It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the heck did so many people vote for Bush?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmilici
Anyway not all votes have been counted yet so anything is still possible.

Bush leads in Ohio by more than 136,000 votes, with 100 percent of precincts reporting, according to CNN data.
www.cnn.com...

But they say change is good.

Who is "they"? The "they" i know says "now is not the time for change."

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Anyone see the possible Soaries angle? Rev. DeForest Soaries is an enterprising minister just outside of New Brunswick, NJ (whose church was blocks from where I once lived) and suddenly former Rep. Gov. Whitman publicly thanks him for his help in gaining her election to said office. Soaries is chair of the new Fed agency to ensure a smooth reelection, titled US Election Assistance Commission. The EAC is responsible for the testing and certifying of all election equipment. hmmmm.

He also served as the NJ Sec of State under Whitman. hmmmm. So a 'delay' in this election can only benefit the GOP. Watch for a future Soaries push for Congress, if he can be coaxed away from all the programs he started and his $17 million church complex.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LGXSD
get over it you liberal tree hugging weenies.

you lost by 4 million votes. that makes you and your views the minority in this country. really shows your lack of maturity and lack of an IQ by calling the Bush supporters morons. you are the guys who backed the losing horse.

go eat a wha-burger and some french cries.

This was exactly not the kind of reply I was hoping people would make in this thread. If you want to start some stupid bushfans vs kerryfans crapfest then please start a new thread.
Thanks

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice

Our system is NOT Machiavellian which is defined by:

� of, like, or befitting Machiavelli.
� being or acting in accordance with the principles of government analyzed in Machiavelli's The Prince, in which political expediency is placed above morality and the use of craft and deceit to maintain the authority and carry out the policies of a ruler is described.
� characterized by subtle or unscrupulous cunning, deception, expediency, or dishonesty: Example: He resorted to Machiavellian tactics in order to get ahead.
� a follower of the principles analyzed or described in The Prince, esp. with reference to techniques of political manipulation.

Sounds like the good old USA to me. Read what the definition says again....all I could think of was Bush & Co. Not that any other politicians are any better mind you.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by MacMerdin]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I'm hoping Bush address the rest of the world and lets them know that, when he said "you're either with us or you're against us" he meant it. I hope he pulls our military out of nations like France and Germany. I hope he makes it harder for those nations to send goods into our country. I hope he lets the world see what it means to the global economy when we don't spend all of our dollars overseas.

Thats what im talking about, to the point, like or not THAT is how it should be.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
This was exactly not the kind of reply I was hoping people would make in this thread. If you want to start some stupid bushfans vs kerryfans crapfest then please start a new thread.
Thanks

What were you expecting? You started your post calling Bush supporters retarted. Next time you want to ask an "honest" question leave the name calling out of it.

THANKS

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Why the heck did so many people vote for Bush?

This is an honest question, because I truly do not understand it.
After the crap with the florida votes being stolen back in 2004, most were at least reliefed that Bush would never ever get a vote again.
Yet what strikes me today, Bush gets more votes than Kerry in most parts of the US.
And what do people base their opinion on?

"Bush is a fighter"

or

"Osama told us not to vote for Bush so I did"

Hmmm this puzzles me, in relation to the outcome I have a few quite harsh questions to ask.

1. Are *some* americans too dumb to base their opinion on the content of speeches, basing their vote just on the superfacial oneliners?
#1 dont insult our intelligence, we have the leading universities, scholars, engineers, scientists and are generally a very educated nation. #2 if your from a different country outside the US you will never understand the US 100%. People vote on issues and content, its just that Kerry supporters don't see the content Bush has, they refuse to. They rather believe he stole the election in 2000 like you said instead of realizing that was democracy working at its best, they refuse to look at domestic policies through a non-exagerrated and compliant way.

2. Why, even if your main concern is terrorism and safety, is Bush a better president than Kerry? I am sure that anyone who is not totally retarded could have handled terrorism like Bush did. What is so special here??
Kerry has done two things that have hurt himself....
1. Never explained his plan on Iraq in detail.
2, Said that he would seek more international help in future situations which most likely means through the UN and the majority of Americans DESPISE the UN or other nations having ANY say in what we do here.

3. Do you americans find terrorism and safety more important than your own economy and your own social issues?
Kerry had a plan, but Bush seemed to have trouble answering any of Kerrys questions with a sentence that did not have "education" in it.
Thats a total misconception and honestly a lack of knowing issues.

4. Doesn't the way Bush milked the 9/11 incident over and over and over and over in his speeches get old after a while???
Not at all because Kerry kept bringing it up and claiming the war on terror in his speech's and etc. Bush simply did what any good politician would do and make sure Americans had it front and center on their minds for the election.

5. Are you aware of the fact that the rest of the world understands nothing of what happened in the USA today?
I cant speak for others but myself could give 2 craps less what others think about what we do in America. If they dont like our choice maybe thats a big finger to the world telling them we are sick of the Anti-Americanism yet everyone wants to be pro-american when they need something.

6. Are you aware of the fact that the alliance that was allready wrecked because of Bush actions, is now in a "total loss" stage because of your votes? I dont believe this to be the case because the only diffference Kerry wouldve brought about was to talk to France, Germany and Russia and IMHO we shouldnt even think about talking to them. They want to screw America over left in right through the UN and through the press then they quite frankly dont deserve our time.

This is not ment as an attack, but I am truly curious.
Im not trying to be rude but alot of America is fed up with alot of the international criticism and could really care less what the world thinks. At least thats my opinion, but hey I'm just one person.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Dreamz]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
when a candidate wins on all issues except the discrimination of Gay Americans, and loses the race, then you know we're f***ed as a country.

The borders are open...C ya!!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Sadly,

The American people have decided to vote for a president based on fear & hate instead of hope and opportunity.

I wanna know where you are comming up with this fear and hate? It seems like a pretty generalized statement. I didnt, and I'm sure the vast majority of Americans didn't, base their vote on "fear and hate."

The only thing i "hate" are vague and sweeping comments like yours. Obviously your views aren't the majority, although they sure are on this forum.

Oh yeah, you make some dam* good points dreamz. Glad to finally hear someone with some sense on here. You say what my low writing skills don't let me.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
If the Democrats offered up a stronger candidate than Kerry, I think Bush would have lost, but being Kerry was the only viable opponent, there was far too much risk in giving the keys to the country to a Senator whose record is less than "leaderlike", while Bush has made some mistakes, he sticks to his ideals and makes tough decisions.

Maybe John can improve his record in the Senate and make another run in four years...

I like that, Kerry will definitly need to improve his record but i don't think that will help. He is out, i wonder who is next? Hillary?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Bring on Hillary, that would just mean Republicans for four more years

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Jesus, did you just fall off the turnip truck or what?

Carefull please, bordering on Warn here, Skadi...
Lets keep our insults hurling towards the candidates or their constituents in general, not the members...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Why the heck did so many people vote for Bush? Because he "says" he is christian.....they forget that actions speak louder than words ...American has turned into a laughing stock....
Canada....here I come!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Americans aren't famous for being the brightest crayon in the box, but this is just embarrassing. Time to find a Canadian lapel pin!

EDIT: Is this what it felt like in the sixties when people were fighting for civil rights for blacks, and the law was against them?

[edit on 3-11-2004 by curme]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
We need a test to vote in this country again. You should have to prove you know what the hell you are talking about before you choose the future of our country.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LGXSD

you lost by 4 million votes. that makes you and your views the minority in this country. really shows your lack of maturity and lack of an IQ by calling the Bush supporters morons. you are the guys who backed the losing horse.

go eat a wha-burger and some french cries.

Your post shows your lack of maturity. You conservative war mongering kill, kill, kill weenie.
Oh yeah, without trees you wouldn't be able to breath.

I am sorry to stoop to your level but after I see my fellow americans vote for a retard like bush who cannot even form a cohesive sentence to save his life I find it hard not to.

By the way I did not vote for Bush, I did not vote for Kerry. Why? Becouse they are one and the same.

I am jmilici, and I approved this message.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Why the heck did so many people vote for Bush? Because he "says" he is christian.....they forget that actions speak louder than words ...American has turned into a laughing stock....
Canada....here I come!

Im not anywhere near religious and I voted for Bush so your statement is simply a generalization that is incorrect. I know many of non-Christians who voted for Bush as well, if Kerry had won would you be saying it was America voting against Christianity? I think not. If people think we are the luaghing stock of the world let it be, but dont insult American intelligence on our presidency. And IMO people like you cant get to Canada fast enough.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix

Originally posted by Bout Time
when a candidate wins on all issues except the discrimination of Gay Americans, and loses the race, then you know we're f***ed as a country.

The borders are open...C ya!!

I own exceedingly more property than your 'lucid', 'mature' & 'well reasoned' 26 year old self, why would I go?

To the contrary, those boarders might look good for you once Bush's policies have us losing out, economically, to the United States of Europe, the new world economic super power.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cash3w
We need a test to vote in this country again. You should have to prove you know what the hell you are talking about before you choose the future of our country.

I voted Bush, want to debate me on all the issues? I believe I will put you to shame in terms of knowledge known about the ISSUES. So again, dont insult our intelligence 57 million people cant be wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmilici

How old are you!? "tree hugging "weenies"? wipe out the environment and see how long the human species survives...did you go to school? Do you know anything about how life works on this planet? Oh yeah....I forgot....your for killing everything off...my bad!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join