It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking into the future

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think the US is relieved we have a popular President with a clear and fair win this time around. True roughly half would have preferred Kerry (including myself) but everyone on both sides went all out this year and it was decided fair and square. We had a record turn out and the people have spoken. We stand united once again and I think the sour taste in everyone's mouth over Florida from 4 years ago has been removed.

I predict these next 4 years will be a great period of growth and prosperity for the USA. The economy will continue to improve albeit at a slower pace than desired. We are blessed to have Greenspan at the helm for 2 more years to continue us on the right path.

I don't believe we will see another terrorist attack on US soil during these next 4 years. I don't believe we will kill or capture Bin Laden in these next 4 years. I don't see any change on North Korea or Iran in these next 4 years.

Iraq I predict will be the one peice of bad news for the US in Bush's final term. We will lose around 3000-4000 troops during these next 4 years and not much will be solved. It was a bad investment from the beginning and unfortunately there is little to no upside. Apparently Iraq is not a major issue as proven by the election results anyway.

My greatest fear is for the lives of our troops on the front line and their families. These few brave souls are now shouldering alone the huge burden of the war on terror. This is terribly unfair but if I can be honest part of me is glad the terrorists are occupied in Iraq and not here in the US. The troops and money sacrificed in Iraq are now a form of hush money to the terrorists. Sadly this has been condoned by myself and America.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cardu
I see a great future for humanity.

Must be nice to live in your world.

I see greater gov't. intrusion into our personal lives, as the Supreme Court and the fed courts get packed with right-wing judges who believe they have a divine mandate to penalize any group of people they don't agree with.

I see the lone voice of reason in the current administration, Sec. of State Powell, riding out of DC without a backwards glance, leaving Dubya and Rummy with the ability to attack any sovereign nation they damn well please (as long as they remember to yell, "They're terrorists!" beforehand).

I see the national budget deficit continue to soar as Dubya passes out the tax cuts to his cronies (and campaign contributors) while conducting the previously mentioned attacks. (Makes you wonder how he ever passed Economics 101, let alone received an Ivy League MBA....)

I see scientific advancement grind to a halt in order to appease conservative Christians.

I see federal programs designed to aid the poor in this country continue to get the fuzzy side of the lollipop with regard to funding.

I see a nice bonus for the CEO of Diebold, for making good on his promise to "deliver Ohio for the president."

I see the rest of the world leaving us to clean up our messes all by ourselves.

I fervently hope to see the American people realize at some point that the emperor has no clothes, but I'm not bettin' the farm on it.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrdependable
I think the US is relieved we have a popular President with a clear and fair win this time around. True roughly half would have preferred Kerry (including myself) but everyone on both sides went all out this year and it was decided fair and square. We had a record turn out and the people have spoken. We stand united once again and I think the sour taste in everyone's mouth over Florida from 4 years ago has been removed.

well
That is one good opinion... I would like to believe there will be more people who think the same way you do - it brings me some hope, some light in the tunnel...
thank you

[edit on 3-11-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Unite America?

On September 12th 2001 and following, our president George W. Bush had this country united at the heart 'n soul, we we're unified to the point of dem/rep title didnt even matter.

Just take a look at how divided we are today with people already talking of a civil war!

This is what you get when you base your administration, re-election campaign strategy on fear and hate. Fear towards terrorism and hatred towards gay people decided this election.

Sad indeed,

Oh and get use to seeing a lot more Osama Bin Laden video tapes, audio recordings and promotional t-shirts. We all need that bigger SUV to feel safer.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Olafski
I see an upcoming civil war in the US and a global war as well.

OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the begining of ther end for USA and the rest of the world because amricans are now PRO-WAR and everybody hates them and Bush hates every nation.....

I used to think that americans were victims but now I say they put themselves in sh*t by their own will

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpeace please

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The real destruction is only just about to start. With the election now history, and no more trying to coddle the citizenry, I expect the all out assault on Fallujah to wipe it off Iraq's map to be in full swing by Friday, signalling the true intent of the destruction to come.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
I used to think that americans were victims but now I say they put themselves in sh*t by their own will

Don't blame all of us as only half of us kept this moron in office.

Bush wins. We lose.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There is a lot of bitterness in your posts. Don't get me wrong but IMHO all of it doesn't look good for US, and of course doesn't look good for the rest of the world either.

I've been traveling around US couple of times and hoped to go there again- it is (was???) on of the most interesting places -so many differences, yet somehow working together...
Now reading all comments, all various posts I start to fear that your famous democracy is going down to the drain

Is there anybody who can explain me why it is happening? What causes that suddenly many of american people stop thinking rationally, instead they allow fear and anger to come to them-??
Media?
Terrorist threats?
Their own problems with reality?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
sorry double posted, damm traffic dont know anything right now

[edit on 3-11-2004 by jazzgul]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join