It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the heck did so many people vote for Bush?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
the path that this whole thing is on is totally negative.peace and goodwill is the way to go.a new face might change the situation and bring peace back to the usa.world views might not perceive bush like they did before.and to look where kerry won where the 911 events happened says it all.those people who live there did not let bush get there votes......flukemol

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Morality? Enron was pretty moral, wasn't it?

Ken Lay, of Enron, was a frequent dinner guest at the
Boston home of Terry Heintz and John Kerry.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
jacko,

Because most of the people in this country are still ignorant. People would rather give up freedom for security. They would also rather fight unwinnable wars that will kill and maim our children.

Oh yeah, did I mention the fact that this is a country that loves hatred and killing and fear. Hence all the movies that come out of hollywood that reflect that. Why not have a president that does the same.

Anyway not all votes have been counted yet so anything is still possible. We will see. Not that Kerry will be any different than bush. But they say change is good.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaNuK
"Why does the rest of world not support the actions of the USA regarding the Iraq invasion and the so called fight against terrorism ideology?"

many were against the Iraq invasion because it meant a decrease in income derived from the manipulation and thievery they dubbed "oil for food" over at the soon to be high income condo's called the UN.

Most of the world had lived with terrorism prior to 9/11. The French dealt with it for years until they made a deal with the islamists. The UK has dealt with it forever. We never experienced it before. Our reaction to the single greatest act of terror was to fight. Not necessarily the best route but certainly better than giving in to the terrorists or turning the other cheek.

I'm hoping Bush address the rest of the world and lets them know that, when he said "you're either with us or you're against us" he meant it. I hope he puts the rest of the world on notice that UN sanctions and programs, put into to place to benefit nations breaking the sanctions will no longer be allowed. I hope he pulls our military out of nations like France and Germany. I hope he makes it harder for those nations to send goods into our country. I hope he lets the world see what it means to the global economy when we don't spend all of our dollars overseas.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by flukemol
the path that this whole thing is on is totally negative.peace and goodwill is the way to go.a new face might change the situation and bring peace back to the usa.world views might not perceive bush like they did before.and to look where kerry won where the 911 events happened says it all.those people who live there did not let bush get there votes......flukemol

Of course, NY would have gone Dem even if safety wasn't an issue....it always does....
in other words, I don't think it means much...just guarentees that our TV has less political ads on tv's, less campaign money flowing into our economies, less presidential candidates coming to visit us, ect.......

That does it.....I'm moving!! Maybe one of those Nice Red States.....if enough of us relocate....they could be blue next time!!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So many people voted for Bush, perhaps because he is the better man? I personally didn't vote for Bush, but the high number of Bush votes basically shows that most people think he's a better president, that's your answer.

And yeah some people here at ATS will say "well they're sheeple, uninformed, idiots, in the dark, etc, etc" but it's not that. Maybe it's just because people out there are smart enough to know that Bush would be a better leader than Kerry, bottom line.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Faisca]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
So many people voted for Bush, perhaps because he is the better man? I personally didn't vote for Bush, but the high number of Bush votes basically shows that most people think he's a better president, that's your answer.

And yeah some people here at ATS will say "well they're sheeple, uninformed, idiots, in the dark, etc, etc" but it's not that. Maybe it's just because people out there are smart enough to know that Bush would be a better leader than Kerry, bottom line.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Faisca]

If that is how you feel,
then why did you not vote for him.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Umm... I was merely stating my opinion of why more people voted for Bush, in my opinion. I didn't vote for Bush because I don't like him, but I think he's better than Kerry. I voted for Badnarik. Basically because I live in Massachusetts, and voting for Bush here is pretty much a wasted vote, so I voted on my principles and for the party I agree with the most.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It's a simple answer.. The Majority of the populace in this country is obviously Mentally Ill...and apparently Bush thinks so too.. at least according to this thread..... www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can think of no other logical or sane reason anyone would vote for that pompous retard....

"A reality is just what we tell each other it is.....Sane and insane could easily switch places. If the Insane were to become the Majority. You would find yourself in a padded cell, wondering WHAT happened with the world...."

Above Quote taken from John Carpenter's
1995 film "In The Mouth Of Madness"

[edit on 3-11-2004 by thethrall_nb]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb
It's a simple answer.. The Majority of the populace in this country is obviously Mentally Ill...and apparently Bush thinks so too.. at least according to this thread..... www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can think of no other logical or sane reason anyone would vote for that pompous retard....

Yeah, that's it. More than half of the population of the United States is mentally ill... Good call.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca

The nail has been struck squarely on the head, If the Democrats offered up a stronger candidate than Kerry, I think Bush would have lost, but being Kerry was the only viable opponent, there was far too much risk in giving the keys to the country to a Senator whose record is less than "leaderlike", while Bush has made some mistakes, he sticks to his ideals and makes tough decisions.

Maybe John can improve his record in the Senate and make another run in four years...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstarOf course, NY would have gone Dem even if safety wasn't an issue....it always does....

Last night on CNN, they talked about this. We have a republican mayor and a republican gov. yet we vote for democrats for president. Giuliani said it was because NY republicans are much like California republicans in their beliefs.

Incidentally, republicans won the NYS presidential vote back when Ronnie was running for office.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Personally, 2 things

First is Right to life, President Bush is Pro Life

Second Gay Marriage,

Not to many people in the US want gay's to have the same marital rights as married people. It was a sticky subject, but believe it or not, there are morals in this country and this one got voters off the couch and to the poles.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Personally, 2 things

First is Right to life, President Bush is Pro Life

Second Gay Marriage,

Not to many people in the US want gay's to have the same marital rights as married people. It was a sticky subject, but believe it or not, there are morals in this country and this one got voters off the couch and to the poles.

Too bad they won't go and actually read that Bible and well, see just what the "traditional marriage" is according to it......
society set up to make women totally dependent on the men, and thus put back into that submissive position....

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Crakeur:

I'm hoping Bush address the rest of the world and lets them know that, when he said "you're either with us or you're against us" he meant it. I hope he puts the rest of the world on notice that UN sanctions and programs, put into to place to benefit nations breaking the sanctions will no longer be allowed. I hope he pulls our military out of nations like France and Germany. I hope he makes it harder for those nations to send goods into our country. I hope he lets the world see what it means to the global economy when we don't spend all of our dollars overseas.

You're under a serious misapprehension that military might equals economic strength. Without the rest of the world as a trading partner (mostly the US buys MANUFACTURED goods), the US would shrivel up like a Slim Jim left on the dashboard of your car.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If you can't realize why people like me voted for Bush over Scary Kerry... Chances are you probably never will!!!

My humble opinion, he was by far the best man for the job!!!

I know you find that hard to believe but I did my research on the subject, and I made the right desicion.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Jakko, your list of misleading and falso assumptions and assertions lead me to believe that you will never get it, no matter how much anyone tries to explain it to you.

Look, go to democraticunderground.com and cry with those guys. They aren't getting it right now, either.

But, I'll try and explain it to you before you go.

We still don't buy into the liberal counterculture crap. Ridiculous, outdated & stolen from an election that both you & I were too young to vote in. There is no "liberal counterculture" Thomas.

We still don't believe that trying to tax your way into prosperity will ever work. Everytime we vote for a Democrat, he rtries it and screws up the economy.
What's true is that you can't borrow yourself into prosperity - that's what we have with an $8 Trillion dollar debt, and a record $147 B being borrowed for the first quarter '05. Nothing is more damaging, Thomas, than ruining your credit, correct? Same at the Macro level.

We don't believe France has our best interest at heart, and we STILL don't want a prez who thinks our safety needs to pass a global test, especially if France is grading the test.

Hollow rhetoric & void of the intelligence you're capable of bringing to an argument to even remotely suggest that a man who wore the uniform like you & I would subject the country he fought to protect

2000 election, as we all know and you don't, was an attempted stolen election, not on the part of the Republicans but the Democrats. If your fraudulant assertions were true, the mainstream media would never have stopped howling about it. Bush won every recount and there was no "disenfranchisement", not even one example could be brought about after all the hearings. What we do know is that it wasn't going to happen again, and that is why so many of us got off our sunburned arses and voted in Florida this time.

No, Americans, for the most part, swallowed whole an injustice in 2000 that never got the full vetting of sunshine because it was delayed & then 9/11 happened, conveniently shifting focus.

No, Bush isn't our dram prez, but at least he isn't a national nightmare looking for a place to happen. He'll do for another 4 years because the Dems couldn't offer us a real American or good alternative. So for now, we'll bide our time and wait for 2008. Then, we're going to unleash our secret weapon on your dumb butts: Condi Rice!!!!!
Condi "whore of Babylon" Rice? That's your rapture of a candidate? Of courese Bush is not a dream president; he's the presidential figurehead to the president in actuality - Dick Cheney. Again, this assertion that John Kerry isn't a real American is just stupid.

You would think that the we, as a nation, would have evolved past the discrimination of others. But, when a candidate wins on all issues except the discrimination of Gay Americans, and loses the race, then you know we're f***ed as a country.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Im 24...a young voter...and voted for Bush...ive followed politics since I was 12...live in a heavy democrat state (ny)...and still chose Bush...Bush didnt steal the election in 2000...its been proven time and time again...hell...the democrats did 3 re-counts of their own...all coming to the same conclusion....BUSH WON...and Bush didnt do anything for Education?...Who started the voucher system for students in troubled schools???....and Bush could use the 9/11 speeches all he wants...he united us then...9/11 shouldnt have even happen...Osama hit us in 93...Clinton didnt do a thing...if he did...9/11 wouldnt have happened...case closed...deal with the next four years...I want a president who actually stands for things and doesnt sway daily with the flavor of the moment...Bush is not a perfect man by far...but I never expect to have a perfect president...theyll always be human...

I was going to edit your post but i couldn't. I couldn't of said it better myself but i will say a few things. It amazes me people are still so ignorant they think Bush stole the 2000 election. I am 26 and i voted for Bush because i have a BRAIN Jakko.

Jakko, I am not sure how you think we would not get offended by your "retarted" comments but you should learn to do research before you say things that have been proven false.

The Main Reason My Vote Went To Bush:

John F Kerry wanted to be the Commander and Chief of the US Military. The same military i look to for protection. John Kerry voted against numerous defense bills that would give the US Military the equipment they need to protect the United States and me. This isn't France, this is the USA, we will do what it takes for protection and John Kerry could do that.

I am just glad to see Bush with a 3.5 million more votes!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
get over it you liberal tree hugging weenies.

you lost by 4 million votes. that makes you and your views the minority in this country. really shows your lack of maturity and lack of an IQ by calling the Bush supporters morons. you are the guys who backed the losing horse.

go eat a wha-burger and some french cries.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Sadly,

The American people have decided to vote for a president based on fear & hate instead of hope and opportunity.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join