learn more

Think For Yourself

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You don't get under my skin. You amuse me immensely and it amuses me that not everyone sees the game you can't stop playing.

I am here for yours and everyone's amusement. I write to entertain.

Please, what youtube video will you link me to next? Who knows, maybe you'll find your words, express yourself, and finally think for yourself.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Everyone is an Individual except for me.

Here's a Youtube video for you Link

Peace.
edit on 11/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Unicorns?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

You don't get under my skin. You amuse me immensely and it amuses me that not everyone sees the game you can't stop playing.

I am here for yours and everyone's amusement. I write to entertain.

Please, what youtube video will you link me to next? Who knows, maybe you'll find your words, express yourself, and finally think for yourself.

Here again is weak attempt to incite an emotional reaction.
You are here for your entertainment - nothing entertains you more than getting under peoples skin.
edit on 11-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

When panic grips your body and your heart's a hummingbird

Raven thoughts blacken your mind until you're breathing in reverse

All your friends and sedatives mean well, but make it worse

Every reassurance just magnifies the doubt

Better find yourself a place to level out.......

.......All this automatic writing I have tried to understand

From a psychedelic angel who was tugging on my hand

It's an infinite coincidence

but it doesn't form a plan......

edit on 11/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Unicorns?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i^ME = (WE,EW)
¡¿Wh00 Whee?!
edit on 11-4-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: Poets whose evens knows its!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I understand your post, at least the words you have typed
Though, if we all pull our information and thoughts from the "Super Concious" then are any thoughts really your own or have you tapped into that where all thoughts are derived. This is the problem I see. Here's an example.

Your driving down the expressway and you have 2 cars infront of you. Your getting pissy because they are holding you up. So you get the bright idea (Your thought) to pass the knuckleheads who are imeeding your motion forward at the speed you want to travel. Now, as soon as you make a move the 2nd car infront of you makes the same exact move at the same exact time,

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thoughts and words happen.
Who are the thoughts and words speaking about when they say 'myself' or 'yourself'?
What is the word 'I' or 'me' referring to?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Got me. Watched the whole thing as punishment.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Here again is weak attempt to incite an emotional reaction.
You are here for your entertainment - nothing entertains you more than getting under peoples skin.

Anyone who is guilty of that which I am critical of would say such a thing. If my words incite emotional reaction, it is because they resonate negatively with their vanities. Of course, in retaliation, they always end up attacking the critic, thereby excusing themselves from refuting what the critic says, and in turn avoiding the truth.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Is there any thought that really belongs to you? Or is it just a regurgitation and re-arranging of that which came from somewhere and someone else.

Great question.

Yes. Thoughts belong to the one who thought of and created them. But they aren't necessarily "thoughts" until they are made tangible—either written down or expressed in some manner. When this happens, there seems to always be an overlap with the thoughts of others. And if one is unable to express himself, he'll employ the thoughts of others to fill in the holes of his understanding and rhetoric. Originality in thought is always rare.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I agree with this post:

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree

Using quotes by others to get ones point across is okay, using Google to gather information is okay, it doesn't take away from the individual perception, it may be lazy to some but what is information for if you can not access it or utilize it. They don't seem to mind when you have to write a thesis and give footnotes for where you located said information.

Links are used occasionally to help expand on what has been written (to help with the pointing).

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Watched the whole thing.

I'm not surprised, it's a great documentary, with a twist

I would recommend it to anyone who cares about great talent and freedom of expression.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
We are taught that violence (hatred and anger) is cool - that it is entertainment (Tv, Shows, Video Games)...

People find positivity to be a "bore" - they crave the drama, the violence, because this is what people are raised to enjoy...

Less are finding comfort in simple things in life

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yes. Thoughts belong to the one who thought of and created them. But they aren't necessarily "thoughts" until they are made tangible—either written down or expressed in some manner. When this happens, there seems to always be an overlap with the thoughts of others. And if one is unable to express himself, he'll employ the thoughts of others to fill in the holes of his understanding and rhetoric. Originality in thought is always rare.

So in the quest for originality and/or a "Real McCoy" thought, originality in thought is always rare. So how does one think for themselves when they don't have the answer? Except to search for knowledge and wisdom from others via books the internet et cetera to fill those holes? As I totally agree where your going with this, it's still left with holes. Now I am one to say that what I just stated was an original thought, I haven't been talking to anyone else about this only you Les
but somewhere in a deep dark crevis of that brain that occupies my body, I feel like someone somewhere has said this? So the originality is thus thrown out the window? But my regurgitation of what I may or may not have researched and sought knowledge of is thus the comment that I just typed. Original from my mouth yet the concept is something that is more than likely discused else where by others at the same time.

Originality and thinking for yourself is hard to come by in the world today. I'll use movies as the premise for this next example.

How many times has the concept for a movie been revamped into another horrible excuse for a movie? As in today's world we have what feels like a running out of fresh, new ideas to implement. Hence the reason why we are now creating "Comic Book" movies

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

We should show the disobedience of our prophets. We should not follow them, our books, our philosophers, our sages, or our leaders—they too are relevant only to themselves—we should instead do as them. The one thing they have done differently is they thought for themselves.

This is why I search for my own answers, in the hope that they will give me my own purpose.

Star and flag for you, LesMis. Yet another thought-provoking thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I agree Infinity but in the quest to find your own answer's you derive those thoughts based off the knowledge or statements learned through someone else.

So again where does a Original thought come from if not from your search of knowledge from someone or some outside source.... I want to hear an original thought because I feel at this point it may be more elusive than Big Foot or Nessy~

Kindest Respects~

sulaw

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I agree Infinity but in the quest to find your own answer's you derive those thoughts based off the knowledge or statements learned through someone else.

Perhaps my thoughts coincide with the conclusions of philosophers preceding me by hundreds or thousands of years, but like they say: great minds think alike.

So again where does a Original thought come from if not from your search of knowledge from someone or some outside source.... I want to hear an original thought because I feel at this point it may be more elusive than Big Foot or Nessy~

The majority of my theories are based on patterns observed in the universe. Where there is a pattern, there is a direction, and where there is a direction, there is a consistent value.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Just to go a step furter. Where did your OP come from? Was it an Original thought? Or did you derive that post from knowledge aquired? I already SnF I would again if I could as this is very thought provoking, see where i'm going with this though? I'll say you thought for yourself 100% accurate but the knowledge therin must have been learnt from outside sources thus making your OP just as suseptable to the same logic?

Please advise, think tank is awake and he's been known to be wrong as well.....

I await the answer's Les~

Cheers~

sulaw

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Awesome~! ^_^

The majority of my theories are based on patterns observed in the universe. Where there is a pattern, there is a direction, and where there is a direction, there is a consistent value.

So even if we based our knowled off of philosopher's of old we are still re-creating a thought that is not original hence not thinking for yourself..... I'm sorry I loved your post and mean no disrespect.

Even in regards to patterns obersed in the universe and direction in relation to there consistent value, this information is still based off old knowledge to reach new knowledge and new thoughts, yet still the same not an original thought as it's based off old patterns seen.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

So even if we based our knowled off of philosopher's of old we are still re-creating a thought that is not original hence not thinking for yourself..... I'm sorry I loved your post and mean no disrespect.

Ecclesiastes 1:9. New International Version (NIV). 9 What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

Even the Bible says it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join