you!

Marriage! Where did I even mention marriage?

Oh you didn't mention marriage?

Than what "Gay rights" are you talking about?

Oh you were talking about marriage. Alright we will stick with my original presumption than.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join